Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

If we are having all classes for all races in the future

I know a lot of people don't want that without lore for it, but not only that, if we get every class for every race, our races would just become a skin, something that doesn't matter, but, what if we could have our racial identity while having all the classes for everyone.

Racial Talent Trees
    This is what I would love to have if they give us all clases, but not like some might think, it wouldn't be purely cosmetic, or just a few points to make our racial stronger, we would also have new mechanics, that would change between races, here are my ideas for every race(allied races included)

Alliance:
    Base races:
    Human: Would have paths of every kingdom that isn't playable as other race, so it would have Alterac, Dalaran, Lordaeron, Stromgarde and Stormwind, every knigdom would have a different trait, and in the end of the talent tree the final talents would be the same for everyone, the ability to use ground mounts on instances and make them faster, and the mounted combat ability, so every human with his talent tree at max would be able to fight in his mount, taking benefits from it.
    Dwarf: Would have two paths, one going more on the aspects of the ironforge dwarves with the benefit of upgrade armor sets and the wildhammer dwarves, that would have the capability of flying on instancecs and flying mounted combat.
    Gnome: Would have three paths, the first one, would have machines attached to the gnome's body making faster movements and having two extra robotic arms for more weapons, the other having a mech-suit that can place turrets, take a lot of damage and fly(can be used in and out of combat) and the third path would have a energy storage system, so you would have a lot more of mana, energy, rage, runic power, focus and other resources of that style (double of the base to be exact), your resources would regen faster and some like combo points and rage would maintain between combats.
    Night Elf: Would have four paths, a warden path, you would be able to use warglaives and would gain warden abilities, like the warglaive bounce, the second would be a priest of the moon path were you would be able to use bow with every class and would gain elune based power, a keeper of the grove path were you recieve power of the wild gods and a highborne path were you gain arcane abilities and other things like that.
    Draenei: Would have one path that would be a mix between arcane and light, and allowing you to use hammers and be melee.
    Worgen: Would have only one path were you gain more feral abilities for the character.
    Allied races:
    Dark Iron: One path, power of ragnaros.
    Kul Tiran: Two paths, one that would make you be able to have a ship, you would be able to use the cannons for combat, and thanks to tidal magic you would be able to make it fly as if you were going on water, the other path would invoque water and would make you have advantage in combat moving really fast in the water, even faster than a druid in swim form, and with abilities to make the water go for your enemy.
    Lightforged: One path, totally focused on light and naaru power.
    Mechagnome: Two paths, one that would be centered around lasers and other centered in war machines, like tanks and mega turrets.
    Void Elf: One path focused on void magic.

Horde
    Base races:
    Orc: One path completely centered in melee combat using fury and the demonic curse they once had at their favor, making a lot of critical damage
    Tauren: One path focused on the Earh Mother, having shamanic like powers
    Darkspear: Three paths, one for the power of Bwonsamdi, other for Hir'eek and other for Akunda
    Undead: Three paths, one path to make you a banshee like undead, other to make you a dark ranger, and other to become an Apothecary using pests similar to the original blight.
    Blood Elve: Two paths, one for the sunwell holy and natural power(caster) and other for the sunwell arcane power(melee).
    Goblin: Three paths, one for explosives, other for the goblin mech suit and other for the zapper.
    Allied races:
    Highmountain: Four paths, one for each tribe, Highmountain, Rivermane, Skyhorn and Bloodtotem.
    Mag'har: One path, more savage path than normal orcs, but having the power to call on to their ancestors.
    Nightborne: One path, completely focused on arcane power.
    Vulpera: One path, they would be survivors, scouts, with a lot of abilities of that type.
    Zandalari: Three paths, one for Rezan, other for Akali and other for Sserathus.

Pandaren: Four paths, one for each august celestial, the first one, yu'lon would give you abilities based on strategy combat, and agility, the second one would be chi-ji, would give you more chi abilities, giving you some self healing abilities and some effects to do more damage, the third path would be for Niuzao, you would get defensives and abilities to help you survive while leveling, the fourth and final path would be for xuen, and would give your abilities more attack power and more feral like combat for your pandaren.

All the racial talent tree have something in common, they would change your playstyle completely, for example, if you play a dark ranger or a priest of the moon, all your offensive abilities become different arrow types, for example a shadowbolt, would become a shadow arrow, or a shadow word, pain would become a shadow arrow: pain, also it would have different types of damage, a shadow arrow would have arcane and holy damage added if you play a priest of elune, but if you play a dark ranger, it would do more shadow damage.
    What do you think of this?
    Last edited by DracoTH; 2022-11-11 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Gnome druids would be a reason for me to sub for one month. Just to level it.
    And think about the gnome druid with a mechanic magic storage backpack that lets you have more mana storing wild power it would be amazing

Yea, I don't care, just give me more druid races.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoTH View Post
    if we get every class for every race, our races would just become a skin, something that doesn't matter
    1. not if, WHEN, they already said its planned
    2. whats wrong with race being nothing but "cosmetic"? tbh, it mostly already is that for years...

Blood Elve: Two paths, one for the sunwell holy and natural power(caster) and other for the sunwell arcane power(melee).
    Slightly confused with this.

Sunwell Arcane Power would be a direct impact on the Blood Elf Mages and Warlocks wouldn't it?
    The "Holy Power" is essentially where the Blood Knights come in.

Taurens with Totem Pole weapon specialization as a racial talent would make my day. I might actually roll one if they actually do this.

Make it a specialization for Warriors, Shamans, Paladins and DKs. Maaaybe for Surv Hunters and Brewmaster Monk.

I know a lot of people don't want that without lore for it, but not only that, if we get every class for every race, our races would just become a skin, something that doesn't matter, but, what if we could have our racial identity while having all the classes for everyone.
    That has always been true though. Apart from the looks and racial, one race/class combo is just as effective as another.

A gnome warrior can tank as well as a tauren warrior for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Slightly confused with this.

Sunwell Arcane Power would be a direct impact on the Blood Elf Mages and Warlocks wouldn't it?
    The "Holy Power" is essentially where the Blood Knights come in.
    One would make their spells arrows making them become rangers and giving them holy and nature damage the other would center arouns using the arcane power of the sunwell to make rune blades like felomelorne making you a melee máster of runic blades

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    That has always been true though. Apart from the looks and racial, one race/class combo is just as effective as another.

A gnome warrior can tank as well as a tauren warrior for example.
    I know but some other classes would need class skins or somehing like that, with this idea I think it would be perfect if instead of just changing the visual effects we get a total overhaul for the raíces making each path you take in the racial talent tree change the gameplay
    But playing a little with the numbers make it not affect directly in the dps thank or heal your character has

Races should be cosmetic.
    I pick my race purely for cosmetic reasons, not for power reasons or gameplay reasons.
    The BEST a race can get is niche QoL stuff to make them unique, but imo every offensive racial should be removed.

One idea i had for racials that should be easy to implement that wont make things too OP is bringing back weapon specialization but instead of making it a buff if you have the weapon make it so that you can equip that weapon type no matter what and it will always give your primary stat.
    For example orcs have axe specialization, they can equip axes no matter what class (priests and warlocks even) and the weapon will always offer their primary stat (orc warlocks can use 2h axes as int weapons)
    Humans have swords, dwarves maces, trolls polearms, pandaren fist weapons etc etc.

That would add racial flavor and give them some big QoL buffs without really affecting power.

3+ Year Old Account
    Darkspear: Three paths, one for the power of Bwonsamdi, other for Hir'eek and other for Akunda
    Zandalari: Three paths, one for Rezan, other for Akali and other for Sserathus.
    Um....
    Zandalari worship at least six Loa (including Bwonsamdi), look at their Racials. I think having a sort of 'Collect a blessing' thing like how unlocking Soulshapes would be better. I don't think having Akali and Sserathus in there works either.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Races should be cosmetic.
    I pick my race purely for cosmetic reasons, not for power reasons or gameplay reasons.
    The BEST a race can get is niche QoL stuff to make them unique, but imo every offensive racial should be removed.

One idea i had for racials that should be easy to implement that wont make things too OP is bringing back weapon specialization but instead of making it a buff if you have the weapon make it so that you can equip that weapon type no matter what and it will always give your primary stat.
    For example orcs have axe specialization, they can equip axes no matter what class (priests and warlocks even) and the weapon will always offer their primary stat (orc warlocks can use 2h axes as int weapons)
    Humans have swords, dwarves maces, trolls polearms, pandaren fist weapons etc etc.

That would add racial flavor and give them some big QoL buffs without really affecting power.
    My idea is change gameplay but not the power, so every race will get it's own benefit to keep up with the others, the difference should be minimal, I know that the people that is really competitive would pick a race just for the 2% of advantage they could get, but not everyone would be the same, and there's a problem with your idea, gnome and goblins for example, don't have a characteristic weapon to use, they are ingeniers that use turrets and mechsuits, so it wouldn't work for them, and even with that, both gnome and goblin technologies have their differences, goblin being more explosive like and gnome using more steam powered machines, others like undead, don't really have a weapon for them, and this talent trees would give you a lot of space to change not only your weapon but how you play, maybe you like a blood elf warlock that uses rune blades, or a gnome warlock with fel turrets and a mechsuit, or an undead warlock dark ranger or apothecary, the same class different play style, almost same damage and if they don't have the same 1% damage they get other things, a gnome controlling the place with turrets, a blood elf having especial buffs, or an undead getting more minions with the abilities of apothecary and dark ranger. This is something I would like to see implemented and would get a lot more racial flavor, and would also represent the culture and differences of each race

my Gnome Druid and Paladin are waiting to be born...

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Taurens with Totem Pole weapon specialization as a racial talent would make my day. I might actually roll one if they actually do this.

Make it a specialization for Warriors, Shamans, Paladins and DKs. Maaaybe for Surv Hunters and Brewmaster Monk.
    I think it could work as an adition to the tauren talent tree, I'm still thinking about some races, I only have clear ideas for humans, nelfs, undead, gnomes, dwarves, goblins and Kul tiran, so it could work really good maybe with some abilities to make a better stomp, instead of using the leg, the tauren would smash the totem pole

Also no need for it to be a specialization for only them my idea is to make some abilities to make melee's as ranged and casters as melee's, and obviusly be able to keep them as they are but with more abilities if you wanted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Um....
    Zandalari worship at least six Loa (including Bwonsamdi), look at their Racials. I think having a sort of 'Collect a blessing' thing like how unlocking Soulshapes would be better. I don't think having Akali and Sserathus in there works either.
    I don't know much about the zandalari or troll loas in general, thanks for the ideas, could you gat me some information on the other loas they workship? zandalari having six paths could work really well, and for the darkspear too, it would help a lot to get my ideas more organized and start developing how the talents would go

Again. I don't understand, why lore have to be so one-sided. Why should lore only forbid certain race-class combinations, if it would be much more interesting to have exiles, who use forbidden knowledge? Like Grimtotems being rogues for example.

Yeah, I understand, that Wow is 12+ game, but it's lore has always been way too childish. It's shallow. It doesn't have depth. It doesn't have things like moral choices. We are mercenaries. We just do, what we're told to do. And we don't even ask, why we should do it. Because Wow has "black and white" moral. You're told, what is good and everything else is obviously bad. It's childish. Only kids believe, that there are heroes, that are absolutely good and villians, who are absolutely bad. Nothing is between.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    my Gnome Druid and Paladin are waiting to be born...
    im so curious what gnome paladin mount will be, holy mechastrider seems kinda weird, i hope theyll think of something different
    also, druid forms for gnomes (among other races such as undead and drenei) could be interesting

Don't really like this. Race sould be mostly a cosmetic choice.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Again. I don't understand, why lore have to be so one-sided. Why should lore only forbid certain race-class combinations, if it would be much more interesting to have exiles, who use forbidden knowledge? Like Grimtotems being rogues for example.
    Lore has always been something that matters in wow some races wouldn't be some classes because of their history but with this we can have everything for everyone you wanna be a warlock lightforged be one your spells will be holy and appart of the fire and shadow damage you would also do holy damage your demons will be infused with the light and you'll be melee instado of caster making your demonbolt a demonstrike for example
    I think it works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Don't really like this. Race sould be mostly a cosmetic choice.
    I like racial culture if I'm a gnome it's because of their history in gnomeregan if I'm an undead it's because i was in Lordaeron when the blight came
    These wouldn't make you do more damage than others they would just change your playstyle and make you have more things that represent your race a espectral banshee form for the undead a mechsuit for gnomes

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    In part because of racial cultural taboos. As an example, any race that holds the concept of "honor" as preeminent in ideology isn't going to even consider any class that goes against that.

"Culture" is just another thing that the writers never bothered with. And I see that as an immense loss since there's "work-arounds" that can be played with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    im so curious what gnome paladin mount will be, holy mechastrider seems kinda weird, i hope theyll think of something different
    also, druid forms for gnomes (among other races such as undead and drenei) could be interesting
    We have Light-powered mechs already, why not adapt the design to a mechastrider?

10+ Year Old Account
    I demand to play as a Tauren Demon Hunter
    A very cool signature text.