Angry From WOTLK terror Threat to a wet paper tissue

why does it feel like im playing a wet paper unholy DK ??? wtf is wrong with pvp vs every other class, usually you should feel a little BALANCE that 1 or 2 of your skills is what you use for PVP to pick off players , and yet .... it feels like UNHOLY has been nerved ... i cant even kill ANY PLAYER unless IM IN A 5 MAN PARTY and the rest of the party DOES ALL THE WORK !!!!
    seriouly BLIZZARD wtf , why is unholy so weak ! ?
    im very disgusted by what im experiencing in pvp

using all up to date pvp talents
    checked most if not all video's and guides
    tried all of the ones i watched , and falling VS Every other class thats ONLY Undergeared !!! and even then undergeared player are better at killing an 378 ilvl unholy
    seriously BLIZZARD what Have you done to unholy

and if its just my imagination , then what godamn talent tree should i use to kill of EVERY OTHER CLASS cus this plays like a bag of dogSH*T ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard regularly checks these forums out
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Well they did nerf Death Knights death strike healing recently.

1+ Year Old Account
    Blah blah blah PVP is not balanced based on 1v1 blah blah blah.

Sorry but Blizzard is utter shit at making PVP systems that don't revolve around team play. All their PVP games are team based and made up of classes/characters that excel at one single thing and are dogshit at everything else, because the idea is that in a team each of the characters' weaknesses are complemented by other characters' strengths.

However, all Blizzard's PVP games can be enjoyed by a solo player, you just have to find the character(s) that are the most all around balanced and don't have huge weaknesses nor huge strengths, and are not so dependent on other players to hold their hands when taking a dump.

That character is usually something that has the best balance of the 3 PVP stats:
    1. Mobility, so you can actually hit stuff and/or escape.
    2. Burst, so you can kill them faster than they can kill you.
    3. Survivability, so you can live and not drop dead if you don't have a healer and/or peeler.

As I mentioned above, Blizzard's idea of "balance" is to have characters that can do only one or two at most of these things while sucking balls at everything else.
    Imagine having 3 stats in an RPG game, and you can put points in them upon character creation. You can have a very tanky hero but who does basically no damage and the enemies are running circles around him, or you can have a very mobile hero who runs circles around his opponents but it's just annoying with no damage and so squishy that it gets one-shot when caught.

This is how Blizzard builds its PVP systems, except you don't get to allocate the points personally, you can only choose between premade heroes.

When it comes to PVP, part of the skill is to identify a premade character that has the most balanced stat allocation and doesn't suffer major weaknesses.

Unfortunately, DK is not such character at the moment. In fact I'm not even sure what exactly it excels at, it seems to have nothing but weaknesses. Uh...aoe damage in arena(?). You're going to have to choose another premade character, I suggest Ret paladin or Fury warrior but be careful with the warrior because Blizzard has a long history of not allowing warriors to shine at solo PVP, so nerfs are likely in its future.

Hell, even the PVP guides on Youtube are all about arena and rbgs, you can't find any guide about solo PVP. There was this guy Hazzed at some point, total salty douchebag, but he knew his solo PVP stuff. He's gone.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-12-13 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post

Sorry but Blizzard is utter shit at making PVP systems that don't revolve around team play. All their PVP games are team based and made up of classes/characters that excel at one single thing and are dogshit at everything else, because the idea is that in a team each of the characters' weaknesses are complemented by other characters' strengths.

However, all Blizzard's PVP games can be enjoyed by a solo player, you just have to find the character(s) that are the most all around balanced and don't have huge weaknesses nor huge strengths, and are not so dependent on other players to hold their hands when taking a dump.

That character is usually something that has the best balance of the 3 PVP stats:
    3. Survivability, so you can live and not drop dead if you don't have a healer and/or peeler.

As I mentioned above, Blizzard's idea of "balance" is to have characters that can do only one or two at most of these things while sucking balls at everything else.
    Imagine having 3 stats in an RPG game, and you can put points in them upon character creation. You can have a very tanky hero but who does basically no damage and the enemies are running circles around him, or you can have a very mobile hero who runs circles around his opponents but it's just annoying with no damage and so squishy that it gets one-shot when caught.

This is how Blizzard builds its PVP systems, except you don't get to allocate the points personally, you can only choose between premade heroes.

When it comes to PVP, part of the skill is to identify a premade character that has the most balanced stat allocation and doesn't suffer major weaknesses.

Unfortunately, DK is not such character at the moment. In fact I'm not even sure what exactly it excels at, it seems to have nothing but weaknesses. You're going to have to choose another premade character, I suggest Ret paladin.
    Never been a balanced pvp game with over like 5 abilities.

Brain dead take bro. What sucks with wow is the game design in general.

378 ilvl? what? And wotlk terror?

I think you confuse dks with ele shamans and arms warrior.

If you mean DF, 378 ilvl does not exist in pvp, its rather 411 ilvl - 424 ilvl. You can buy starter gear from the AH.

Prolly the guy removed wow now, after unholy got very drastic nerfs in both expansions LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post

Unfortunately, DK is not such character at the moment. In fact I'm not even sure what exactly it excels at, it seems to have nothing but weaknesses. Uh...aoe damage in arena(?). You're going to have to choose another premade character, I suggest Ret paladin or Fury warrior but be careful with the warrior because Blizzard has a long history of not allowing warriors to shine at solo PVP, so nerfs are likely in its future.

Hell, even the PVP guides on Youtube are all about arena and rbgs, you can't find any guide about solo PVP. There was this guy Hazzed at some point, total salty douchebag, but he knew his solo PVP stuff. He's gone.
    nah wrong the best choice for this guy is by far Demon Hunter! Nerfed several times, still S tier and most dominating melee in SS, RGB, even 3s. check-pvp is clear about this

No one needed this Hazzed dude horrible attidude and wasn't even a glad..when i play SS on mid rating like 2K mmr the whole lobby is full of multiglads and sometimes 1 R1 player in 9/10 lobbies. lol

Better check Mes, Flarkness, Partywaffles for US and Cervantes for EU. Mes does some good weakauras and Farkness + Partywaffles YT guides.

Poblem just is - while you can work on your dk to play better, it makes the class not more fun to play the class design is still far behind compared to Mop/WoD when it comes to pvp.

Do yourself a favor and play something else.

They nerfed it recently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    why is unholy so weak ! ?
    the entire class is balanced around the top 0.01% of its players. when they buff unholy to be viable in the hands of every day players, those top players become unkillable monsters.