Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like this idea. This is probably the best idea out of all the recent announcements I have heard. When it was being more heavily advertised I read the person who created this has been patiently waiting for its release. (No idea if this was true or not..) I'm not entirely sure why the company held out on this but happy to see it actually implemented. It gives incentive to actually be subscribed. Which WoW is facing a lot of competition with F2P games or one time purchase games with no subscription. I honestly don't believe OW2 would've been as successful without it being F2P. Not sure how it worked out for them but could've been potentially worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dragi View Post
    Pls BIG NO for more mounts, it's now main reward for everything, we need more t-mog and custom. elements like hairs or tattoos.
    I like this idea too. Lots of these mounts don't have the new flight feature people are raving about. In fact quite a bit of them look like ground mounts with no capability of flying period. I would like to see some newer models in the future if possible too, maybe request more currency? Still transmog items, customizations sound really fun too. Hope they take it into consideration.

I like this idea. I feel this was the best announcement out of all the recent news. Great incentive to keep people subscribed. When WoW is competing with tons of F2P games or one time purchase games with no subscriptions. I wonder if OW2 did not go F2P if it would've been as successful. Not sure how it made out but I don't doubt it could've been a lot worse.
    Pls BIG NO for more mounts, it's now main reward for everything, we need more t-mog and custom. elements like hairs or tattoos.
    I like this idea too. I doubt these rewards have the new flying feature that people are raving about. Some of them look like ground mounts with no capabilities of flying at all. I hope they add fresh looking mounts in the future, possibly make those ones need more currency to obtain? I do think transmog items and more customization options would be great.

I like this idea. I feel this was the best announcement out of all the recent news. Great incentive to keep people subscribed. When WoW is competing with tons of F2P games or one time purchase games with no subscriptions. I wonder if OW2 did not go F2P if it would've been as successful. Not sure how it made out but I don't doubt it could've been a lot worse.

I like this idea too. I doubt these rewards have the new flying feature that people are raving about. Some of them look like ground mounts with no capabilities of flying at all. I hope they add fresh looking mounts in the future, possibly make those ones need more currency to obtain? I do think transmog items and more customization options would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastacow View Post
    The worst part about collecting in a game is when it shuts down all that work was for nothing.
    Which is why i never understood the appeal of private servers.

But at least retail will be here forever

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Which is why i never understood the appeal of private servers.

But at least retail will be here forever
    Blizzard is just a private company and WoW is just a game, most companies have a far shorter lifespan than the average human.
    Some can grow to be many times as old if course, but those are few and far in between, though they can seem to be a larger presence than they are since they have a solid reason to exist and thus tend to spread far and wide.

And needless to say no "living" videogame has exceeded the average lifespan yet.

And then there is the consideration that the internet and digital infrastructure are also unlikely to survive forever, even on a conceptual scale.
    Globalisation tends to ebb and flood throughout history, and as the flood is rapidly receding around us the internet too may turn out to be a withering leftover of an already bygone time when the consequences of such an ebb become evident.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-12-25 at 07:52 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Blizzard should make all Dragon Mounts dragon-rideable (including detaching the Taregosa Mount). Hide it behind an achievement, make it something you have to „buy/ear“ per drake, but having those four or five mounts and maybe a couple more during the expansion is a bit silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I'm straight up jelous of people that enjoy this kinda stuff. People that can just farm mounts, sit there and farm on runescape and loving life. While the only way I enjoy games is edge of my seat stress 24/7, wiping on a boss 500 times etc.

There version of enjoying games seems way healthier.
    I'm playing for the collectibles.

My end game in legion was getting thunder Fury for my outlaw rogue. I also have the OG MC thunder Fury and BT war glaives which I use on my DH.

I'm farming all the sets I can, I farm mounts because they look cool and I switch between them.

I don't care about mythic plus or raids. I have a life outside Wow

I love when trading post arrives so I have these missions to complete which will be my end game.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    At this point why not and also put all gladiator mounts on the tradingpost or for watching 4 hours of streamers because we give out everything this exp pack for free so just remove all rare items then and break the barrier of the collecting aspact of this game.
    Corrupted Ashbringer was never obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    All these mounts no one can use this expansion because they're not dragon-ridable
    Except you can because they are usable in the Dragon Isles. I use my ground mounts a lot there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Indeed clearly all those ones with wings are nearly decorative in nature.

I assume at some point they will let us use our normal flying mounts or the Dragonriding ones. Other wise all these new flying ones make
    Zero sense even for Blizzard.
    I doubt they will add the flying animations to all the past flying mount models.

I still wish they'd stop with the mounts that have a comma in their name. Using a cast sequence mount macro doesn't work with those mounts. Yes there are other ways to do random mounts, no I don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Apart from the fact you can literally mount anything still and that these are clearly ground-mounts.

Yes the Pterodaxx with wings, and the FLYING Magenta Dragon.

clearly ground mounds......
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand the desire to collect mounts.

I'm not down on the folks that do it, more power to them for finding something they really enjoy doing, but I seriously just don't get it.
    People collect post stamps and all kind of 'useless' things irl as well.

Unlike gear, mounts don't depreciate over time. I'm not a heavy mount collector but have spent quite some time trying to get certain ones, just because they'd fit well with the class(es) I play and/or transmog I use.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

I'm not down on the folks that do it, more power to them for finding something they really enjoy doing, but I seriously just don't get it.
    Do you collect anything?
    I collect everything that can be collected in game and I'm a collector in other games AND outside of games I collect to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why assume that Blizzard wont be making them dragonriding capable? I am pretty sure they are adding them to extend the amount of dragonriding mounts.

If that is not the case then i don't understand what the point of these "Flying" mounts are because classic mounts are no longer even close to desirable now we got Dragonriding. Hell even ground mounts feel dull now.
    I prefer classic flying mounts over Dragonriding any day of the week and can't wait till they turn it back on. What dumb fuck reason they had to not have it enabled in the first place I'll never know.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm straight up jelous of people that enjoy this kinda stuff. People that can just farm mounts, sit there and farm on runescape and loving life. While the only way I enjoy games is edge of my seat stress 24/7, wiping on a boss 500 times etc.

"Healthy" is relative.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Watching nerds rage about the lack of exclusivity will never ever not be funny.

/flies away on card mount he got from twitch

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account

Horde Mount farmer!

Hi, so mount collector here. I am obsessed with collecting mounts and battle pets. I used to be a raider through Classic and Burning Crusade. Once I obtained a job that would not allow me to raid (work nights, no set schedule). I found enjoyment in other aspects of the game ie. collecting Alt's, battle pets, and mounts, achievements, and 100% completion of a zone.

It's another aspect of the game that doesn't require a schedule (other than weekly lockouts). I had 300ish attempts (across multiple characters every week farming Invincible) The sheer joy (or maybe it was just excitement that I never have to raid that zone again, but I will because I am also a completion junky, so will go back to collect that last piece of armor that hasn't dropped to 100% 25p Heroic) I experienced when she finally dropped was probably equatable to the joy someone gets when they get the rare drop from a raid boss, or they open their M+ chest on server reset.

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account

Horde Dont be...

Don't be jealous, it is very tedious and can be frustrating especially when you are 300+ attempts on a mount across all characters. Wrath expansion launched in 2008, I just finally obtained Invincible Jan 9th of this year! Sometimes, I wish I had a schedule that would allow for raiding so I could obtain the mounts when they were a 100% drop chance instead of farming them when they are a 1% drop rate :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TristanTaylor View Post
    I still wish they'd stop with the mounts that have a comma in their name. Using a cast sequence mount macro doesn't work with those mounts. Yes there are other ways to do random mounts, no I don't want to.
    Using anything besides the addon litemount is completely stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Give us the Corrupted Ashbringer.
    I have my reservations that it'll happen, but if it does I won't be opposed to it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    At this point why not and also put all gladiator mounts on the tradingpost or for watching 4 hours of streamers because we give out everything this exp pack for free so just remove all rare items then and break the barrier of the collecting aspact of this game.
    Why do you even post if everything is so negative for you?