best choice for raiding?

whats the top choice or most stable build for you for raiding right now in terms of single target dps? is destruction worth it since the buff?

demo is the best lock spcc, however play whatever you like

I just decided to get DF yesterday, put my lap top in the shop

Do y’all think Destro will scale further forward in the xpac with more crit and mastery ?

Or is it just never going to compete for top ?

TBH I haven’t even seen the talent trees yet, just getting excited to play again

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    I just decided to get DF yesterday, put my lap top in the shop

Do y’all think Destro will scale further forward in the xpac with more crit and mastery ?

Or is it just never going to compete for top ?

TBH I haven’t even seen the talent trees yet, just getting excited to play again
    Destro is the worst DPS spec in the game right now, so unless Blizzard buffs it it's not going to be doing well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction class tree is absolute dogshit and anything less than completely massive buffs -or- ridiculous borrowed power in a set -or- tree rework will fix it for this expansion.

Spec is garbage tier, literally the worst spec in the game in everything.

So - avoid, unless you like gambling with bets on the underdog.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the worst spec in *absolutely* everything. There are specs that are worse in a sustained non-stacked two-target no-movement cleave fight.

Naturally, this is not very relevant as such fights do not exist in dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Destruction class tree is absolute dogshit and anything less than completely massive buffs -or- ridiculous borrowed power in a set -or- tree rework will fix it for this expansion.

Sadge… that’s what I was afraid of

I know it’s silly and stubborn, but I have refused to play demo ever since they took away Meta

Maybe the first xpac I haven’t mained warlock
    Last edited by Shiekyerbooty; 2023-01-02 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I know it’s silly and stubborn, but I have refused to play demo ever since they took away Meta

I also almost exclusively play Destruction for years and get my CEs and Famed Slayer with it.

But this is the reality - no matter how you slice the data in WCL, it's plain obvious the spec is dead last. You can't imagine how much it sucks to literally parse 100 on a boss and end up being like 5th-6th, because 100% for Destruction is 70% for just about everyone else.

So yeah, I'm flipping to Demo first time since it got gutted in WOD, because I really can't handle yet another half a year of being a meme like in Nathria.

It depends on what your goals are, and how you plan to go about them.

If your goal is to PUG your way through some upper-mid level content, play a metagame spec or prepare for misery. Lots of misery.

If you just want to do some lower-mid level content on your own or with some nice people here and there, play whatever you enjoy most.

If you want to play with a more casually oriented guild or established dungeon group, play whatever you enjoy most.

If you want to play with a more competitively oriented guild and tackle mythic raiding or do higher-level M+ keys, play a metagame spec or prepare for disappointment and people getting miffed at you holding them back.

Destro is far from impossible to play, but you have to go in with both eyes open if you choose a spec that by every relevant metric performs VERY poorly right now. It may not stay that way forever, but we can't see the future.

I also almost exclusively play Destruction for years and get my CEs and Famed Slayer with it.

But this is the reality - no matter how you slice the data in WCL, it's plain obvious the spec is dead last. You can't imagine how much it sucks to literally parse 100 on a boss and end up being like 5th-6th, because 100% for Destruction is 70% for just about everyone else.

So yeah, I'm flipping to Demo first time since it got gutted in WOD, because I really can't handle yet another half a year of being a meme like in Nathria.
    I’m a Wrath baby, my friend was playing and I saw a Felguard in SW, I asked my friend what class is that guy…. He said it was a Warlocks minion

I Played nothing but Demo from then until MOP, That’s when I fell in love with Destro too

Then WoD came… and I was raiding, we found ourselves swapping specs from week to week because of constant nerfs and buffs

TBH Wrath classic and waiting for Cata sounds good right now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It depends on what your goals are, and how you plan to go about them.

If your goal is to PUG your way through some upper-mid level content, play a metagame spec or prepare for misery. Lots of misery.

If you just want to do some lower-mid level content on your own or with some nice people here and there, play whatever you enjoy most.

If you want to play with a more casually oriented guild or established dungeon group, play whatever you enjoy most.

If you want to play with a more competitively oriented guild and tackle mythic raiding or do higher-level M+ keys, play a metagame spec or prepare for disappointment and people getting miffed at you holding them back.

Destro is far from impossible to play, but you have to go in with both eyes open if you choose a spec that by every relevant metric performs VERY poorly right now. It may not stay that way forever, but we can't see the future.
    Thank you, I probably will level my lock first no matter what

I’m just a stubborn old curmudgeon who doesn’t want to play demo
    Last edited by Shiekyerbooty; 2023-01-02 at 07:20 PM.

I have favored afflic since Ulduar. I tried and tried to be competitive in DF with afflic and the other locks just destroyed me. I consider myself a very good pve afflic player. I switched to demo which I have never played and had very little idea how to play the spec and my dps went up 5k instantly. I am starting to enjoy the spec but sure wish to have the rhythm of the afflic rotation.

Looks like those buffs are coming soon, woot

I watched a video of a guy on PTR he said Destro is sitting pretty now, and Aff is kicking butt too

If these buffs go through as they are now on PTR, Warlock will once again have 3 viable specs