Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Raszageth is a powerful and awesome villain so far.

Raszageth a.k.a the the Storm Eater, the Storm Bringer, the Storm Goddess.

So far she's proving to be a amazing villain in appearance, power, and motives.

Appearance - She looks very unique and interesting. A good mix between a dinosaur, dragon, duck, and bird.

Power - Easily one of the strongest villains we ever faced only behind Sargeras and N'zoth. Powerful enough that a single attack could one shot Alexstrasa and Kalyacos. Powerful enough to make Deathwing and his Elite army chicken out instead of facing her head on. Wind powers that makes the one from Ak'akvir look like child's play and lightning powers that makes Lei Shens lightning look like a amateur.

Motives - She's extreme but she has a point. Bring the world back to the natural order and down with the wicked magic! I agree with my storm goddess. You want fear? She's the fear! You want chaos? She's the chaos! You want a new beginning? She is the new beginning!
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

What are you talking about with her power levels?

I'm not saying she's weak and I am enjoying the expansion but this is just a weird post with a weirder signature. Her power is, and this is made very clear repeatedly throughout the story, only particularly powerful compared to the Aspects who have been depowered; against the Aspects at their pinnacle she still seems like she'd be quite strong — see Deathwing's cinematic with her — but nowhere near this overwhelming on her own. Yet somehow power-wise you have decided that she's more powerful than the Jailor, who was shittily written but we're told on par with Sargeras, and that Deathwing who we had to sacrifice the power of the Aspects and get the Dragon Soul to have any chance against, is weaker than Elisande...

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think you may be ranking these villains less on their power levels and more on who you enjoy. Nothing wrong with that, except the terminology you're using.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Looks cool but come on the corny voice acting and the cliche dialogue is a textbook paint by numbers villain.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

that list is just is obvious trolling,the jailer* was clearly stated to be sargeras levels,in fact he could proly even be stronger due to the domination thing,lk above agrammar?or deathwing? lol

i get that old neltharion may have had issues in dealing with those storm dragons,but the deathwing we faced in wow was a very different beast,he would have anihilated raszageth

7+ Year Old Account
    Generic protodragon with horns using a lightning/storm skin. Her motives are not killing Wrathion or Alextrasza because 'muahaha ill get you next time'

Ah, you are the guy with the terrible power levels sig. Nevermind
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Looks cool but come on the corny voice acting and the cliche dialogue is a textbook paint by numbers villain.
    Honestly a simple villian is perfectly fine. The 9D chess jailer was garbage "plans so secret not even I know what they are mwuahahaha"

I'm opposed to order, there is too much of it, I am going to end it.
    She has a goal, she believes in it, and it opposes us.
    She's chaotic neutral imo and it's fine.

The cheesy dialogue is cheesy, but it's better than faux deep dialogue like the janitor

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah ok bruh.

How about this - it's just an overgrown lizard that's not getting stomped outright purely only because Alexstrasza and co forgot their chargers at home. It's a completely throwaway local gateway villain that will pave the way for actual villain of the expansion with her corpse the very first raid.

Putting Raszageth above Azshara or frikkin' Jailer is a joke. It's practically a Thunder King with wings and we stomp her flat in one patch just as such.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post

Appearance - She looks very unique and interesting. A good mix between a dinosaur, dragon, duck, and bird.

Power - Easily one of the strongest villains we ever faced only behind Sargeras and N'zoth. Powerful enough that a single attack could one shot Alexstrasa and Kalyacos. Powerful enough to make Deathwing and his Elite army chicken out instead of facing her head on. Wind powers that makes the one from Ak'akvir look like child's play and lightning powers that makes Lei Shens lightning look like a amateur.

Motives - She's extreme but she has a point. Bring the world back to the natural order and down with the wicked magic! I agree with my storm goddess. You want fear? She's the fear! You want chaos? She's the chaos! You want a new beginning? She is the new beginning!
    Agreed on all points except power.

In that regard she's just a stormy dragochicken that wouldn't even be second fiddle to Deathwing (and keep in mind that the Deathwing we know had been made that way - that powerful - by the power of the dragon soul and the old gods).

Seriously she doesn't measure up to most of them - an inferior dragon version of Al'akir, who was beaten by Ra, beaten by us without notable borriwed power, weakest of the elemental lords.

I like her, but her power needs way more explanation if she is indeed superior to anything - otherwise she is just another in a long line of inconsistently powerful warcraft villains (joining the ranks of the "totally titan level" jailer and "Backhands McGee" Kul Tiran randos slapping the shit out of death-empowered champs like ourselves).
    Last edited by loras; 2022-12-05 at 12:02 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

She's a shameless ripoff. MMO plot about a horned beastman who summons an ancient light-blue storm dragon with prominent teeth/tusks, who rants to the heroes trying to make herself out to be misunderstood/innocent in a contralto voice. Also acts like a total idiot, not killing the heroes when she had the chance. Hm... now where have I seen this before?

She's Jormag 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    She's a shameless ripoff. MMO plot about a horned beastman who summons an ancient light-blue storm dragon with prominent teeth/tusks, who rants to the heroes trying to make herself out to be misunderstood/innocent in a contralto voice. Also acts like a total idiot, not killing the heroes when she had the chance. Hm... now where have I seen this before?

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/INXRRdC.gif[MG]
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/DpWQT7B.gif[IMG]

She's Jormag 2.0.
    So you haven't played the expansion yet, have you.

The only time she talks about being "misunderstood" is to Wrathion. And it's not even that, she's just straight up saying the aspects lied.

You're stretching hard on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    I'm not saying she's weak and I am enjoying the expansion but this is just a weird post with a weirder signature.
    It is strange. If I were to estimate, just given what we've been told, it'd be something like

Theoretical Corrupted Azeroth > Sargeras > Void Lords > Y'Shaarj > Agrammar & Argus (In their Legion states, not as actual, full Titans operating outside of the parameters of an avatar) > Jailer (Note that power =/= good writing. Also note this is more based on what is told than shown, in which case he'd be significantly lower) > Yogg-Saron/C'Thun (Assuming fully-powered) > N'Zoth > Kil'Jaeden & Archimonde > Azshara > Deathwing (circa Cataclysm, accounting for the substantial power-up he received, as opposed to his pre-Cataclysm state where he was losing against Raszageth) > Galakrond > Iridkron (Presumably?) > Raszageth & Other Primal Incarnates > Arthas > Denathrius > Lei Shen > Elisande

I definitely don't see how, on the original figure, Denathrius poses a more substantial threat than Kil'Jaeden or Archimonde, an Elven dictator with decent chronomancy tops Deathwing, who nearly brought about the apocalypse, how Arthas, a powerful but still-grounded villian, tops Agrammar, an actual Titan, or how we're supposed to believe that Azshara, who has explicitly been described as roughly as sliiiightly below Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde could be more powerful than Argus, again a Titan. Any confusion over the Jailer or Denathrius is understandable, though, since their power level was all over the place and Blizzard couldn't seem to decide what their deal was.

Now, if this were a ranking of how good each villain was from a narrative perspective, then it would be a different matter. Either way, I think I remember this guy also suggesting that G'Huun was one of the biggest threats as soon as BfA came out (the poster had also had the villain power ranking signature insofar as I recall), so this seems not atypical. Didn't outright simp for him, though. I think every time a new expansion comes out, this particular poster asks where the villains this time rank on some kind of power scale, hypes them up for their power (and usually little else), then just kind of arbitrarily places them entirely randomly on said scale.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-12-05 at 12:34 AM.

I just can't take her seriously. Those tiny, stubby little arms are just so hilarious and cute. Sorry, but I won't ever be able to see some dragon with those things as a threat.

Are you completely serious? Multiple people in this thread have proven you wrong. Also the power level you have in your text is not properly put.

Yeah no, it's another boring and meaningless villain with crappy a crappy main objective : LET'S CLEAN THIS WORLD FROM THE TITAN'S CORRUPTION.

ps : you leave on a titan, you dipshit dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    that list is just is obvious trolling,the jailer* was clearly stated to be sargeras levels,in fact he could proly even be stronger due to the domination thing,lk above agrammar?or deathwing? lol

i get that old neltharion may have had issues in dealing with those storm dragons,but the deathwing we faced in wow was a very different beast,he would have anihilated raszageth
    man I'd like to see Norzdumo send her back to fight DeathChin and nope the fuck home, like if you need a counterpoint to her anti-titan crusade its deathchin and him literally bursting at the seams with elemental energy and old god corruption

7+ Year Old Account
    She will be forgotten after dragonflight by the players and devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Yeah no, it's another boring and meaningless villain with crappy a crappy main objective : LET'S CLEAN THIS WORLD FROM THE TITAN'S CORRUPTION.

ps : you leave on a titan, you dipshit dragon.
    they don't know that and they're certainly not going to stand around listening to us tell her that

Power - Easily one of the strongest villains we ever faced only behind Sargeras and N'zoth.
    It's all cool factor - a cartoon level villain not that it's bad - WoW doesn't really work with Joker level villains.

Duck is a bird...

Power - WoW power levels are like DBZ also you comparing it to Sargeras and Nzoth at the same time makes no sense - they are incomparable on the power level - Sargeras can literally slice a world in half and Nzoth is weakest of parasites. One of them got ripped out of the world by a titan.

Either you are too excited or trolling.

She monologues a lot and has let their victims escape more than once. But that's a villian cliché so I will say she's cool so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see Raszageth in a boxing match with any of the Aspects. She won't be so powerful then.