Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    14 years too late, should have been there since ICC HC trash farm.

  2. #22
    Now the race gonna become even more intense

  3. #23
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    36,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Bind-on-Equip Items from Mythic Raid in Early Season 1
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    When the Vault of the Incarnates raid opens next week, enemies inside will occasionally drop Bind-on-Equip loot, as in previous raids. For early Season 1 play, we’re putting a restriction on BoEs that drop in Mythic difficulty.

    • For the first few weeks of Dragonflight Season 1, items that would have been Bind-on-Equip in lower difficulties will drop as Bind-on-Pickup items in Mythic difficulty.

    One of our goals with rewards has always been to primarily make the best loot in the game come through gameplay, rather than spending gold. Bind-on-Equip items from raids have long been exceptions to that, but they provide something unique to raiders: when raid groups don’t need the BoEs for progression anymore, they can be sold to fund consumables and repairs. In Dragonflight Season 1, Mythic difficulty is opening at the same time as other difficulties, a full week before players will have even opened the Vault for the first time, and Mythic BoEs represent more of a power increase than we wish to see available for gold.

    Once a few weeks have passed, we’ll revise the items to drop as BoEs in Mythic difficulty. Please note that the second adjustment will not change already-acquired soulbound gear back into Bind-on-Equip. After that time, only new drops will be BoEs.

    We’ll see you in Vault of the Incarnates next week!
    Sounds like a great change, should be extended for Heroic too, but not for LFR and Normal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    14 years too late, should have been there since ICC HC trash farm.
    22 - 9 = 14? Common core strikes again!

  5. #25
    Just remove 80% of the trash, and remove boe from raid

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    This is actually a slight dent to player power for race to world first guilds. Since they will all start with normal + HC to get tier, most likely they will not step into mythic in the first 2 days, unless the raid is undertuned.

    You can only get drops from the lieutenants the first time you kill them, so if a character runs normal or HC first they won't be eligible to get the mythic lieutenants loot. Unless they can sub in most of the raid before engaging with the lieutenants or lower difficulties. Don't even know if that would work.
    I have a feeling the raid will be under-tuned. This is based off of a few things that I don't care to find the citation for but remember being said:

    They are releasing the Mythic raid the same week as norm/heroic partially due to not wanting the race to world first to run anywhere near the holidays, so they expect it to be wrapped up pretty quick.

    They also stated that they want Mythic to be do-able by more guilds without having to nerf it gradually over the course of the season, making me thing it's initial state will be nerfed compared to the initial state of previous raids.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    As most of the RWF raiders have repeatedly said: no boss matters except the last one. Everything they do in terms of gearing is entirely aimed at that.
    Yeah so as I said
    They will likely have multiple groups do mythic for the lieutenants and then give the gear from them to their big boy toons

    Example:
    They clear to first Boe boss
    Re-learn mythic with alts/raz toons because the first couple are useless and don't require much
    They then armor stack for the lieutenants

    Could be completely wrong

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Yeah so as I said
    They will likely have multiple groups do mythic for the lieutenants and then give the gear from them to their big boy toons

    Example:
    They clear to first Boe boss
    Re-learn mythic with alts/raz toons because the first couple are useless and don't require much
    They then armor stack for the lieutenants

    Could be completely wrong
    You are wrong. You can't do that in mythic, because you're ID-locked. You can't clear mythic on alts, then go to the main ID to pass loot - you'd still be in the alt ID.

    You can bring burner alts to armor-stack for the lieutenant, but that doesn't require you "re-learning" anything because it'll be cleared up to the lieutenant already. And after that, those alts are locked to the main ID as well.

    It's not possible to generate more loot like this on mythic, because each instance is ID-locked from the moment the first boss is killed.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You are wrong. You can't do that in mythic, because you're ID-locked. You can't clear mythic on alts, then go to the main ID to pass loot - you'd still be in the alt ID.

    You can bring burner alts to armor-stack for the lieutenant, but that doesn't require you "re-learning" anything because it'll be cleared up to the lieutenant already. And after that, those alts are locked to the main ID as well.

    It's not possible to generate more loot like this on mythic, because each instance is ID-locked from the moment the first boss is killed.
    OK I'll do it simply
    Assume they have 3 toons each
    First clear which is main raid uses 1
    Alt clear uses second
    Let's say they then use the alt clear group ID to do something like grab all the leather toons left and kill the lieutenant

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    OK I'll do it simply
    Assume they have 3 toons each
    First clear which is main raid uses 1
    Alt clear uses second
    Let's say they then use the alt clear group ID to do something like grab all the leather toons left and kill the lieutenant
    You get locked to an instance in mythic as soon as you enter, if the first boss is dead. You can't kill a lieutenant in a different ID, then go back to your main ID.

    Either which way you slice it, you can't generate additional loot.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You get locked to an instance in mythic as soon as you enter, if the first boss is dead. You can't kill a lieutenant in a different ID, then go back to your main ID.

    Either which way you slice it, you can't generate additional loot.
    Yep I'm an idiot idk why I thought that would work....the forums are having an effect

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •