Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    It's been a long time and I could be wrong but weren't Azerite traits the same?
    Yes and no. Some were, others weren't. Artifacts were a pretty weapon attached to what most could - and did by expansion's end - conclude was a flawed system. Just goes to show how a little pizzazz will really paper over a lot of problems in people's heads, to the point where they spend hours defending it years after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Yes and no. Some were, others weren't. Artifacts were a pretty weapon attached to what most could - and did by expansion's end - conclude was a flawed system. Just goes to show how a little pizzazz will really paper over a lot of problems in people's heads, to the point where they spend hours defending it years after the fact.
    I see what you did there! :P

Artifacts sure were beautiful. But I am definitely glad not to still be using the same weapons 3 expansions later. I think losing the artifacts didn't feel too bad as a borrowed power issue, I think the fact we went into borrowed power 3 expansions in a row is what felt bad to me.

All that aside, there's plenty for ME to do in Dragonflight and I feel like the production value is very high. The zones are enormous and beautiful. Talents are spectacular. Leveling is fun. Dragonriding is amazeballs. Dungeons seem good so far.

I can't keep up with everything there is to do with my play time and I'm having fun. Good value in my book.

We knew the Earth is round before we built the first space rocket.
    yes, bcs we had mathematical evidence, not bcs some random nobody with massive ego issues said "i said so, hence its FACT"...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-12-08 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone decided to not choose one hill to die on but an entire mountain range

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yes, bcs we had mathematical evidence, not bcs some random nobody with massive ego issues said "i said so, hence its FACT"...
    I showed you an interview where Ion admits they didn't test azerite gear enough. I showed you how long each alpha cycle lasted. There is no "I said so" but at this point if you don't think azerite gear was a massive failure because it was rushed then I am not sure any amount of mathematical evidence could convince you.

I showed you an interview where Ion admits they didn't test azerite gear enough. I showed you how long each alpha cycle lasted. There is no "I said so" but at this point if you don't think azerite gear was a massive failure because it was rushed then I am not sure any amount of mathematical evidence could convince you.
    You're making a false assumption that less alpha time equals less development time. It could be that they spent so much time developing Azerite that they ran low on time to test it. It could be that they just didn't think about it so they didn't spend much time on it and didn't test it very much. We don't know which of those it is.

Also, the position that "azerite gear was a massive failure" is another opinion. I don't think it was a failure, necessarily. I just think it was largely boring. But a failure? That's a pretty nebulous concept.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    reptuation
    pets
    mounts
    toys
    gold
    resources
    acheivements
    fun
    None of is relevant, only player power is.
    Starting next week the outdoor activities will plummet to the ground. Literally nobody is farming wrathion, Super Rares or Grand Hunts for Transmog right now

very little evidence would be enough, but you provided NONE, you provided your opinions and some data that were barely related to them, let alone prove any of them...

im not sure if you are incapable of admiting it or of realising it, but as it was said about milion times before by many people in this thread: your OPINION is not FACT, sooner you realise that better for you, and i dont mean here, i mean in real life, bcs this self-centered attitude can and will land you deep in shit sooner or later...

Thirtyrock said it well

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    You're making a false assumption that less alpha time equals less development time. It could be that they spent so much time developing Azerite that they ran low on time to test it. It could be that they just didn't think about it so they didn't spend much time on it and didn't test it very much. We don't know which of those it is.

Also, the position that "azerite gear was a massive failure" is another opinion. I don't think it was a failure, necessarily. I just think it was largely boring. But a failure? That's a pretty nebulous concept.
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-12-09 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    very little evidence would be enough, but you provided NONE, you provided your opinions and some data that were barely related to them, let alone prove any of them...

im not sure if you are incapable of admiting it or of realising it, but as it was said about milion times before by many people in this thread: your OPINION is not FACT, sooner you realise that better for you, and i dont mean here, i mean in real life, bcs this self-centered attitude can and will land you deep in shit sooner or later...

Thirtyrock said it well
    The original argument was that Azerite gear is a shittier version of artifact weapons. When you have Ion himself talking about how the philosophy behind Azerite Gear was to give us a borrowed power feature similar to artifact weapons by fixing something they perceived as an issue with artifact weapons(something he admits players did not complain about) and then admitting that they failed to deliver and received a lot of negative feedback then you have a fact here - artifact weapons were better received by the playerbase than azerite gear. That's a Blizzard admission, it's not me making it up.

Then we go into why it was a shittier feature. He admits that they didn't spend enough time testing the feature. They spent less time and care on testing and polishing the feature than they did on artifacts. He admits they rushed it. That's a fact.

So is my statement that every Legion feature was made worse post-Legion because Blizzard did not put enough time and care into those features factually correct? Yes it is. Did I need to prove any of that? No, because anyone who has played during those expansions knows that azerite gear felt half-baked in comparison to artifact weapons. But some people would strawman the hell out of any arguemnt do defend a multi-billion dollar company's worst decisions.

Also, I couldn't give a flying shit about some random internet shitbag's opinion. You don't know me. Go touch some grass and put your brain cell to better use than foaming at your mouth defending a multi-billion dollar company's shit like a fucking imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Starting next week the outdoor activities will plummet to the ground. Literally nobody is farming wrathion, Super Rares or Grand Hunts for Transmog right now
    hahahahahaha
    thank you for this joke during the stressful holiday season
    quite the comedian you are.
    imagine thinking cosmetics and acheivements are not relevent and no one cares about them.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hahahahahaha
    thank you for this joke during the stressful holiday season
    quite the comedian you are.
    imagine thinking cosmetics and acheivements are not relevent and no one cares about them.
    We have seen in WoD and SL already that those things are not enough to keep people occupied and interested. Of course they do not have a value of 0, but they are nothing compared to power.

The original argument was that Azerite gear is a shittier version of artifact weapons. When you have Ion himself talking about how the philosophy behind Azerite Gear was to give us a borrowed power feature similar to artifact weapons by fixing something they perceived as an issue with artifact weapons(something he admits players did not complain about) and then admitting that they failed to deliver and received a lot of negative feedback then you have a fact here - artifact weapons were better received by the playerbase than azerite gear. That's a Blizzard admission, it's not me making it up.

Then we go into why it was a shittier feature. He admits that they didn't spend enough time testing the feature. They spent less time and care on testing and polishing the feature than they did on artifacts. He admits they rushed it. That's a fact.

So is my statement that every Legion feature was made worse post-Legion because Blizzard did not put enough time and care into those features factually correct? Yes it is. Did I need to prove any of that? No, because anyone who has played during those expansions knows that azerite gear felt half-baked in comparison to artifact weapons. But some people would strawman the hell out of any arguemnt do defend a multi-billion dollar company's worst decisions.

Also, I couldn't give a flying shit about some random internet shitbag's opinion. You don't know me. Go touch some grass and put your brain cell to better use than foaming at your mouth defending a multi-billion dollar company's shit like a fucking imbecile.
    Do you have a glass "In Case of Emergency Accuse of Being Blizzard Shill" box installed in your house? This is the second time you've done it after you failed to argue your way out of a well-constructed counter-argument. (This time with a few more baseless ad hominems thrown in for good measure.)

Despite your repeated claims contrary, it doesn't seem like you want anything other than for people to agree with your opinion that Legion is the best version of WoW that's ever existed and the fact that the current game is not Legion means that Blizzard is actively working against their playerbase. I'd really, really encourage you to watch Hirumaredx's video on negativity bias (specifically this part) I linked in my last reply to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Do you have a glass "In Case of Emergency Accuse of Being Blizzard Shill" box installed in your house? This is the second time you've done it after you failed to argue your way out of a well-constructed counter-argument. (This time with a few more baseless ad hominems thrown in for good measure.)

Despite your repeated claims contrary, it doesn't seem like you want anything other than for people to agree with your opinion that Legion is the best version of WoW that's ever existed and the fact that the current game is not Legion means that Blizzard is actively working against their playerbase. I'd really, really encourage you to watch Hirumaredx's video on negativity bias (specifically this part) I linked in my last reply to you.
    I like how, even in his most recent reply, he says "anyone who has played...felt half baked..." which is...an opinion

I'm farming the keys for the black scales...

The short beta cycle was a telling sign that this isn't going to go well.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have seen in WoD and SL already that those things are not enough to keep people occupied and interested. Of course they do not have a value of 0, but they are nothing compared to power.
    Its pointless these people want a fucking lobby game that offers nobody else any avenue for progression so they don't feel compelled to have to participate and then have the balls to call themselves casuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The short beta cycle was a telling sign that this isn't going to go well.
    Its pretty god damn clear they don't really have the same budget or resources that they had before. Its not even clear why they bother wasting time crafting a world. Just make fucking raids and dungeons. They can't possible lose that many more subscribers anyway. Why fucking bother with the pretense that the game is about anything else?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its pointless these people want a fucking lobby game that offers nobody else any avenue for progression so they don't feel compelled to have to participate and then have the balls to call themselves casuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty god damn clear they don't really have the same budget or resources that they had before. Its not even clear why they bother wasting time crafting a world. Just make fucking raids and dungeons. They can't possible lose that many more subscribers anyway. Why fucking bother with the pretense that the game is about anything else?
    Is ilv truly all that ever drove you?

Even as a raider first and foremost I've enjoyed these weeks of hunting rares, gathering, and questing. Let go of your mad greed and who knows you might actually start to enjoy yourself.

I have managed to get an alt to cap before raids that's something I've not managed even in the glory days. The world is vaste why not explore it a little? I've even stumbled across a few hidden cosmetic spell quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Is ilv truly all that ever drove you?
    Its so easy to be blase about this when you know that the content you like is fucking sacrosanct and will never be touched. Its fine yea the game isn't for me and unfortunately it isn't for alot of people and thats a direct result of the developers choices here. As poor as SL was i at least hit max level and invested time progressing my character both in and outside of the raid. I probably won't even hit max level to be honest. The game is just that poor right now.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2022-12-11 at 02:42 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its so easy to be blase about this when you know that the content you like is fucking sacrosanct and will never be touched. Its fine yea the game isn't for me and unfortunately it isn't for alot of people and thats a direct result of the developers choices here. As poor as SL was i at least hit max level and invested time progressing my character both in and outside of the raid. I probably won't even hit max level to be honest. The game is just that poor right now.
    That really baffles me to be honest I found leveling to be rather enjoyable this time with plots I actually found interesting. Don't get me wrong it's not lord of the rings or anything but it's all serviceable.

I legit don't know what it is you want beyond a bar to fill... they still have those if that is what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    That really baffles me to be honest I found leveling to be rather enjoyable this time with plots I actually found interesting. Don't get me wrong it's not lord of the rings or anything but it's all serviceable.

I legit don't know what it is you want beyond a bar to fill... they still have those if that is what you want?
    This was by far and away the worst leveling expansion of all time for me, in terms of how (not) interesting it was. The only saving grace is that it was also very quick. The main campaign was tolerable I guess, even interesting at a couple points, but the side quests were atrocious.