Constant Fury Capping

I was waiting to address/look into this until after I'd seen the raid, because I wasn't sure if this problem was caused by how quickly things die in dungeons/open world but we had our first raid last night and I'm still constantly capping fury.

I'm using a very slightly modified version of the single talent build here - https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-...builds-talents

I looked at my logs from first raid night and WoW Analyzer said 1) don't cap fury and 2) keep your fury generators on CD more often. And the issue is, most of the time I'm at or near full fury already without using all of the generators. There is definitely some room for improvement, but between Demon Bite fury and refunds from chaos strike, I feel like I can't get low enough fury to use Eye Beam without wasting it, same with Vengeful Retreat. I use Imm aura on CD, obviously.

I'm wondering if I have too many generator talents chosen in the first place, but I'm not sure what to remove and what to replace it with.

Anyone else running into this?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fully aware I might be bad, lol so if that's the answer, I can accept it
    Last edited by Thirtyrock; 2023-01-04 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Removed the random Sourdough starter link

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I was waiting to address/look into this until after I'd seen the raid, because I wasn't sure if this problem was caused by how quickly things die in dungeons/open world but we had our first raid last night and I'm still constantly capping fury.

Here's my setup -https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002C0E5VG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I'm using a very slightly modified version of the single talent build here - https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-...builds-talents

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fully aware I might be bad, lol so if that's the answer, I can accept it
    Have you tried using a different sourdough starter? Maybe a neighbor may have one they can provide you?

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    Have you tried using a different sourdough starter? Maybe a neighbor may have one they can provide you?
    Rofl, I cannot believe I linked that! Whups

I'd love to hear an answer to this question as well

I'm no Demon Hunter player.

But isn't it rather simple, spenders do more damage than generators.
    If you have too much resources, just spend more?

Or am I ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

[QUOTE=Thirtyrock;53995150]I was waiting to address/look into this until after I'd seen the raid, because I wasn't sure if this problem was caused by how quickly things die in dungeons/open world but we had our first raid last night and I'm still constantly capping fury.

I looked at my logs from first raid night and WoW Analyzer said 1) don't cap fury and 2) keep your fury generators on CD more often. And the issue is, most of the time I'm at or near full fury already without using all of the generators. There is definitely some room for improvement, but between Demon Bite fury and refunds from chaos strike, I feel like I can't get low enough fury to use Eye Beam without wasting it, same with Vengeful Retreat. I use Imm aura on CD, obviously.

I'm wondering if I have too many generator talents chosen in the first place, but I'm not sure what to remove and what to replace it with.

If you're consistently capping fury as a Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft, there are a few adjustments you can consider to optimize your gameplay and resource management:

Talents and Rotation: Review your talent choices and rotation to ensure they are aligned with the most effective strategies for generating and spending fury. The build you mentioned from Icy Veins is a good starting point, but it's worth exploring alternative talent choices if you're frequently capping fury.

Chaos Strike Optimization: Chaos Strike is your primary fury spender, and it refunds fury based on critical strikes. Make sure you have enough critical strike chance from gear, enchants, and gems to maximize these refunds. Additionally, ensure you are using Chaos Strike on cooldown to avoid capping fury.

Eye Beam and Vengeful Retreat: Eye Beam is a powerful AoE ability that should be used when appropriate, even if it means spending fury at high levels. Similarly, Vengeful Retreat provides mobility and generates fury, so make sure you're using it whenever it's available, regardless of your current fury level.

Demon's Bite: Demon's Bite is your primary fury generator. If you find yourself capping fury frequently, consider using Demon's Bite more frequently to prevent wastage. You can also use the talent Felblade for additional fury generation.

Stat Priority: Check your secondary stat priority, as it can affect your fury generation and resource management. Critical Strike and Haste are particularly important for Havoc Demon Hunters. Make sure your gear and stat allocations are optimized for your current level and raid progression.

Practice and Refinement: Keep practicing your rotation and pay attention to your fury levels during different encounters. Experiment with different talent choices, gear setups, and rotations to find what works best for you. Analyzing combat logs and seeking guidance from experienced Demon Hunters or class-specific community resources can provide valuable insights.

Remember, optimizing your performance takes time and practice. It's always a good idea to consult guides, join class-specific communities, and continue refining your gameplay to improve your resource management and overall effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    I'm no Demon Hunter player.

But isn't it rather simple, spenders do more damage than generators.
    If you have too much resources, just spend more?

Or am I ignorant?
    Someone necro'd this, so I am just now seeing your response. There are a few things that have changed since I first posted.

1) The recommended builds for Havoc are now using fewer generators. This is more because other talents were buffed than to lower the incoming fury.
    2) Several of our primary rotation abilities, like Eye Beam and Immolation Aura are also generators. Ideally you'd only hit those after lowering your fury pool, but you also need/want to hit them for damage. Then there are a few movement abilities that generate fury but also provide other benefits. Fel Rush on a single target generates fury (No fury on multiple targets), but, more importantly it gives you a flat 8% damage buff. Similarly, vengeful retreat generates fury, but is used primarily for activating Initiative which is an 8% crit buff. My problem was using these abilities without overcapping. With changes happening since 10.1, this isn't as MUCH of an issue.

Dh is a joke, just remove it from the game