Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Aside from some tweaks here in there like they've done with SoM, I really doubt they're going to pour resources to develop new content for classic, and truth is there's no reason to do that. Classic is simply free milk.
    And given Dragonflight, it seems that they're instead turning retail around and taking a slightly more classic approach to it. Talent redesign and no bullshit systems are a good indicator at that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it could be fun, but the question is more if they are able or if it is worth the cost to develop it.

Cause OP is right, that it would be amazing to see some content be made, that builds upon the experience gained with Classic, and is made for specifically the crowd that plays Classic. It would without a doubt create the same wave of player interest, that most retail content patches do.

But i have no idea about Classic player numbers and if its even worth doing that much for such a playerbase.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I think it could be fun, but the question is more if they are able or if it is worth the cost to develop it.

Cause OP is right, that it would be amazing to see some content be made, that builds upon the experience gained with Classic, and is made for specifically the crowd that plays Classic. It would without a doubt create the same wave of player interest, that most retail content patches do.

But i have no idea about Classic player numbers and if its even worth doing that much for such a playerbase.
    You're right, they haven't been transparent about how successful, or not, that classic has been. Anecdotally, the game feels well alive, at least on the server I play on.

They're experimenting with Heroic+ on WotLK classic. So, they are deviating from the original content.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboostani View Post
    This topic has been mentioned before, but I find it relevant even if it's disregarded.
    Blizzard has scrapped content since WoW's inception. They have rushed through stories/content, also.
    Why not, return to each expansion with a game plus experience. Content like Aszhara's Crater from vanilla, the snake troll raid next to Gundrak in Wrath, Abyssal Maw in Cata, Farahlon in WOD, and many more were never finalized or implemented in the game.

There's cut content heavily affected by the time frames of an expansion, not essentially because the content isn't good. This isn't limited to dungeons or raids. I won't go as far to say player housing as an implementation. But, maybe some elements to the game that didn't make it.

This could give Blizzard not only more returning players, but some breathing room. Imagine Azjol-Nerub and Ulduar as zones (initially as intended). The current WoW lore isn't good and blizzard insists they're not out of ideas. WoW now is different than what is was in 2004. With Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath having their own servers, why not add these patches as they were supposed to be.

This is less likely if blizzard stops classic servers with Wrath.
    I still want to promote this idea, because as much hate as I'll get for this post, I personally think it's interesting and possible.

I’m sure at least some of that would work. I’m not clear as to why those ideas would upset anyone.

I think this will be good, but who know, who know..

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The question is just, would that pull in new players or just pull players from retail/normal classic which would be a zero sum for Blizz.´Because i really doubt that many new players would be enticed by just one or two new zones in an otherwise normal classic WoW.
    Do you think Blizzard left out 1 or 2 zones with their original idea for WoW? No, it's plently of zones and plenty of raids. With the zones just look at Uldum, Mount Hyjal, Twilight Highlands, Ghostlands (and everything up around the blood elf area), Gilneas etc.. There are also zones they never finished like Aszhara. Battlegrounds they never finished, World PvP objectives they didnt finish.

There's enough for an entire expansion with just content they didnt finish for vanilla WoW that was planned and either cut completely or moved to future expansions (Most of it Cataclysm and TBC).

A classic+ would almost be a "World of Warcraft 2" and that would really bring in new players.

I'd kill for classic VANILLA plus. It's the only iteration of WoW that feels totally different from all the expansion packs. I'd want a refined experience of that. Slow leveling, scary world, lots of adventure.

Don't cheapen the world with Outland, Northrend, etc. Instead add zones that enhance the old world. Hyjal pvp zone, Twilight Highlands leveling zone, Karazhan new raid tailored for vanilla...the possibilities are many.

I hate to break it to you, but Uldum and Twilight Highlands were brand new additions with Cataclysm, not an unfinished idea stored for later. Hyjal fits into he category you describe.
    Gilneas, Outland, and Quel'thalas fit as ideas that they didn't try working on. But we're good plot points to use for expansions.
    Last edited by Shaltharian; 2023-01-18 at 07:34 PM.

"I want vanilla but change everything and add a whole bunch of new content"

retail
    the game you're looking for is retail