Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
  1. #301
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    25,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The short beta cycle was a telling sign that this isn't going to go well.
    Short beta cycle? the fuck you on about "short"

  2. #302
    The music has been absolutely fantastic with the Ohn'ahran Plains soundtrack being my personal favorite along with Azure Span being very close behind it. The different nooks in each zone helps build a decent amount of life to them aswell ( my favorite quests / small narratives have been from off shoot quests ). Perhaps they are wanting either a different game or expecting the moon and the stars? but compared to most triple A games this expansion has been a pleasant surprise atleast in the narrative and world building.

  3. #303
    The campaign is locked behind renown, wich is perfectly ok.
    We havent had this little timegate in forever. Just enjoy.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This was by far and away the worst leveling expansion of all time for me, in terms of how (not) interesting it was. The only saving grace is that it was also very quick. The main campaign was tolerable I guess, even interesting at a couple points, but the side quests were atrocious.
    For me this was the best leveling experience since MoP.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    The campaign is locked behind renown, wich is perfectly ok.
    We havent had this little timegate in forever. Just enjoy.
    No, this is basically the worst part of renown. It's absolutely not "perfectly ok" to lock the main story behind a reputation grind which requires doing chores each and every day unless you just want to see the story unfold half a year later.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    For me this was the best leveling experience since MoP.
    Yep, really good leveling phase. Better than BfA and Shadowlands, that's for sure.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    This is a fact. I don't care if you like it or not. It's a fact, it's not an opinion. If you still think this is just my opinion then I am afraid you will never figure out the difference between facts and opinions no matter how many times you look up the dictionary definition. I am not here to educate you. I am not explaining this shit again.
    First of all, you're wrong in the underlying assumption that "amount of work" is a function of a pure number of options. That's false. You have no clue what amount of work went into both of those system, how many iterations they had to go through, and how much of work had to be scrapped for variety of reasons. The fact that you think otherwise is a clear indication that you've never done any creative work and don't understand how much of work is actually never used in any shape or form.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    First of all, you're wrong in the underlying assumption that "amount of work" is a function of a pure number of options. That's false. You have no clue what amount of work went into both of those system, how many iterations they had to go through, and how much of work had to be scrapped for variety of reasons. The fact that you think otherwise is a clear indication that you've never done any creative work and don't understand how much of work is actually never used in any shape or form.
    So let me put it this way - I don't care. I am a customer. What I care about is how good the product is. I compare azerite gear to artifact weapons and it clearly sucks and has way more issues than artifact weapons. They admit I am right and admit that they didn't spend enough time polishing it(and they didn't even offer me a discount!). That's all I care about.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    So let me put it this way - I don't care. I am a customer. What I care about is how good the product is. I compare azerite gear to artifact weapons and it clearly sucks and has way more issues than artifact weapons. They admit I am right and admit that they didn't spend enough time polishing it(and they didn't even offer me a discount!). That's all I care about.
    Do you even understand when a product qualifies for a discount...? No, clearly you don't. Stupid question.
    If you don't enjoy a product, you can invoke your consumer rights and ask for a reimbursement. If you qualify for it, you will get it (Blizzard is known for great customer support in that regard). Anything else you need help with?

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    For me this was the best leveling experience since MoP.
    MoP was probably my next least favorite ever after DF. BfA Horde side sucked too.

  10. #310
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Exactly what it is. It's not a bad thing - it can't be as WOTLK is still a thing today.

    So, why do we complain about something very similar to WOTLK? I think the answer is boredom and burnout.
    I agree, I am quite burned out from retail since SL release. I cant take this crap they do anymore. I watched how Blizzard slowly killing my loved game and even DF could be good, I will not try it out. Just gave up on retail, I gave up on WoW with wotlk exception, probably until end of Ulduar.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    The campaign is locked behind renown, wich is perfectly ok.
    We havent had this little timegate in forever. Just enjoy.
    No it isn't. having to do a ton of nonsese just to further the story is terrible. This makes the one week timegate look even better.

  12. #312
    Having to farm Valdrakken rep in order to continue the campaign is just another wow TimeGate, Fuck ION! I'm not farming keys in Dragonbane and the limited rep you get per week is appalling. Blizz doesn't care about your time, they only care about the breadcrumbs they leave that keep people subbed.

  13. #313
    Wait there is more campaign stuff behind the reps? Seriously?

    That's just retarded, no wonder people have "nothing to do" if you lock stuff behind timewasters.
    And it's not like they're notably generous with the rep stuff either.
    Somebody should tell them that putting stuff in a locked container is the same as giving people literally nothing if acquiring the key is too tedious.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Wait there is more campaign stuff behind the reps? Seriously?

    That's just retarded, no wonder people have "nothing to do" if you lock stuff behind timewasters.
    And it's not like they're notably generous with the rep stuff either.
    Somebody should tell them that putting stuff in a locked container is the same as giving people literally nothing if acquiring the key is too tedious.
    Sounds like Blizz listened to all the MoP worshippers who forgot how awful the endless dailies were.

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Do you even understand when a product qualifies for a discount...? No, clearly you don't. Stupid question.
    If you don't enjoy a product, you can invoke your consumer rights and ask for a reimbursement. If you qualify for it, you will get it (Blizzard is known for great customer support in that regard). Anything else you need help with?
    You realise that discounts are not arbitrary either, right?
    When a product fails and no discount is given losees may be incurred. While this is a larger scale process meaning that it's rarely useful for people to get personal about it regarding themselves or others, the principle he expressed is not entirely incorrect; one might expect a poorly performing product to end up discounted for good reason.

    Demanding it is a different thing of course, but it's no less pointless than not offering a discount and eating greater losses as a result.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  16. #316
    The visual hike and dragon flying alone have monsterously more production in them than anything in BFA or SL. You'd have to be a literal fool to not pick up on that instantly.

    Bizzare place to be over campaign quests, which were across the board terriblein Shadowlands. Shit at least they animate the ones in DF a touch Warcraft 3 quality unlike the past several expansions

    God, Shadowlands was the biggest pile of pig shit I think I've ever played and I used to have a weird obsession with early Funcom games.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    You realise that discounts are not arbitrary either, right?
    Yes, I'm perfectly aware of that. And are you aware of the context of this conversation...? Basically, the guy argued he should be given a discount, because "azerite gear is bad compared to artifact weapons and it clearly sucks". Good luck trying to prove that WoW fails as a product, because "azerite gear is bad". Hence my question if he understands when a product qualifies for a discount.

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Sounds like Blizz listened to all the MoP worshippers who forgot how awful the endless dailies were.
    Some times I wish they could just listen a bit less to the vocal minority and just see how it is from sheer numbers they work with. Now the amount of active players drop more(fact check; my feelings) every time they implement something that was from "listening to the community"
    https://www.youtube.com/@DoffenWatch
    Overwatch 2 stuff. And some WoW stuff. Soon™

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •