Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What happened to WQs scaling with Ilvl-rant

If WQs scale with Ilvl why am I seeing WQs with gear 50 Ilvl lower. I dont expect 390s, what would be a nice incentive is just not blue quality items. I want to do WQs and be able to d'e the gear for crystals. But its at that point where I look and say nope, gotta go farm daily rares instead. Would just love to see WQs be somewhat relevant after you have hit renown cap. I know its just a damn rant, but hate that WQs cant stay relevant.

And yes, I do the ones that give gold because they take 1 min to complete normally.

rant complete

Turns out Blizzard would prefer its players to actually engage with group content in their video game whose central focus is the social interaction it strongly encourages. Who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Turns out Blizzard would prefer its players to actually engage with group content in their video game whose central focus is the social interaction it strongly encourages. Who knew.
    And how do you know what Blizzard prefers it's players to do? How do you know what the game central focus is? YOu are not Lbizzaqrd so you cannot dictate that.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    And how do you know what Blizzard prefers it's players to do? How do you know what the game central focus is? YOu are not Lbizzaqrd so you cannot dictate that.
    Yep, you're right. How silly of me to assume the developers of a MMO would want players to interact with one another to achieve their goals.

All that will do is make me play less and sooner or later go unsub whats the point ext lol.

Kinda easy to see though. You log on and see what content gives the best rewards --> That's what Blizzard prefers it's players to do. @Relapses is completely right.

Quote Originally Posted by handoverfizt View Post
    If WQs scale with Ilvl why am I seeing WQs with gear 50 Ilvl lower. I dont expect 390s, what would be a nice incentive is just not blue quality items. I want to do WQs and be able to d'e the gear for crystals. But its at that point where I look and say nope, gotta go farm daily rares instead. Would just love to see WQs be somewhat relevant after you have hit renown cap. I know its just a damn rant, but hate that WQs cant stay relevant.

And yes, I do the ones that give gold because they take 1 min to complete normally.

rant complete
    What are you going on about. World quest gear rewards do scale. They go up to 369 for blues and mid 370s for epics, I believe. But they do, in fact, scale. You just don't get the max scaled reward from simply hitting level cap. They give an appropriate reward compared to your gear

Quote Originally Posted by handoverfizt View Post

rant complete
    There are some that offer epics. WQ's cap out around 372 which are still epics. WQ's scale like they did before and always awarded loot below what even LFR offers. Which in this case is 376. So business is as usual and if you aren't seeing those then increase your overall ilvl.

They said they want the world to scale up to heroic raid ilevel, that doesnt mean WQs. For example, the new events they are adding have additional rewards.

Has this ever been the case since Legion?

Yeah, BfA gave you powerful emissary gear but base rewards were trash. Shadowlands WQ rewards were garbage. So I wouldn't call this anything new.

World quests are like your chips that come with your meal they are nothing but filler to feel good in short spurts but largely never talked about like you would the burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Kinda easy to see though. You log on and see what content gives the best rewards --> That's what Blizzard prefers it's players to do. @Relapses is completely right.
    NO he is not. Rewards based on difficulty. Not based whether it is group or single player. The fact that they have all kinds of different content for single and group play shows Blizzard has no preference.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    NO he is not. Rewards based on difficulty. Not based whether it is group or single player.
    almost like the harder things require a group of players to achieve.... :thinking:

Putting up with the mindless zerg of LFR is the difficult content of LFR. Far more difficult then WQs.

It's far better to keep your mouth shut and let others think you a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Sun Tzu probably
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2023-01-22 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    almost like the harder things require a group of players to achieve.... :thinking:

Putting up with the mindless zerg of LFR is the difficult content of LFR. Far more difficult then WQs.

It's far better to keep your mouth shut and let others think you a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Sun Tzu probably
    You could also answer without having arrogance oozing from all the hole of your body because that Proverb apply way more to you than rray.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yep, you're right. How silly of me to assume the developers of a MMO would want players to interact with one another to achieve their goals.
    Whats amusing is interacting with the wow community in games reminds me of interacting with the MMO Champion community ..something I try my best to avoid unless something entertaining gets posted.

I've got 382's from WQs. 392 from the weekly quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 414 ilvl and have never gotten anything above a 379 from a rare/wq/weekly so idk.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

NO he is not. Rewards based on difficulty. Not based whether it is group or single player. The fact that they have all kinds of different content for single and group play shows Blizzard has no preference.
    You'll have to point me to the single player content that awards 405+ gear then. The simple fact of the matter is that the best rewards come from content that is inherently social by nature, such a organized PVP, raids, and mythic+. There is a very clear preference that the hardest, most rewarding content is also social group content. Even professions, something you could argue would be solo content, only goes up to 392 before you need to do social content to get infusions to go beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsyek View Post
    You'll have to point me to the single player content that awards 405+ gear then. The simple fact of the matter is that the best rewards come from content that is inherently social by nature, such a organized PVP, raids, and mythic+. There is a very clear preference that the hardest, most rewarding content is also social group content. Even professions, something you could argue would be solo content, only goes up to 392 before you need to do social content to get infusions to go beyond.
    I can get normal raid gear in the open world with the storm currencies. That is 385 gear. So, you can get powerful gear soloing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Femininity View Post
    I'm at 414 ilvl and have never gotten anything above a 379 from a rare/wq/weekly so idk.
    So you have never done the elemental furies where you can get 385 gear with open world currency?

I can get normal raid gear in the open world with the storm currencies. That is 385 gear. So, you can get powerful gear soloing.
    At the risk of sounding like an elitist, I would not consider 385 gear as "powerful" gear. 385 is what drops out of a +7 or +8 M+ dungeon. That's not even normal raid gear because normal raid gear starts at 389 from Eranog, not 385. 385 is equivalent to LFR gear. Besides tier (which drops at 398) and the bow (which drops at 392), 385 is what drops off of Raszageth LFR. So no, you can not get "normal raid gear in the open world," you can get LFR gear. Considering you can upgrade gear from M+ all the way up to 415, 385 being 30 ilvl behind that is far from "powerful."