Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I feel like some of their heads are a little too large for their bodies, but just some of the models. One of the faces looks like this person who goes to my gym, and it's very distracting.

The burly males look good. The faces of the females look weird.

There exists a long list of races for Horde and Alliance i'd prefer over centaur to become playable first. Looking especially at you Ogre.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Some of their faces are just soulless:

And they've lost some of their asiatic looks:
    Prettt sure they got males with that iconic hairstyle and grumpy face. Females are a new take as we only had the stormcasters from vanilla that were female, but always with masks.

Centaur models were missing and they look fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    not seen much talk about these, I wonder how people find them?

Obviously a vast improvement from Barrens/ classic Cenatur... so would you want Centaur in the horde and Cenarians in the alliance if we get playable quadrupeds? Or would you prefer Magnataur?
    They would be broken as a playable race.
    2 pants, 4 belts and 2 pair of shoes....

The models look like they got ported from a mobile game.

They're a good improvement, mainly because a lot of them have various bits strapped to their horsey selves. It's nice seeing the variety.

They'll never be playable, though. Complete nightmare for any and all mounts plus gear... eek.

If they make them playable then i have only one question: https://imgur.com/t/centaur/Y6rxy

10+ Year Old Account
    A playable insect? (as I remember from biology studies, if something has 6 limbs, that's an insect).
    Dunno, feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by linkedblade View Post
    if they make them playable then i have only one question: https://imgur.com/t/centaur/y6rxy
    #4.

Obviously.

The Kul Tiran folk liked their horses so much they became them.
    They feel uncanny to me.
    As if someone ripped off the face of a human and glued it on a centaur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    A playable insect? (as I remember from biology studies, if something has 6 limbs, that's an insect).
    Dunno, feels weird.
    While I don't think they'd be playable (That whole mounting issue isn't gonna be really solveable due to random quest mounting, as much as I'd finally like Dryads/Keepers to be playable, and Centaurs are kind of the go-to counterpart to them), having six limbs doesn't make things an insect. Springtails and diplurans both have six limbs, but they're specifically not insects. They're both in Hexapoda, but Hexapoda is a sub-group of Crustacea, and centaurs (and dragons for that matter) sure don't fit in there.

No on a playable race.

And the models look terrible. The faces have no animations to them. It's like Blizzard ran out of time, and decided to just push forward anyways -- 2004 facial animation style.

The females look obviously 2022 though....manly.

They look pixar-fied and fail to recapture the essence of the old centaur models. So pretty much par for the course. They also look really fat compared to the more slender looking old centaurs. Proportions are horrendous.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I think the new models are horrible. It doesn't look like something from Warcraft.
    Last edited by MakeMeLaugh; 2022-12-05 at 06:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Well, when compared with old ones...

...body's disproportion looks a little different, due to increase in "human" part, especially hands. Faces were adjusted to unified geometry of new models, imo they are "unpleasant", but differently than before, in other words - not in an "ethnic" special sense, but with direct stylistic approach. In general, unsightly toys that are simply bulky/bursting with something from inside, like almost all other new models: textures are high-poly, but still too bright and blurry (their manner to draw fur/hair), there is no old sharp contrast of soft colors and "thin, angular" lines that give natural "bonedness"/severity/rigidity to image, animations (posture, where former confidence *points to new draenei with pointedly crooked legs* same stuff, look at front view; I'm too lazy to look for a run, but I think it's no much different from new horses, and this is "not good" at all; about facial expressions ~I'm not even going to remind ones here given same facial frame as rest of new models)...

No, I don't really like them, but it doesn't much matter in light of my acute anger (still, and it's unlikely that this will ever change) about new character models. It still remains the very moment when I completely lost faith in ability of current devs to do something meaningful for this game.

ps. Well, what can I say, it's the same new style of theirs, that is everywhere in game *remembering Hogger's theme once again with unkind word*
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-12-06 at 09:12 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Both the buff and small models look good and they have a lot of mix and match parts to give them alot of variety.

Old centaurs looked pretty awful even for classic models so they really could only go up from there.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Hated the Centaur back in vanilla and that view has not changed, I hate these ones just as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Models are great. Some faces are emm derp ? But in general they are nice. New Furbolgs ftw anyway :P
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-12-06 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Models are great. Some faces are emm derp ? But in general they are nice. Furbolgs ftw anyway :P
    Furbolgs are where it's at. The new model is much better while still looking wild and aggressive.

Not particularly impressed with Centaur in DF. Too sanitized. Not so much the model as the culture.