7+ Year Old Account
    Classic getting a revamp but retail staying stuck in 2010 would be the biggest dumpster fire in the history of this game.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's easier to retcon than K'aresh being conquered and possibly destroyed, because that event caused Ethereals to lose their corporeal bodies and be scattered throughout the twisting nether.
    Fun fact, K’aresh wasn’t even ‘destroyed’ in the event that made the Ethereals. The planet was “destroyed” after.

I suppose we could end up on a fragment of K'aresh, but that doesn't sound appealing.
    Then I guess going to a fragment of Draenor wouldn’t sound that appealing to you either. Stay away from the Burning Crusade expansion.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticdoll View Post
    Honestly a dragon isles expansion were sylvanas resurrected galakrond and then we go to sl in a 9.3 patch to defeat her would have went over better imo
    Personally I would have just gone for a Northrend revamp.
    It's unlikely to be relevant again. Players loved it. And you can bring in all the death themed stuff from Wrath in various ways, while also showing what happened to the continent.

I remember there being one where the main guiding visual theme of Northrend was global warming. Icecrown was melting, releasing whatever was below. Zul'drak was mostly underwater, with the dungeon entrance being an island. The PvP area whose name I forget had become a big lake, and Crystalsong Forest had collapsed into the Nerubian tunnels.

I remember being quite miffed it wasn't real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Classic getting a revamp but retail staying stuck in 2010 would be the biggest dumpster fire in the history of this game.
    Who would said update be aimed for is what I would want to know.
    Classic stans would probably be annoyed at the Classic models being gone, as well as having to give up on the content they are already familiar with.
    Player like me who just play Retail would firstly want to know whether the things they want from Retail are there, like transmog, their mounts, old raids to farm, etc.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I am really sad that the Son of Hodir tabard wasn't for a Northrend inspired Climate change'd Fire patch or tied to Galakrond's Corpse being ressurected by Rafaam.

(Hmm, asset in Retail that was actually for Classic )

Oh well, it is what it I guess.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    not if they think retail is too far gone for them. since shadowlands, classic has probably become the most popular version of the game. them investing more resources into it would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    not if they think retail is too far gone for them. since shadowlands, classic has probably become the most popular version of the game. them investing more resources into it would make sense
    By removing what makes it Classic?
    This just seems like a recipe to kill both playerbases.

Retail players will want the revamp available with all the amenities they are used to, and Classic players would probably prefer to not have an expansion ruin the point of their game.

Who is this Classic+ expansion made for?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    By removing what makes it Classic?
    This just seems like a recipe to kill both playerbases.

Retail players will want the revamp available with all the amenities they are used to, and Classic players would probably prefer to not have an expansion ruin the point of their game.

Who is this Classic+ expansion made for?
    people that want new content in wow but hate retail.

people that want new content in wow but hate retail.
    People that hate retail, but still want a world revamp, but not so much that they don't mind playing what is effectively a new game to get it.

I imagine most people that hate Retail and want a world revamp would much rather have a world revamp because it's what they think will make Retail better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord sometimes reading through this thread is an aneurysm inducing slog. Those possibly AI art images are interesting though. If they are going the TBC 2.0 route next, with vivid colours, crazy landscapes, and impossible skies, that's another whole set of assets that match old content but have been brought up to modern standards. I still very badly want an evergreen revamp next though. I'm tired of waiting!
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

People that hate retail, but still want a world revamp, but not so much that they don't mind playing what is effectively a new game to get it.

I imagine most people that hate Retail and want a world revamp would much rather have a world revamp because it's what they think will make Retail better.
    they also want blizzard to retcon shadowlands and bfa lmao. as i said, a revamp makes more sense in classic because the worldbuilding in retail has taken too much damage from the last 2 expansions. you could update the assets in retail, but the lore/story would still remain lame/bad

I hope we get an expansion that picks up the story from where it left off in Eredath during Legion. I want to know all about the Void Ethereals like Locus-Walker and go to K'aresh. The cool thing about that is you could have both a space expansion and life expansion at the same time, with all the void aesthetics but also the lush jungles found within the Eco-Domes. Hopefully, we would also get a Void Knight class skin for paladins finally too.

It just felt like that was the logical next step in the escalation of the story into the cosmic realms. Not this weird journey into the Sylvanas arc and the Maw. But that story thread has been just hanging out there like a big old matzo ball since patch 7.3, just waiting to be plucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    No, they do not come from an e-mail - but from the environment that informed about DF and Legion.
    However, it was noted that these may be "baits", as I mentioned earlier.

^ this.

Unfortunately, I may cool down the hype, but it's impossible to judge whether they are legit - 50/50.

I'll go back to reading, and in the same way (although I haven't played DF too much because lack of time) I'm waiting for the new expansion like You guys
    Also idk about the legion leaks but the df leaks were a few days before the announcement, seems sus this leak came more than a month before the announcement

they also want blizzard to retcon shadowlands and bfa lmao. as i said, a revamp makes more sense in classic because the worldbuilding in retail has taken too much damage from the last 2 expansions. you could update the assets in retail, but the lore/story would still remain lame/bad
    That still doesn't explain why people would switch over from Retail to Classic without being able to carry their stuff over.
    People might not like SL and BfA, but still want the transmog from them.

You are also ignoring all the people who don't care about lore and just want content. Those people would definitely not be happy about having to abandon all their stuff on Retail be able to play the newest expansion.

I mean, just imagine if the next expansion was a world revamp. All the stuff that happened since the end of Legion was a dream, and all your wildest WoW dreams are here.
    However, all your DKs, Monks, Demon Hunters, and Dracthyr will be deleted. All the mounts and battle pets are gone. But at least you can farm a single expansions worth of new stuff.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I hope we get an expansion that picks up the story from where it left off in Eredath during Legion. I want to know all about the Void Ethereals like Locus-Walker and go to K'aresh. The cool thing about that is you could have both a space expansion and life expansion at the same time, with all the void aesthetics but also the lush jungles found within the Eco-Domes. Hopefully, we would also get a Void Knight class skin for paladins finally too.

It just felt like that was the logical next step in the escalation of the story into the cosmic realms. Not this weird journey into the Sylvanas arc and the Maw. But that story thread has been just hanging out there like a big old matzo ball since patch 7.3, just waiting to be plucked.
    Same. There’s also that whole stuff with Shadreen and the brawlers guild.

My only concern is that blizzard would forget that there’s a huge faction of Ethereals whose whole purpose is to combat the void. It feels like they’re turning all Ethereals into void Ethereals.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Not sure if sarcasm but if you look at a lot of East Asian inspired fantasy books, Sci Fi elements are usually pretty prominent throughout.

There’s also a genre that mixes the two when it’s East Asian inspired known as Silkpunk.
    Having an ancient lost high-tech civ seems downright mandatory there. Often they blur the line between sufficiently advanced and sufficiently analysed by having it some form of advanced magitech as well.

That still doesn't explain why people would switch over from Retail to Classic without being able to carry their stuff over.
    People might not like SL and BfA, but still want the transmog from them.

You are also ignoring all the people who don't care about lore and just want content. Those people would definitely not be happy about having to abandon all their stuff on Retail be able to play the newest expansion.

I mean, just imagine if the next expansion was a world revamp. All the stuff that happened since the end of Legion was a dream, and all your wildest WoW dreams are here.
    However, all your DKs, Monks, Demon Hunters, and Dracthyr will be deleted. All the mounts and battle pets are gone. But at least you can farm a single expansions worth of new stuff.
    i mean it's not like blizzard is going to abandon retail. it will probably get more cosmic crap written by danuser. people who are attached to their collectibles can stay there. classic+ is for ex wow players who hate the direction of retail and classic players who want new content but none of the baggage retail has. hardcore proves that. many are no lifing classic while they wouldn't touch retail with a stick

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Same. There’s also that whole stuff with Shadreen and the brawlers guild.

My only concern is that blizzard would forget that there’s a huge faction of Ethereals whose whole purpose is to combat the void. It feels like they’re turning all Ethereals into void Ethereals.
    It could be an interesting story to explore the division between the Void Ethereals and the regular ones. Maybe we befriend the void ones, and the regular ones are the baddies this time? Would make sense, since we fought the Nexus-Prince but worked with Locus-Walker.

i mean it's not like blizzard is going to abandon retail. it will probably get more cosmic crap written by danuser. people who are attached to their collectibles can stay there. classic+ is for ex wow players who hate the direction of retail and classic players who want new content but none of the baggage retail has. hardcore proves that. many are no lifing classic while they wouldn't touch retail with a stick
    So just casually develop twice the amount of content?

Why not then just create two expansion for WoW concurrently. One grounded on Azeroth, and one with cosmic themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    ^ this.

Unfortunately, I may cool down the hype, but it's impossible to judge whether they are legit - 50/50.

I'll go back to reading, and in the same way (although I haven't played DF too much because lack of time) I'm waiting for the new expansion like You guys
    I mean, the others are small (still look extremely AI), but the one you(?) have as a pfp, the winged void-thing, is 100% AI generated.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2023-09-23 at 03:58 PM.

So just casually develop twice the amount of content?

Why not then just create two expansion for WoW concurrently. One grounded on Azeroth, and one with cosmic themes.
    well idk, but there is an overwhelming demand for more classic content. blizzard might hire more people to work on that. it's not like they don't have the money. classic and retail could become 2 completely different products.