Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I'm straight up jelous of people that enjoy this kinda stuff. People that can just farm mounts, sit there and farm on runescape and loving life. While the only way I enjoy games is edge of my seat stress 24/7, wiping on a boss 500 times etc.

There version of enjoying games seems way healthier.
    Mount collecting is rather tedious and can be stressful. To make the most of of it you will need to farm a mount on different characters AND different modes (normal/heroic/mythic) that can take many hours every week. Overcoming an obstacle with others sounds fun in its own way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand the desire to collect mounts.

I'm not down on the folks that do it, more power to them for finding something they really enjoy doing, but I seriously just don't get it.
    It's just fun to collect. Pokemon games and completing the Pokedex even though some Pokemon you'd NEVER use is similar as well as other games. It's fun to collect, and usually the achievement for 300/400/500/whatever is a half decent mount worth using. That's just my take ofc and I'm sure others have different motives.

They're all reskins/recolors. They must have pumped this out in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Meaningless mounts since 99% of the community will get them just for logging in.

Look exiting now but in a few months they are just the same as the timewalking dungeon mounts and with the dragonflight exp pack we can only use our 4 dragon mounts so i wonder if this is not just a waist of dev effort.
    ...How do you figure that harder-to-get mounts actually do have meaning as opposed to these?
    Mounts either suit your tastes or don't, not much else to them.

A few have meaning, like the shredder one that allows for herbing, the yak that allows transmogs, the brutosaur that allows auctioneering, some multi-seaters and some exceptionally large or small ones for the purpose of abusing hitboxes.
    But beyond that they're all cosmetic, meaningless as far as interaction goes.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

At this point why not and also put all gladiator mounts on the tradingpost or for watching 4 hours of streamers because we give out everything this exp pack for free so just remove all rare items then and break the barrier of the collecting aspact of this game.
    Special snowflake syndrome isn't appealing to anyone.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Special snowflake syndrome isn't appealing to anyone.
    Except those with not a single notable thing going for them in real life i suppose.
    A bit like overly adorned people in real life often being the emptiest people i've ever met, especially on closer inspection (mind you there are some that use it for near-medical uses as well that do not fit this category, but they are exceedingly rare).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I need that pink noodle dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why assume that Blizzard wont be making them dragonriding capable? I am pretty sure they are adding them to extend the amount of dragonriding mounts.

If that is not the case then i don't understand what the point of these "Flying" mounts are because classic mounts are no longer even close to desirable now we got Dragonriding. Hell even ground mounts feel dull now.
    There are so many weird mounts where even normal flying makes no sense, and to imagine they need to be flapping their invisible wings will just be too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand the desire to collect mounts.

I'm not down on the folks that do it, more power to them for finding something they really enjoy doing, but I seriously just don't get it.
    Do you undestand desire to collect anything else? Then it's the same thing with mounts.

At this point why not and also put all gladiator mounts on the tradingpost or for watching 4 hours of streamers because we give out everything this exp pack for free so just remove all rare items then and break the barrier of the collecting aspact of this game.
    Those mounts are already in the game. Why add it two times?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Those mounts are already in the game. Why add it two times?
    cause they are not really obtainable anymore by resonable means for instance?
    spectral tiger was been rare part of TCG packs that is not being produced for nice couple years, would gues its around decade now but i will not bother to check
    dunno how its for you but paying 9k$ + for in game mount cause its rare is a bit of extravagant
    although it willl be super nice to get as a part of regular gameplay and any resonable person that havent spend that kind of money on it will be happy with this option

https://www.ebay.pl/itm/143942708068

edit
    ah you been answering to that other guy sorry i though you have something against it
    well story is same but target different :P

edit2
    how much you payed for it that its such a big problem :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2022-12-19 at 12:39 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    cause they are not really obtainable anymore by resonable means for instance?
    spectral tiger was been rare part of TCG packs that is not being produced for nice couple years, would gues its around decade now but i will not bother to check
    dunno how its for you but paying 9k$ + for in game mount cause its rare is a bit of extravagant
    although it willl be super nice to get as a part of regular gameplay and any resonable person that havent spend that kind of money on it will be happy with this option

https://www.ebay.pl/itm/143942708068

edit
    ah you been answering to that other guy sorry i though you have something against it
    well story is same but target different :P

edit2

how much you payed for it that its such a big problem :P
    Think I was more replying to the person that suggested glad mounts in trade post.

When it comes to the spectral tiger - I'd like to see mounts like that on the store, but not the original spectral tiger. Let it remain some kind of mythical mount that some people have in the game. its cool. I dont have it and never will, but thats ok.

But as pictures show, we will get something akin to it. Which is fine.

The day the Spectral tiger will be on the shop or the trading post is the day I will finally uninstall the game for the first time since 2005. Glad that it's not that day yet.

Difference : Glad mounts take skill and were rewarded for the best 1%

Ashrbringer was running a free loot raid durring tbc and tcg mounts was basically real money shop.

-Hey Tommy, we need ideas, what should be the reward for everything in an expansion where you are forced to use only 4 mount out of 900?
    -Hey Ion... dunno... more mounts they won't/can't use?
    -That's genius, Tommy! Here is a promotion!
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2022-12-19 at 02:18 PM.

More mounts and more tmog is always a new addition, its a mmorpg. They are right to put an accent on customization

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    The day the Spectral tiger will be on the shop or the trading post is the day I will finally uninstall the game for the first time since 2005. Glad that it's not that day yet.
    Same but it depends how cheap the Spectral Tiger will be, if it's worth same amount as 10k euro on Ebay, then i can live with it. Ingame it's 50-100M too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    There are so many weird mounts where even normal flying makes no sense, and to imagine they need to be flapping their invisible wings will just be too much work.
    True but i have high expectations from a billion dollar company with high educated developers etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Pls BIG NO for more mounts, it's now main reward for everything, we need more t-mog and custom. elements like hairs or tattoos.

The worst part about collecting in a game is when it shuts down all that work was for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    All these mounts no one can use this expansion because they're not dragon-ridable
    Because when you purchase a expansion you're dead locked into the zone the expansion takes place in right?