Can we make the names of people reporting public?

There seems to be a trend of posters being passive aggressive to get people to react and then report them.

Is there a way to add names to the little reported mark so people can take note of who is spamming it and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    There seems to be a trend of posters being passive aggressive to get people to react and then report them.

Is there a way to add names to the little reported mark so people can take note of who is spamming it and when?
    It does feel like that's been a trend for quite some time now, but public shaming's no cure for it and might just make it worse.

Not defending the practice, mind you.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

You're acting as though half those bad actors wouldn't wear it as a badge of honor

10+ Year Old Account

Then don't react?

Of course not, nothing good will come of this. Actions are still under mods' discretion, so it'd be of no use anyway. If you want to start a feud, do it elsewhere.

that is for the moderators to handle and resolve.
    public witch hunts are always bad.

assuming MMO-C mods manually & properly reviews the reports there is no danger in being reported 999 times.
    people need to learn to not get baited into dumb arguments which results in behavior violating penalties.

getting baited into being mad and then breaking the rules is no excuse.

Why? What good would that do? What revenge would you like to be able to get against them?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Lol. So, you do realize that you are in control of your actions, right? If they were being passive aggressive about something, and then you turn around and breach ToS because you can't handle yourself accordingly, is a you problem. You know, in the real world, police don't show up pointing fingers at the house who called them on you because you were doing something against the law. Ya know, to prevent them from being harassed or targeted by you for revenge. Is this post passive aggressive? I'm trying to be as direct as possible. I wouldn't want to throw bait on the ground for you to leap at, considering the nature of this post ( okay, that part may have been passive aggressive )

That would defeat the whole point of the politics forum!

People join it expecting it to be about debate but there’s really a second level game where the denizens of the forum are just trying to trigger each other into infractions. There are lots of techniques the regulars have perfected - calling posters dishonest or a liar is not infractable but can be triggering, and also saying “if you believe this, then <insert slippery slope> you’re a <insert insult>.”

It’s not directly insulting the person, but it does a great job at getting others to say infractable things so they can feel like they won. My favorite is when I got an infraction for lying when I was telling the truth!

10+ Year Old Account

That would not be a good idea due to obvious reasons.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly doubt we would ever institute anything like this, since the only result from it is either people ignoring it, or using the information to harrass others and start feuds in private messages or in off-topic debates on the forums. Nothing good would come of it. For very similar reasons there's no name of the moderator on the infraction messages, but they are sent through an intermediary source (Scrapbot).

people who take the bait from a thread designed to bait you should be banned. people who post bait threads should be banned twice as long.

Nope. Merry Christmas!