Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    The “I will let you live because” it’s of course a cliche caveat, but if only half of the WoW villains would have killed foes the first time they had a chance, there would not even be an Azeroth anymore nowadays.
    Then maybe writers should write another scenario that does not include a Villain having their enemies driven before them and still leave instead of finishing the job
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Flat no.

People remember villains who have lasted multiple expansions and have had an impact on the story. Unless she's got a tale to tell in 11.0, no one will remember or care about her in a few months.
    ...what villians that lasted multiple expansion?

Onyxia and Nef? The whole "Oh Deathwing brought them back!"
    Rag? Oh you didn't ACTUALLY KILL HIM
    Kel'Thuzad and the entirety of Naxx? oh you didn't ACTUALLY kill them
    Kael'Thas: Mearly a setback!
    Vashj:the second time we see her she's dead and on our side
    Illidan: Oh he's a good guy now! NOSTALGIA!
    Kil'Jaden: You didn't ACTUALLY klll him (but you already knew that!)
    Lich King (Since I guess we are counting his voice line in Vanilla and WC3 as an expansion now): Now you get to killz him FOR REALZ
    Deathwing: Oh you didn't ACTUALLY kill him in Warcraft 2!
    Garrosh Hellscream: You just waited an expansion to have Thrall kill him in a cutscene then he's a big sad and isn't a shaman anymore!
    Kagarth/Cho'Gall/Ner'zuhl/Gul'Dan: Oh..alternate time so you didn't kill THIS one but he's cool now we promise!
    Gelbin Mechatorque/Jaina Proudmoore: You didn't ACTUALLY KILL HIM/HER
    Il'gynoth: oh you didn't ACTUALLY kill him correctly!
    Kel'Thuzad/Ner'zhul: oh they are dead now...so you gotta murder them in dead world now!
    S******is: I know better than to say the S word here
    Azshara: oh she's gonna be super sneky and gonna pop back up ANYMINUTE NOW!
    Magatha: oh she's gonna do super bad stuff one day....one day...Hey remember when she was a morally gray partner in the shaman Questline oh man that was cool!
    Xal'atoh: Oh man she has a body now and some day she gonna do something..she gonna be super sneky! Remember when she was your weapon as a shadow priest that was neat right!
    Murozond: oh man you killed him in that one alternate time line and he's gonna come back for realizes soon!

She just looks like an angry bird with the same old bad guy cliché's, I already lost all interest when she lets Wrathion and Alexstrasza live. At least she's not as bad as the Jailer but she should be compared to Denathrius for being the final raid boss in the first tier, who is ofcourse leagues ahead to the point that the writers had to keep him alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I love Dragonflight so far but that moment she let's Alexstrasza and Wrathion live, to let them see the destruction, was Scooby-Doo levels of ridiculous. After the raid when we beat her, we will pull off her mask and see that it was the Janitor all along. And he would've gone away with it if it wasn't for us, pesky kids.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    She just looks like an angry bird with the same old bad guy cliché's, I already lost all interest when she lets Wrathion and Alexstrasza live. At least she's not as bad as the Jailer but she should be compared to Denathrius for being the final raid boss in the first tier, who is ofcourse leagues ahead to the point that the writers had to keep him alive.
    She's an evil character. She's also probably been driven mad by thousands of years of imprisonment. Evil characters often love to torture and make their enemies suffer. It's one of the things that makes them evil. Real history is full of people who keep their victims alive longer than they have to just to watch them suffer.

From her perspective she was wrongly imprisoned by her kin after they were corrupted by the Titans (invading aliens) her kin then used the power of the old gods against her for refusing to let her mind and body be altered by the Titans. She awakens after 20,000 years in prison to find her home infested with all sorts of hoard and alliance weirdos. She's a pissed off force of nature Hellbent on vengeance, not some general trying to win a military campaign.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think OP is wrong as well.

She seems very generic so far... also I wont kill you cus? Muhaha kill you next time. I mean really.?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Then maybe writers should write another scenario that does not include a Villain having their enemies driven before them and still leave instead of finishing the job
    To cite Blizzard in a side way, most of times “villains think they are smart but they aren’t”.

It’s not unusual that due to their condition villains like to see enemies suffer before killing them. Their suffering is often way more satisfying for them than the kill itself. In this sense having been the dragon trapped all these thousands years, I can somehow understand his/her will to see enemies despair without nothing they can do instead of a quick kill.

Of course whoever of us with a working brain would not have spared at least Alextrasza, but foes rarely do always the smartest thing, that’s why they eventually die.

The story is meh so far. Can't wait for next tier with Murozond

I hope she has a visage form, and it's dope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...what villians that lasted multiple expansion?

Onyxia and Nef? The whole "Oh Deathwing brought them back!"
    Rag? Oh you didn't ACTUALLY KILL HIM
    Kel'Thuzad and the entirety of Naxx? oh you didn't ACTUALLY kill them
    Kael'Thas: Mearly a setback!
    Vashj:the second time we see her she's dead and on our side
    Illidan: Oh he's a good guy now! NOSTALGIA!
    Kil'Jaden: You didn't ACTUALLY klll him (but you already knew that!)
    Lich King (Since I guess we are counting his voice line in Vanilla and WC3 as an expansion now): Now you get to killz him FOR REALZ
    Deathwing: Oh you didn't ACTUALLY kill him in Warcraft 2!
    Garrosh Hellscream: You just waited an expansion to have Thrall kill him in a cutscene then he's a big sad and isn't a shaman anymore!
    Kagarth/Cho'Gall/Ner'zuhl/Gul'Dan: Oh..alternate time so you didn't kill THIS one but he's cool now we promise!
    Gelbin Mechatorque/Jaina Proudmoore: You didn't ACTUALLY KILL HIM/HER
    Il'gynoth: oh you didn't ACTUALLY kill him correctly!
    Kel'Thuzad/Ner'zhul: oh they are dead now...so you gotta murder them in dead world now!
    S******is: I know better than to say the S word here
    Azshara: oh she's gonna be super sneky and gonna pop back up ANYMINUTE NOW!
    Magatha: oh she's gonna do super bad stuff one day....one day...Hey remember when she was a morally gray partner in the shaman Questline oh man that was cool!
    Xal'atoh: Oh man she has a body now and some day she gonna do something..she gonna be super sneky! Remember when she was your weapon as a shadow priest that was neat right!
    Murozond: oh man you killed him in that one alternate time line and he's gonna come back for realizes soon!
    The point mostly is that much of that list are very known notables that were grown for many years and some are even before WoW existed.

This is what current WoW lacks, it keeps spawning these no-names poster villains from the thin air instead of seeding them and letting them grow.

Want to know what a good villain would be? Xal'atath - because if she'd appear on those trailers, then we'd be "oh shi 'ere we go bois" - because she already had an interesting backstory from several expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    You guys are downplaying Raszageth the storm queen. Her lightning bolt is extremely overpowered. It wouldn't had mattered whether Alex/Kal was a aspect or not since a aspect Deathwing with his entire Elite army had no chance against her. Cata Deathwing still got temporarily beat by Alex and is just hard to kill but we know the dragon soul/murloc soul isn't needed to kill Deathwing/Murdeathwing. Getting swarmed does the trick, getting man handled and impaled does the trick, and many more. Raszageth's lightning bolt would shock his life away.

Against the Jailor and Argus. It all depends on who strikes first. Would the Jailor dominate her first? Would Argus soul reap her first? And the answer is no because Raszageth's one shot lightning bolt would get them first being a much longer range attack. It's not a breath attack where she needs to get close. The lightning bolt can be used from vast distances and it's one shot. Her wind ball is also one shot but is a weaker version of her trademark lightning bolt.

Elisande is actually overpowered with her time stop wave since even the sorcerer king Khadgar got no answer against it. Only time based beings like the Bronze, Infinite, Aman'thul, and the old gods could bypass it. However Raszageth's lightning bolt covers vast distance and would strike Elisande down before her time stopping wave reaches her. Again giving the win to the queen of storm.

N'zoth is the only boss we fought that could beat Raszageth and survive the lightning bolt because even if you bypass N'zoth maddness effect. He's still too durable and requires a huge amount of raw Azeroth energy to pierce his body.

It's safe to say she's a cut above the rest.

Galakrond infused with elementals > Yshaarj > Primate Incarnate > Raszageth > Chromatus > Azshara > Night Warrior Tyrande > Jailor > Argus > Lich King > Aggrammar's Avatar > Kiljaeden > Archimonde > Broken Avatar of Sargeras >Elisande > Corrupt Garrosh > Murdeathwing/Deathwing > Thunder King> Illidan
    You seem to be missing some things here, at least from my understanding. Deathwing empowered himself with the Old God's power to fight Galakrond. Raszageth isn't on nearly the same level as Galakrond, which isn't to say she isn't serious business. I don't think Raszageth would hold a touch against Alexstraza if she was still an aspect, but that's me guessing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just the fact she comes after Mr. "I'm Ending The World So A Bigger Evil Doesn't End The World" Zovaal. And the Void. And Sargeras. Really just every cosmic power it seems has that same goal.

But I think she's downright refreshing. A villain that is intimidating, but lower in power, with motives we can properly understand and don't require you to read 3 novels, play Warcraft 3, and also "just trust the process."

I'll take this fairly bland ripoff of every other MMO's dragon villain over what WoW had been doing for the last 6 years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

She doesn’t strike me as all that to be honest.

She was about to kill big red but was then chased off by a much smaller and less powerful aspect wannabe. By that measure had the other three been there as well the expansion would have been over.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Raszageth is a proto-dragon empowered by the Elemental force of lightning, subset of air in WoW's elements system. Deathwing had Al'Akir, the Elemental Lord of Air (the weakest of them all), serve under him as a mere lieutenant. And effortlessly summoned the Elemental Lord of Fire by puking him out, when the last time he was summoned half a subcontinent went up in flames. But sure, Raszageth is totally more powerful than him, let alone Argus, Jailor or Aggramar.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2022-12-06 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deathwing eats her for breakfast.

Mary Sue dragon, not powerful or interesting, deathwing would crush her