Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that it's going to be a Light v Void expansion.

All evidence points to 11.0 being a "Void is the antagonist trying to take Azeroth's world-soul", but the faction protecting Azeroth from the Hour of Twilight has always been Order, not the Light (even if its for selfish reasons).

- - - Updated - - -

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Melinor

That's why.

Don't think the light as an antagonist can hold an expansion on its own. Same with void imo but it'd be easier to pull off if need to.

We have plenty of set up for cosmic light baddies between Xera and Illidam, revendreth, and Yrel and the lightbound. Oh and the fact that turalyon sits on the alliance throne and most likely won't give it up back to anduin, especially with the SW Nobles breathing down his neck

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    On the next episode of MMO-C! X says that underground expansion is happening. Y says that Void vs. Light is happening. X says that underground is happening. Stay tuned for more!
    And you keep saying "OH EM GEEE WHO IS HYPED I'M HYPED ARE YOU HYPED????".

Everyone has something.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    On the next episode of MMO-C! X says that underground expansion is happening. Y says that Void vs. Light is happening. X says that underground is happening. Stay tuned for more!
    For this reason BlizzCon can't come quick enough so we can get back to more varied discussions
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticdoll View Post
    this leak posted August 27th fits a lot of what we have been seeing the past few days/weeks

ka'resh -from the scale face leak

undermine from the toweliee cave stuff

underwater zone with naga- we got the naga backpack and hints of a Azshara return in-game

traveling by boat- we have all the new boat models

thrall having a campaign - he's the key art for Blizzcon

I didn't really think anything of this leak but it seems like it could be piecing together. I guess we will see if the trademark comes soon as said by the exdev Twitter account, it's also interesting that the exdev account posted all their stuff in late August as well.
    The OP of that leak being called BananaCrates is very funny to me and probably a few of the old regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Melinor

That's why.

Don't think the light as an antagonist can hold an expansion on its own. Same with void imo but it'd be easier to pull off if need to.

We have plenty of set up for cosmic light baddies between Xera and Illidam, revendreth, and Yrel and the lightbound. Oh and the fact that turalyon sits on the alliance throne and most likely won't give it up back to anduin, especially with the SW Nobles breathing down his neck
    See, what you're doing here is essentially taking a breadcrumb for possible future stories, and trying to sell it as a loaf of bread to the rest of us. Let me guess, it's the expansion you've always dreamed of?

"A Song of the Depths" is quite literally spelling out to you that the Harbinger and Queen Azshara are coming right around the corner, while the rest of the story, from the Tyr quests to everything we're doing to empower the Dragon Aspects, tells us that Order is the primary force to oppose the Void in this particular story.

Light v Void is on the meta side of things. Cosmologically, they are each other's opposites.

But within the context of the Void and Old Gods on Azeroth, Order has always been its biggest enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    We didn’t know Sylvanas would be relevant for sure. Shadowlands was just one expansion concept thrown around. In fact, Dragon Isles was the more prevalent prediction because of all the dragon foreshadowing throughout BfA such as the Aspects having a large role in regards to powering up the Heart of Azeroth with essences, the various hints at the Black flight and the Twilight dragons in dragon expeditions, as well as the fact that Wrathion was off searching for the Dragon Isles. The most popular Shadowlands leak that was getting all of the traction and discussion going was the one Pyromancer and Asmongold were championing wit the concept map that “leaked” and that seemed like it was going to be an Old God expansion instead with N’Zoth taking over the Shadowlands.

That said, I agree in regards to Thrall. He is the poster child for Warcraft and it’s more likely he is on the key art for that as well as that Metzen is returning. He would still fit in for pretty much any expansion though as a major character so it could work both ways.
    Sylvanas kills a main character using her new edgy powers, cackles maniacally, and disappears into a literal puff of smoke. Loyalists get extra dialogue essentially saying "Hahaha, soon they will see my truuueee master!"

People going for a "Oh, N'zoth will survive!" next expansion were missing the forest for the trees. Pyromancer especially is great at that.

We didn't necessarily know that it was gonna be Shadowlands, but we DID know for pretty much certain that Sylvanas was gonna be relevant. Just like we knew Gul'dan was gonna be relevant in the expansion after WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    i don't know why you're talking about the relevance of the characters depicted on the posters
    i mean, it has nothing to do with the fact that they're important or very involved in the extension in question
    they're there to represent the theme of the expansion
    My point was just that Thrall is the poster child for Warcraft, which he is. So we shouldn’t be looking into it too much. Plus, Metzen is coming back after years and him and Thrall tend to come as a package. But yeah, he would also fit pretty much any expansion that threatens Azeroth considering his role as the world shaman and the de facto main character of the game.

But what you said isn’t exactly true because every character on the key art for that Blizzcon had been a major character at the time of that expansion.

Gul’dan - WoD and Legion.
    Illidan - Legiob
    Jaina - BfA
    Saurfang - BfA
    Sylvanas - BfA and Shadowlands
    Alexstrasza - Dragonflight

They were all literally major players with major storylines in those expansions so I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-09-24 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    See, what you're doing here is essentially taking a breadcrumb for possible future stories, and trying to sell it as a loaf of bread to the rest of us. Let me guess, it's the expansion you've always dreamed of?

"A Song of the Depths" is quite literally spelling out to you that the Harbinger and Queen Azshara are coming right around the corner, while the rest of the story, from the Tyr quests to everything we're doing to empower the Dragon Aspects, tells us that Order is the primary force to oppose the Void in this particular story.

Light v Void is on the meta side of things. Cosmologically, they are each other's opposites.

But within the context of the Void and Old Gods on Azeroth, Order has always been its biggest enemy.
    The void is coming before any titans come, as per iridikron in dawn of the infinite.

Azshara is part of team void so I fully expect her to show up.

With all the time stuff that happened in DF it's a perfect set up for Yrel to be dragged into our timeline to further shakes things up.

And again, the light most likely won't be the singular villain in an exp

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The OP of that leak being called BananaCrates is very funny to me and probably a few of the old regulars.
    Touché! I was about to say, that leak does sound like it's compiling everything we've been discussing here, even the topics that barely lasted more than 2-3 pages.

I think that if we take into account Ion's recent declarations about the WoW team not wanting to do an Old God focused expansion or an Emerald Dream focused expansion, because the settings would not be different enough, there is little chance of getting a full Void expansion or a full Underground expansion.

IMO, it is perfectly possible to do an expansion focused on any of these themes, but Blizzard disagrees.

So I would say, 11.0 will NOT be full Void, and 11.0 will NOT be full Underground.

Now if they make a partial or full revamp, they can include any theme that they want, and from time to time, an underground zone, which seems like the most reasonable approach.

I am curious, how would you feel if Blizzard's aim is to revamp all the world through several expansions? Including all the continents, except Outland, Draenor and the Shadowlands. They can give us a cosmic patch from time to time, a new Azeroth continent... but the focus would always be in Azeroth, making (in due time) every continent evergreen, with the Dragon Isles as the start of this new world.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-09-24 at 05:30 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I am curious, how would you feel if Blizzard's aim is to revamp all the world through several expansions? Including all the continents, except Outland, Draenor and the Shadowlands. They can give us a cosmic patch from time to time, a new Azeroth continent... but the focus would always be in Azeroth, making (in due time) every continent evergreen, with the Dragon Isles as the start of this new world.
    Unless they're remaking them from scratch, that sounds like a really unexciting six+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Unless they're remaking them from scratch, that sounds like a really unexciting six+ years.
    That is the idea.

I always have said that any revamp has to follow the "Draenor treatment" or it is bound to fail.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

After looking over that Voidstorm leak, name aside, that would be the perfect best expansion for me if we aren’t getting a revamp.

Though, the more thought I give it; I’m a lot more open to an expansion set on just K’aresh or Nathreza than I was previously.

I don't think they are going to touch old expansion continents besides EK/Kalimdor. Have people noticed that every Outland reference lately is people LEAVING Outland for Azeroth?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticdoll View Post
    this leak posted August 27th fits a lot of what we have been seeing the past few days/weeks

ka'resh -from the scale face leak

undermine from the toweliee cave stuff

underwater zone with naga- we got the naga backpack and hints of a Azshara return in-game

traveling by boat- we have all the new boat models

thrall having a campaign - he's the key art for Blizzcon

I didn't really think anything of this leak but it seems like it could be piecing together. I guess we will see if the trademark comes soon as said by the exdev Twitter account, it's also interesting that the exdev account posted all their stuff in late August as well.
    No pirates though, remember!

I think the leak is fake and just putting things together based on clues and things in the file. For example the "underwater race" is definitely Jinyu and they are pretending not to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    That is the idea.

I always have said that any revamp has to follow the "Draenor treatment" or it is bound to fail.
    I think a full remake is functional in terms of replacing a continent as a location setting, but I think it also comes with a lot of secondary issues like evergreen stories necessitating a lot of self-contained, continuity isolated, low-stakes plotlines.

I also feel like it doesn't solve most of the issues people seem to think it will. Like onboarding brand new players or resolving time jumps between bits of content.

Did we ever figure out whats up with that two headed dragon in traitor's rest in azure span?
    Just remembered it while doing dreamsurges today. With 10.2 i think its the only weird thing besides vrakthros that didn't get any lore yet and just sits there unused.

Next expansion will get revealed and Metzen will try to sell us leper gnomes and giblins as new playable races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Perhaps, but there's a difference between releasing a new spec and an entirely new class.
    There is, and I can see the logic in either approach;

You introduce a new class with a support spec so that you don't have anger among players whose class of choice didn't get a new spec, and you don't have to worry about balancing too many new support specs at once.

You introduce 3-4 new specs in existing classes in order to provide a wider variety of options for players.

In an Undermine expansion you get option 1. In a Yrel expansion you get option 2. Either way, I think we're getting new support specs of some kind next expansion.

The interesting thing is that Undermine lines up with Thrall on the keyart, Towelilee's statements, Blizzard's statements in regards to Zaralek cavern, WoW's 20th anniversary, the Chinese predictor talking about an elemental expansion in 11.0, the strange batch of tech items we got, and fits the need for a new support spec.

I still think the frontrunners here are Yrel Lightbound, or Underground expansion.

So Voidstorm would have an underwater race that's not any known one like Naga or Jinyu, and K'aresh (which would be the planet shown in the Scaleface/wowexdev pictures) is a patch island that wouldn't be fully accessible at launch.

Not sure that lines up particularly well with the datamined Terrarium having a Naga front and center, and the void planet pictures supposedly being promotional art (why promote a patch...?) with Dreadlords.

Also, "a glyph" for silver light of all things is a dead giveaway that it's fake. Glyphs only apply to single spells, and it'd be a waste of the art team's time for such a small change.
    Last edited by lostsoup; 2023-09-24 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    So Voidstorm would have an underwater race that's not any known one like Naga or Jinyu, and K'aresh (which would be the planet shown in the Scaleface/wowexdev pictures) is a patch island that wouldn't be fully accessible at launch. Not sure that lines up particularly well with the datamined Terrarium having a Naga front and center, and the void planet pictures supposedly being promotional art with Dreadlords.
    The terarrium probably isn't related to the next expansion, otherwise it would be encrypted.

Also the Void Dreadlord picture is probably fake as it has some wonky AI anatomy, particularly the wing on the right.

I don't think we've gotten any genuine leak yet.