I'll forever be behind the idea of a "phased" world expansion (something I'd have wanted for a Black Empire expac as well and as part of a Death expac using the Veil); you'd pick some contiguous zones on Azeroth, visually update them and then the expansion would be in a Void phase of those zones that would exist coterminous to them. We see the concept while questing with Alleria on Argus when she can slip into a void version of the world. E.g. you could place something like this in Azeroth by having the Sunwell actually invert to the Void as it threatened to do on Alleria's presence and then it would threaten to take the surrounding lands with it.
    You'd be able to travel there by a small number of stable void gates in the physical world (which would ofc feature some kind of invasion content) while the questlines would be on the phased world with possible dungeons that exist in both phases. And we could have exploration puzzles that utilize this gating effect.

Can you tell that A Link to the Past and Soul Reaver are some of my favourite games ever?
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-09-24 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, going by all the leaked info so far, I am going to whip up a quick speculation before I take a nap.

What if all of the current leaked things actually are correct and are not red herrings but seem so unlikely that they would be seen as such?

What if the sword breaks open the ground that leads to another portal/facility that takes us off world after an even is triggered.

What if the revamp actually is for retail still but contained within its own space that we can level out of or back into if desired. A Classic+ with the added benefit of being inside retail for more gameplay options of your choosing but restricted here and there depending.

Void world stuff actually sounds pretty amazing to me still to be honest.

Next few weeks will be extremely entertaining IMO!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    So, going by all the leaked info so far, I am going to whip up a quick speculation before I take a nap.

What if all of the current leaked things actually are correct and are not red herrings but seem so unlikely that they would be seen as such?

What if the sword breaks open the ground that leads to another portal/facility that takes us off world after an even is triggered.

What if the revamp actually is for retail still but contained within its own space that we can level out of or back into if desired. A Classic+ with the added benefit of being inside retail for more gameplay options of your choosing but restricted here and there depending.

Void world stuff actually sounds pretty amazing to me still to be honest.

Next few weeks will be extremely entertaining IMO!
    You mean like this?

Classic -> (WotLK? Skip Cata?) -> Classic Plus + Revamp Textures

Retail -> Dragonflight -> Xpac + Revamp Textures

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    You know I've been on karesh's cock for a while now but I'm starting to think Nathreza is a huge candidate.

The leaked cinematic creatures look like dreadlords.

The datamined dread lord set could be the collector's edition mog items similar to SL and DF.

The current unknown status of Sire D.

And those pics look like a planet that got ffffffucked up outland style, which we know is what happened to nathreza in the Illidam novel.

Who knows, maybe we'll go to both and instead of a Seafair exp it's a spacefairing exp, oh boy
    Yeah I’m on the Nathreza boat too with all the current “evidence” we have.

I wouldn't be so hasty to assume things. We still have key art featuring a totally unrelated character, so if this art is supposed to hint at anything, I'm thinking it's a specific region like Silithus.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I wouldn't be so hasty to assume things. We still have key art featuring a totally unrelated character, so if this art is supposed to hint at anything, I'm thinking it's a specific region like Silithus.
    It's giving Might of Kalimdor vibes.

Damn thrall keyart throws a monkey wrench in everything.

The only way I can tie him to a void exp is with Yrel.

Gerayah will most definitely go to war against the lightbound if they make their way to our timeline. I'm thinking thrall is her mentor and through that relationship might give him some kind of special role. Idfk.

Maybe him being in nzoth vision means something too.
    Last edited by Well Done Steak; 2023-09-24 at 08:46 AM.

So I really CBA reading through 100 pages of the same two people arguing a point no one makes just to find actual interesting conversation, so my question is:

These leaks that people are talking about, is there any more than the Towelliee tweet and the "leaked" cinematic still? Because I'd just like to remind people of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    But read my post… why would that be compensation? The Cata zones are literally already in retail. The fans of the revamp concept want a revamp to move us away from and to update the Cata-era zones currently in retail. Getting Cata classic isn’t going to be a consolation or compensation for not getting a World Revamp in retail when literally the reason why we want a revamp is to move away from the Cata zones.
    This 100%!

Cataclysm Classic will only show why people wanted to play Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK again so badly.

Every reason why most people wanted to play the Classic era servers was introduced/removed in Cataclysm.

Cataclysm design is the antithesis of Vanilla, and Retail nowadays has only doubled on everything that Cataclysm design brought up more than a decade ago.

I hope they bring Cataclysm Classic with no changes whatsoever, and hopefully, they will understand why Retail has been declining so fast since that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    So I really CBA reading through 100 pages of the same two people arguing a point no one makes just to find actual interesting conversation, so my question is:

These leaks that people are talking about, is there any more than the Towelliee tweet and the "leaked" cinematic still? Because I'd just like to remind people of this.
    Some art that appears AI-generated was posted by a relatively trusted source. While the art doesn't look to me like it's concept art or a real screenshot, it does look like it may be meant to hint at something overall.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This 100%!

Cataclysm Classic will only show why people wanted to play Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK again so badly.

Every reason why most people wanted to play the Classic era servers was introduced/removed in Cataclysm.

Cataclysm design is the antithesis of Vanilla, and Retail nowadays has only doubled on everything that Cataclysm design brought up more than a decade ago.

I hope they bring Cataclysm Classic with no changes whatsoever, and hopefully, they will understand why Retail has been declining so fast since that time.
    I think Classic showed why we evolved from that.

It's been a colossal failure, and the only reason it is still relevant is because of Hardcore, which has nothing to do with the gamedesign of Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Some art that appears AI-generated was posted by a relatively trusted source. While the art doesn't look to me like it's concept art or a real screenshot, it does look like it may be meant to hint at something overall.
    Which one is that?

I think Classic showed why we evolved from that.

It's been a colossal failure, and the only reason it is still relevant is because of Hardcore, which has nothing to do with the gamedesign of Classic.
    What? Classic is failure? I mean, I'm sure Cataclysm Classic will be a failure...

But Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK are nearly 20 years old, yet they managed to generate hype after being re-released for the 2nd or even a 3rd time. Vanilla/Classic is generating hype by just being released with a gimmick, while Retail is releasing brand new content at a pace we've never seen before, and nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    What? Classic is failure? I mean, I'm sure Cataclysm Classic will be a failure...

But Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK are nearly 20 years old, yet they managed to generate hype after being re-released for the 2nd or even a 3rd time. Vanilla/Classic is generating hype by just being released with a gimmick, while Retail is releasing brand new content at a pace we've never seen before, and nobody cares.
    "Generating hype" and being actual products people play are two different things.

Vanilla was big for a while, fair enough, but TBC/Wrath was dead on arrival lmao.

It just proved that people like the concept of Classic, but not the actual game.

The reason Hardcore is such a big thing is because it's a streamer-bait gimmick. People use "Oh, Classic has more Twitch viewers than DF, therefore it's better!" as if that means anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing World of Warcraft: The Dark Below

Okay, okay, hear me out - The Dark Below may be a term for the Twisting nether, or somehow related to it. It also invokes voidy things. I'm betting Towellie has seen this title and just immediately assumed Dark Below meant under water things. But I think the hint/leak images that may be AI or not are pointing to a voidy, dreadlordy expansion. Thus The Dark Below.

Edit: its been 10 years since the first Dark Below fake leak, so.. anniversary?
    Last edited by hipolnalrt; 2023-09-24 at 09:53 AM.

The reason Hardcore is such a big thing is because it's a streamer-bait gimmick. People use "Oh, Classic has more Twitch viewers than DF, therefore it's better!" as if that means anything.
    Hardcore realms and Classic-era realms are booming. You should leave the Retail bubble and check them out.

I know I did, and I'm impressed. I think you should give it a shot as well.

- - - Updated - - -

And I say this as someone who never played Vanilla before. I started in late WOTLK, and now I understand why so many people love Vanilla so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    Honestly, looking at these (granted they are really kinda small, it does sort of give proper Ingame Screenshot vibes. You know, in the sense that it looks better than it would ultimately look on live, because the footage was processed and captured on showcase rigs for the purpose of being trailer shots etc.). Straight Artwork would be different and it doesn't give me high quality AI Art vibes at all, just because the art style that you CAN make out on some of these, if you scoot in real close is very distinct, compared to what I've seen of AI Art trying to replicate the WoW Style.
    They give real eco-dome vibes:

Something to bear in mind is that the Ethereal’s can likely replicate any environment they choose within the eco domes. They don’t have to just be jungles. They could easily be the size of a zone too.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that could just be as simple as Metzen being back and Thrall being synonymous with Metzen.

10+ Year Old Account
    My french uncle who works at Blizzard sent me this :

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can be easily faked tho.
    How about that build no. ?

"Generating hype" and being actual products people play are two different things.
    So true. Just look at the last hyped games from Blizzard and how many player's stick around after preordering.

Overwatch 2, Warcraft reforged, Diablo IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    My french uncle who works at Blizzard sent me this :

They could at least use the same shade of colour for the title if they want it to be believeable.
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2023-09-24 at 10:22 AM.