Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 10.0.5 New Mounts

Patch 10.0.5 New Mounts
    Patch 10.0.5 introduces quite a few new mounts to collect, mostly from the new Trading Post feature.

Skyskin Hornstrider
    Purchased with 150 Essence of the Storm and 3000 Elemental Overflow Primalist Invasion currency.

Ash'adar, Harbinger of Dawn
    Available in Trading Post rotation.

Crusty Crawler

Quawks

Coral-Stalker Waveray

Armored Golden Pterrordax

Cerulean Marsh Hopper

Magenta Cloud Serpent

New Trading Post Mounts with No Model
    There are a few other new mounts added to the Trading Post rotation that do not have a model yet.

Last edited by Stoy; 2022-12-17 at 10:46 PM.

All these mounts no one can use this expansion because they're not dragon-ridable

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    All these mounts no one can use this expansion because they're not dragon-ridable
    For the life of me I cannot understand the desire to collect mounts.

I'm not down on the folks that do it, more power to them for finding something they really enjoy doing, but I seriously just don't get it.

Apart from the fact you can literally mount anything still and that these are clearly ground-mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Apart from the fact you can literally mount anything still and that these are clearly ground-mounts.

Indeed clearly all those ones with wings are nearly decorative in nature.

I assume at some point they will let us use our normal flying mounts or the Dragonriding ones. Other wise all these new flying ones make
    Zero sense even for Blizzard.

Spectral tiger 2.0 looks pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    To match it with sweet xmogs that don't expire as ilvls go up.

the crab mounts are actually really funny so having one more accessable is great

10+ Year Old Account
    Why assume that Blizzard wont be making them dragonriding capable? I am pretty sure they are adding them to extend the amount of dragonriding mounts.

If that is not the case then i don't understand what the point of these "Flying" mounts are because classic mounts are no longer even close to desirable now we got Dragonriding. Hell even ground mounts feel dull now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Meaningless mounts since 99% of the community will get them just for logging in.

Look exiting now but in a few months they are just the same as the timewalking dungeon mounts and with the dragonflight exp pack we can only use our 4 dragon mounts so i wonder if this is not just a waist of dev effort.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-12-18 at 03:06 PM.

I really want to ride on Quawks.

Also, as someone who does not have the crab mount from nazjatar and wish I'd done it as current content, I hate the fact that they're adding this other one. It's nice to have some truly unique mounts that make people stand out that aren't related to end game content like gladiator title.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2022-12-18 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post

I'm not down on the folks that do it, more power to them for finding something they really enjoy doing, but I seriously just don't get it.
    Well, at some point, if you keep playing expansion after expansion for over a decade, you start investing in collecting. It does not happen to everyone, but to most ppl I know. I didn't care about it at the start either, but as you go through content lulls you start doing side stuff, like achis and collecting.
    And as a side note, you may also reach a point where you have so many, it becomes meaningless...
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-12-18 at 03:26 PM.

you can use them in dungeons, raid, and pvp, nevermind old world content too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Indeed clearly all those ones with wings are nearly decorative in nature.

I assume at some point they will let us use our normal flying mounts or the Dragonriding ones. Other wise all these new flying ones make
    Zero sense even for Blizzard.

The cloud serpent is a ground mount? The pterrodax? The macaw?

I see.

Give us the Corrupted Ashbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Give us the Corrupted Ashbringer.
    At this point why not and also put all gladiator mounts on the tradingpost or for watching 4 hours of streamers because we give out everything this exp pack for free so just remove all rare items then and break the barrier of the collecting aspact of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post

I'm straight up jelous of people that enjoy this kinda stuff. People that can just farm mounts, sit there and farm on runescape and loving life. While the only way I enjoy games is edge of my seat stress 24/7, wiping on a boss 500 times etc.

There version of enjoying games seems way healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The cloud serpent is a ground mount? The pterrodax? The macaw?

I see.
    well they are untill we will be able to ride real mounts not that overhyped glider.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I'm straight up jelous of people that enjoy this kinda stuff. People that can just farm mounts, sit there and farm on runescape and loving life. While the only way I enjoy games is edge of my seat stress 24/7, wiping on a boss 500 times etc.

There version of enjoying games seems way healthier.
    Agree 110%

I'm totally down with mellow low stress games, maybe collecting mounts is a game within a game type of thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    the crab mounts are actually really funny so having one more accessable is great
    Definitely. I struggled to get the orange one because the darn quest I needed didn't spawn anytime I was online for YEARS!
    Finally got it but that achievement was not fun.