Poll: Do you like Facebooks ads for Dragonflight?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Lightbulb Deleted Dragonflight Facebook ads

Take a look at now hidden/deleted Facebook ads for Dragonflight. "Dragons" respond to criticism from Twitter users. Do you like these commercials or not and why? Do you play WoW: Dragonflight? I need your answers for a research of sorts.

UPDATE:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    Oh, hey, one ad is actually still up for some reason! I guess, the question is more of: why the rest are gone? Maybe they simply decided to clean up the feed. This one also got nicer comments than some of the other ones. But I'll try to not overthink this.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=617478213461375
    UPDATE 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    Hey, people. That last ad from this Facebook line-up is removed as well: it's not present in the feed, it's not present in the video archive, and the post was removed as well. I guess they are all gone now.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=617478213461375 - now ded link
    Last edited by Kiraser; 2022-12-05 at 11:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I scrolled by these a few times and just the very idea was cringeworthy enough to not watch any. Funny that they got deleted though, I guess it's a little hostile.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I have hard time believing these ads are authentic. If so, no wonder they're deleted. Too hostile towards people who are entitled to their own opinion.

This is what Blizzard has been reduced to. Juvenile tiktok tier advertising.

10+ Year Old Account
    That ads were fine, at least more PR than Shadowlands ever had. As well, they felt nice among the others they weren't too revealing or disruptive, some were funny, others a little lame but still a good presence. Loved them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoyed them!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

We came from this:

To this cringe tiktok thing above.

These ads exactly shows how their final target audience has changed fast few years.

Yikes those ads, looks too high quality to be a hoax/fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    These ads exactly shows how their final target audience has changed fast few years.
    Or shows how gen X and Ys who who built World of Warcraft have been replaced by zoomers who have no appreciation for the true Warcraft and are perverting it.

Can see why they were deleted.

Probably not a good look to be condescending or smug when you're a developer who's released multiple train wrecks in recent years.

It's an add, so it's bad. Simple
    MMO Champs :

Bold move to use complaints by the average MMO-C poster to sell an expansion.

They're not wrong doe.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Or shows how gen X and Ys who who built World of Warcraft have been replaced by zoomers who have no appreciation for the true Warcraft and are perverting it.
    Hahahahaha. WoW even has its own boomers now, incredible. "No appreciation for true Warcraft" like back when Corpsegrinder called the Alliance "fuckin homos" and there was a reality TV competition to build a Warcraft themed motorbike - very cool to know that "true Warcraft" is the same as middle-aged men sitting around in their basement bar complaining about their wives and wishing they were part of a biker gang.

I think I prefer Zoomercraft, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...........this looks as bad as mobile game adds......
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The leads seem to be boomers and gen X. I think what they lost is talent, not some a subgroup across generations.

Even if they have dogshit takes (which they often do) insulting your players is never a good idea

Look at the recently saints row tweets to see proof of that

I wonder how desperate they are to have run ads like that.

Also, notice how they haven't announced as-of-first-day sales? I wonder why.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

Has nothing to do with desperation. Tiktok is the biggest digital marketing platform at the moment. The wow boomers are already playing the game...so they obviously want to try to catch the younger generation which already addicted to the tiktard algorythm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    *shrugs* played since day one and I found some of them funny, even more so, people in the comment who acted "triggered" about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

Well, some financial reports cannot be made public while there is a sale on the go, just like the last quarterly meeting wasn't with all details but only main ones. We're most likely going to hear some numbers within the next meeting or mid-December.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The ads were incredibly dumb, tonedeaf, and cringe, but then what ads aren't? I don't see what the big deal was.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."