Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Right, I guess I just find it weird to assume the latter must be the case when the former is just as plausible. /shrug
    I'm actually just surprised he's still there. Must be newish work, which leads me to believe this is gonna come up in his annual review.

That is the longest "We made some last minute changes that we didn't test properly and then everything turned to shit" post that I have ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    jesus christ I DIDNT SAY it would help with this issue omfg! lol im just saying IN GENERAL Azure servers would be better in the long run than what they use you fool. Im in IT of course i know that issue they explained wouldnt make a difference on Azure servers it would just have more capacity to run until it killed itself if anything at all lol
    Rephrasing your fallacy does not support its position so much as make you persistent and still wrong. As someone who has been in the technology field for almost 30 years, I can say with 100% certainty that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Azure, AWS, GCP would have no better improvements or making the problem worse for Blizzard with or without the caveat of the current situation. How could I say that? Because if I don't know what their hardware situation is, there's no rational or logical reason to speculate in either direction. You can have an opinion on the topic, but you have zero facts to support it.

Stop while you're behind. It just reinforces your lack of knowledge and, apparently, your inability to use punctuation.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Probably is fine, by the way. Do you think this person was disciplined or reprimanded or something?

Does anyone besides 1 or 2 other people in this thread work for a living and know what it's like to be at an IT company? Do you think this person did this maliciously? Are you not aware of the groundbreaking tech every expansion that Blizzard introduces which most other companies then adopt? It then becomes the industry standard. Please don't confuse Dragonriding / Guild Wars 2 with "groundbreaking tech," either. That idea may have been lifted, but that's not what I'm referring to. I'm referring to things like LFG, Shards, etc.

Say whatever you want but Blizzard still has some of the best talent in the industry.
    I work as a lead software dev for 8 years now, I know shit happens. All I mentioned was that it sucked to be them at that point, you never want to be the one to introduce a major prod issue. Obviously it's not entirely your fault if it passes all peer reviews, testing and what not.

No I don't think they got fired, if anything, they have likely built additional regression testing against these types of issues.