Question Any Flame Shock dispel protection in Dragonflight?

I dont have DF so if anyone can please elaborate is there any Flame Shock dispel protection in Dragonflight for the purposes of PVP?

I did some casual PVP in SLands and it was sad how easy it was to just dispel Flame Shock, making Elemental borderline harmless.

there's been a pvp talent since 9.1, you been living under a rock or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    there's been a pvp talent since 9.1, you been living under a rock or something?
    You mean the "knock enemy up into air" talent?
    That is not gonna help with dispel protection because, you know, the shaman still has no flame shock for 6 seconds and without it the damage is poop.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    You mean the "knock enemy up into air" talent?
    That is not gonna help with dispel protection because, you know, the shaman still has no flame shock for 6 seconds and without it the damage is poop.
    The talent seems to do pretty good damage I’ve seen a healer lose 30% form dispelling and then just ignore the shocks afterwords.

Obviously won’t stop every one but it’s a good deterrence.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

In addition to Control of Lava (pvp talent) regular talent trees give access to Primordial wave, and Liquid magma totem if you wish, which both apply flame shock, and Flames of the cauldron reduces the flame shock cooldown to 4.5 seconds.
    So, flame shocks still get dispelled, but it is less punishing than ever.

So after playing some PVP in DF i gotta say the "lava kick up" after Flame Shock being dispelled is meaningless.
    The healer is stuck in Global cooldown anyway so its not like he is prevented from casting by the microsecond kick up.

This is coming from a healers perspective where i am still cautious of dispelling warlock or spriest dots, but dispelling Flame Shock is penalty free.
    The healer class i was playing (holy priest) has access to 3 dispels in pvp so... wasnt fun for the elem shamans.
    Hopefully blizzard improves this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I dont have DF so if anyone can please elaborate is there any Flame Shock dispel protection in Dragonflight for the purposes of PVP?

I did some casual PVP in SLands and it was sad how easy it was to just dispel Flame Shock, making Elemental borderline harmless.
    https://www.aoeah.com/news/1643--bes...ffle-tier-list

Ele is S tier in terms of rankings.
    Not saying that that says everything about dispelling flame shock, but it's apparantly not a noteworthy detriment to many ele players.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.