Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Quest Log Cap Increased to 35

Quest Log Cap Increased to 35
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I really wish they’d increase the amount of quests you can hold at once.
    We’ve seen feedback about the quest log cap for a long time, and we agree. It’s time to increase it. With a change coming soon today to all Dragonflight realms:
    • The maximum number of quests that a player-character may have has been increased to 35 (was 25).

Have fun taking on (up to) 10 additional adventures!

10+ Year Old Account
    its a start.

guys, gals, like everyone.....is this real?

Like holy crap. We have been asking for it for ages. and this expansion they are giving us a lot of our wishes.....like holy crap. Did not expect this. So happy with this

10+ Year Old Account
    In the words of my eternally-salty GM: "wow, their timing is abysmal"

why is there even a cap though?

what is that supposed to balance?

in a game where people hoard items in their banks and bags, how much DB I/O is that really saving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    In theory it's there to keep people from taking too many quests and losing track of what they're doing. It made more sense back when the game launched, as we had to read each quest carefully in order to know what we had to do and it was easier to get lost.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    excellent change. should've happened a lot earlier, but as they say better late than never

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally!
    It was a real struggle when DF launched and I had to figure out what to keep and what to abandon.

And btw this cap has been unchanged since MoP. I'm glad they listened to that specific feedback.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah, NOW that will bring me back!

1) I like how they do it 2 weeks after launch after most of us kept struggling to keep the quest log empty while leveling
    2) It should really be unlimited at this point because at the start of expansions its the worst and as the expansion goes they start to accumulate. Especially if we are going to have as many quests as we have been having even at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! Can we also bring back the tracking for it? I don't know why they removed that but it's really annoying to not know how close to the cap I am. I especially love deleting a few quests which are account wide and still not being able to pick something up because those quests were already over the cap =(

5+ Year Old Account
    Welcome change! Not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

Awesome update

A bit too late for me, but late is better than never, I suppose.

One can tell something has changed in Blizzard, no matter how huge of a biased hater.

All good and welcome, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    One can tell something has changed in Blizzard, no matter how huge of a biased hater.

All good and welcome, thanks!

It is called we lost some players and we would like to have that money back in Bobby's pocket. So their best interest would be to listen to the player base and try and make them happy. The whole arrogant and prideful they have been having is no longer working in their favor. Trying to make most of the player bas happy would be their best option at this point.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post

what is that supposed to balance?

in a game where people hoard items in their banks and bags, how much DB I/O is that really saving up?
    1- stop people from hording ABSOLUTE OBSCENE amounts at an expansion launch
    2- stop from too much data needing to be stored per charecter, while one charecter having 35 quests ontop of the countless other stuff does not take up a ton of storage space, when you can have up to 60 charecters per account, all with that many. then remidner they must keep these FOREVER. even if you only sub for 1 month, they have to keep that data, they don't purge it ever, you can pay them 15 dollars to store data for you perpetually till the day the game shuts down.
    hell i am sure my account is atleast a couple gigs, maybe even double digits worth of data. and while for me that is nothing, you get hundreds of millions like that...
    3- stop people from having lots of quests, losing track and getting confused about them all
    4- part of the balance to stopping people from just picking up every single quest they can at once, your encouraged to do one thing at a time, instead of picking up a million things and then doing random stuff.

Now 35 is great, but it seems a bit of an odd number, going right to 50 woulda been a much nicer number, but i understand them not wanting to literally double it.
    a... 40 something percent increase to quest log is a pretty good start, and should be enough for most people, like dragonflight launch i had so many times i literally just needed 1 more spot maybe 2 so many times, so 10 is great, but we shall see if they need to increase it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    It is called we lost some players and we would like to have that money back in Bobby's pocket. So their best interest would be to listen to the player base and try and make them happy. The whole arrogant and prideful they have been having is no longer working in their favor. Trying to make most of the player bas happy would be their best option at this point.
    Or maybe, just maybe, they just thought this would be an easy W and did it anyway? Not everything has to be part of some greater conspiracy to something, something... Bobby's yacht.

bro you have to be the only person ever to think them increasing the amount of quests you can have would bring any players back.
    "hey guys they fixed a spelling error in the game because they just wanted to bring back subs!"
    no sometimes they fix things for the betterment of the players, no one comes back for these changes, but of course it benefits those playing.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck would re-sub over this? Are you serious?