10+ Year Old Account

Dragonflight Shockadin Doable?

Hello there,

with the chances of making so many various builds and the new content, what are the chances of a functional Shockadin spec?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You can go pretty deep into some damage talents at the expense of a fair amount of your healing and gimping yourself in group content, if all you want to do is outside world stuff then go for it, however the difference wont be night and day between builds. If you're looking for "the good old days", you're not going to find it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    You can go pretty deep into some damage talents at the expense of a fair amount of your healing and gimping yourself in group content, if all you want to do is outside world stuff then go for it, however the difference wont be night and day between builds. If you're looking for "the good old days", you're not going to find it.
    Sorry for the late answer (there really should be an alert for people answering your threads until you turn it off).

I have just always had more enjoyment in leveling as Holy, so, kinda hoping we don't go lower than Shadowlands, for Shadowlands Shockadin was quite bad. I'll mess around with something I guess.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    when did shockadin pve dps ever existed? the only high shockadin era i can recall was in tbc pvp, where u can surprise ppl with high burst of dmg and near immortal status of survival making u a real pita in any duel
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    when did shockadin pve dps ever existed? the only high shockadin era i can recall was in tbc pvp, where u can surprise ppl with high burst of dmg and near immortal status of survival making u a real pita in any duel
    It did exist in vanilla, since at the time a good shockadin could compete in dps with mediocre dps.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was topping DPS charts in Heroics while healing in BoA.

I miss Symbiosis giving Ret Wrath with Glyph of Harsh Words. I had the rare spawn drop item that granted you the effects of Symbiosis and it was hilarious doing comparable DPS with Wrath just Judgement, Exorcism and Word of Glory. If they'd have made Wrath casts turn Holy and grant a Holy Power, Rangadin would've probably been viable at points given how tumultuous Ret was until you could get absurd amounts of Haste in SoO.

I think a true shockdin spec wont be a legit thing until Blizzard decides to give paladin either a 4th caster spec or a support spec. I believe the blueprint is there...they can bring back many spells paladins used to have [exorcism, harsh words glyph, seals, holy wrath, etc] and add damage modifiers for them to put them inline with aug evokers or casters in general

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    It did exist in vanilla, since at the time a good shockadin could compete in dps with mediocre dps.

If I recall correctly (and it's been a lot of years under the bridge), shockadin dps was about on par with shammy or lock tanking. Ah, for the good old days .
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

We can hope paladins will be one of the classes getting a support spec and it could be a ranged holy damage class. There is no holy archer archetype in Warcraft so chances are, if they are one of the classes to get a support spec, it will be some flavour of shockadin.

I was wondering if the shockadin will be viable in SOD.