Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,247
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I still see them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm very curious of the Sethrakk looking dudes in the last few screenshots. Do those models appear anywhere else in DF Yet?
    Yes, they are shown in the new Uldaman dungeon.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  2. #22
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    41,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes, they are shown in the new Uldaman dungeon.
    They're called the refti - they look like sethrak but are made of stone, and may well be what the sethrak were before becoming organic in the same way the earthen preceded the dwarves.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They're called the refti - they look like sethrak but are made of stone, and may well be what the sethrak were before becoming organic in the same way the earthen preceded the dwarves.
    Which would be a really cool lore addition to make Sethrak more interesting/fleshed out, but begs the question: what is Sethraliss?

  4. #24
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Which would be a really cool lore addition to make Sethrak more interesting/fleshed out, but begs the question: what is Sethraliss?
    She's a Loa.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-12-08 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote tags

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  5. #25
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    41,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Which would be a really cool lore addition to make Sethrak more interesting/fleshed out, but begs the question: what is Sethraliss?
    A sethrak or refti who somehow managed to become a Wild God, more or less. There's a precedent for it with beings like Bwonsamdi and Zanza, who were mortal before ascending to god-like status.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    She's a Loa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A sethrak or refti who somehow managed to become a Wild God, more or less. There's a precedent for it with beings like Bwonsamdi and Zanza, who were mortal before ascending to god-like status.
    Yeah, that's possible, I also thought that Sethrak may truly be a giant snake that either turned into or assumes the form of a Sethrak. There is a giant snake skeleton in her dungeon after all.

    The Refti are mentioned to be sculpted "in the design of Dragons" which explains the horns, but not really the snake-like traits. I would hope they are supposed to be proto-Sethrak but it could just be a model reuse because they know Sethrak are popular.

  7. #27
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    41,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Yeah, that's possible, I also thought that Sethrak may truly be a giant snake that either turned into or assumes the form of a Sethrak. There is a giant snake skeleton in her dungeon after all.

    The Refti are mentioned to be sculpted "in the design of Dragons" which explains the horns, but not really the snake-like traits. I would hope they are supposed to be proto-Sethrak but it could just be a model reuse because they know Sethrak are popular.
    There's a lot of possibilities, really. Perhaps some refti exposed to the Curse of Flesh fell in with a snake Wild God who altered their forms somewhat, who could've been the namesake for the later sethrak. That might also explain Sethraliss, who perhaps took over for this Wild Goa/Loa on the occasion of its death, taking in its essence in the same way that Vol'jin took Rezan's essence in Shadowlands, leading to her change in form and perhaps that of the later sethrak.

    Alternatively, the refti and sethrak are just two distinct races who happen to share a lot of their outward appearance, just with one being serpent or dragon-based and the other being more snake-like.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  8. #28
    This is most definitely some 10.0 stuff we might see with more renown unlocked or by doing the new raid.

  9. #29
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Yeah, that's possible, I also thought that Sethrak may truly be a giant snake that either turned into or assumes the form of a Sethrak. There is a giant snake skeleton in her dungeon after all.

    The Refti are mentioned to be sculpted "in the design of Dragons" which explains the horns, but not really the snake-like traits. I would hope they are supposed to be proto-Sethrak but it could just be a model reuse because they know Sethrak are popular.
    No, she's a Loa: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sethraliss. Though she may have looked like a giant snake, who could change form into a sethrak; "While Sethraliss' avatar resembles a sethrak, it appears that the loa's actual physical body was simply that of a gargantuan serpent, judging by the huge snake skeleton that can be seen winding through the Temple of Sethraliss and culminates in the Skull of Sethraliss in the Bazaar of Watchful Eyes."

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Under any other circumstances I'd agree with you. You'd THINK the assets for the story would be completed but... Yeah...
    It could be placeholders that, when you enter the instance, are replaced by other models depending on criteria, but they're not loading correctly because player entered before possible (so that case was not contemplated in the code and not replacing any placeholder).

  11. #31
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It could be placeholders that, when you enter the instance, are replaced by other models depending on criteria, but they're not loading correctly because player entered before possible (so that case was not contemplated in the code and not replacing any placeholder).
    Pretty much, creature names can be hidden from players based on whether or not they should be able to see them. Part of the many many systems that attempt to hide spoilers before they're supposed to be available.

  12. #32
    All possible results for this encouter have been calculated

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimbobbin View Post
    You go there as a part of the Dragonscale Expedition final quest line at Renown 24 if memory serves. Did it a few days ago. Nothing secret, just tied to renown quests.
    How are you 24 already?

  14. #34
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,902
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I'm very curious of the Sethrakk looking dudes in the last few screenshots. Do those models appear anywhere else in DF Yet?
    They do.

    In Thaldraszus, between Valdrakken and Tyrhold, there's an area where a Watcher and a group of those "sethrakk-looking dudes" are, and they're friendly, apparently protecting that area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •