Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaceul View Post
    Waited 40 minutes, won 5 rounds, got +10 rating.

Next

Waited 30 minutes, won 3 rounds, got +0 rating.

Next

Waited 35 minutes, won 2 rounds (enemy healer left), got +0 rating

This was on ~1800 mmr, i have no idea how people get like 2400+ rating when it is so damn hard to get positive rating even when you win 4-5 rounds
    I think that depends on the MMR of you and the others. I only played 2 solo shuffle last week for the weekly as a healer, and both times got paired with healers about 800-1000 MMR higher than me. In one we went 3-3, where I got about 240 rating, the other healer got 0. The second game was 1-5 for me, where I still got about 80, the other healer less than me. Can't remember the exact number. Seems to be a matchmaking issue, both the long waiting times, and that you were put into games with people with a lower MMR. Definitely something they have to improve.

Out of topic, though a bit related: Matchmaking is just as screwed in PvP pet battles, and there they would just have to assign a 1v1 without any constrictions on MMR. Games just don't open for a while, even if we're waiting with 4+ people in the list (tested with a few friends). If they cannot get a 1v1 / no MMR queue to work, something like 3v3 with multiple roles and MMR seems far off.
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2023-01-08 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    this kinda shows your issue. You just copy paste what people in youtube videos say without even playing the game ( Ignoring that he put 3 out of 6 healer over paladin ).

But in a normal solo shuffle lobby a paladin burns through his cds mostly because of him having to play catch up with his dds. High mobility hot healer dont have that problem.

And MW monk doesn't need to do much out play as he cant be swapped to without communication while also providing good cooldowns to stop bursts clearly visible for your dd to not overlap.

But hey if you keep wanting to make this personal instead of keeping to the topic, how about we jump into a discord call ?
    The copy paste was to actually help you, because what you were saying is wrong. You said paladin had less reason to play solo shuffle and it's simply not true. But I wasn't expecting true evidence from someone who actually knows what he's talking and has a been a pillar of the pvp community about as something that would convince you, because the truth is, nothing can convince you. You will never back down from the fact that maybe you don't know this game as much as you thought you did.

I have absolutely no interest in directing this conversation in a private matter on discord, I don't want to voice chat with you, i'm fine here where everyone can look at your post and at mine in a public way. That way people can see that what you are saying has very little credibility.

And honestly, if someone wants to make things personal here it seems to be you, you seemed very defensive and desperate from the start calling me "Mr. New account" and stuff, you don't really know what you are talking about, and it makes you upset because people don't usually call you out on it, that's all this is. I've even went so far as to look at your history of posts, and it's not the first time you had conflicts with people here because you didn't want to show your armory, and remained very close minded in your posts whenever anyone tried to tell you that you were wrong.

You don't seem to be a very reasonable person, you have very little maturity and you can't admit it when you're wrong.

Man, you're just the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRedGreenofc View Post
    The copy paste was to actually help you, because what you were saying is wrong. You said paladin had less reason to play solo shuffle and it's simply not true. But I wasn't expecting true evidence from someone who actually knows what he's talking and has a been a pillar of the pvp community about as something that would convince you, because the truth is, nothing can convince you. You will never back down from the fact that maybe you don't know this game as much as you thought you did.

I have absolutely no interest in directing this conversation in a private matter on discord, I don't want to voice chat with you, i'm fine here where everyone can look at your post and at mine in a public way. That way people can see that what you are saying has very little credibility.

And honestly, if someone wants to make things personal here it seems to be you, you seemed very defensive and desperate from the start calling me "Mr. New account" and stuff, you don't really know what you are talking about, and it makes you upset because people don't usually call you out on it, that's all this is. I've even went so far as to look at your history of posts, and it's not the first time you had conflicts with people here because you didn't want to show your armory, and remained very close minded in your posts whenever anyone tried to tell you that you were wrong.

You don't seem to be a very reasonable person, you have very little maturity and you can't admit it when you're wrong.

Man, you're just the worse.
    Alright then, you cried your heart out now. So lets move back to the topic.

I also feel like a problem is currently that healer finish their cap faster which also removes them out of the pool

1+ Year Old Account
    I just went into solo shuffle as dps because I thought I would get 200 conquest for doing all 6 rounds. NOPE. You only get conquest at all if you win all rounds, which is very hard, and considering my PVP is all solo and I'm not really a team player, that's never gonna happen for me. So that proverbial carrot on a stick just got a mile long stick.

I feel this.

I think more than anything, I'm frustrated by leavers. Healers and dps alike are getting thrown into games with folks over "1,000" rating lower than them. Now, I'm not saying I'm a god when I'm sitting at 1900/2000 MMR, but when the match gets a ret pld that is rating 672, and becomes the meme for all 6 rounds dying first every single time. Then at 4-2, I lose 56 rating points, some shit is broken.

Solo shuffle queues are long for dps for the same reason dungeon queues have always been long for dps. The dps role is a lot more popular than the healer role. There aren't enough healers, and there will never be.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2023-01-09 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    In my opinion designing the meta around 2 dps + healer has always been a failure of the pvp team.

#get-healers-out-of-pvp
    this is like the worst take ive ever seen lol

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    Problem with healing in arenas is its a lot like girls with online dating (assuming she's at least a 5). In this analogy, SF is a lot like blind dating, which removes the inherent advantage one would have to be more selective in their choice of partners. Why queue SF and get a blind date with 4 randoms when you can just hop in LFG and get tons of listings, especially if you're above a certain XP (in this analogy at least a 5) and you can get tons of people to list well above your XP. Plenty of DPS are willing to bad down on healers for a quick 'queue session', doesn't mean they're looking to be in a team with said healer, but maybe if they perform well enough it'll blossom into a team.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're 'not really a team player' then why are you trying to queue competitive 3v3??
    Because I'd like to have conquest gear for warmode and bgs like...this year, and not just rely on random bgs for the tiny bonus conquest points, while people who do solo shuffle gear up twice as fast and then "outskill" me with their much superior gear.

I don't even care about rating, just hand me those conq points.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-01-10 at 08:01 AM.

You can cap conquest in 2 days, just do the weekly quest, brawl, daily bg and ebg win. The only difference is the vault item. I went 5:0 three times today and 3 times somebody left, so I am done with solo shuffle.

The rating system in SoloQ is pathetically bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I feel this.

I think more than anything, I'm frustrated by leavers. Healers and dps alike are getting thrown into games with folks over "1,000" rating lower than them. Now, I'm not saying I'm a god when I'm sitting at 1900/2000 MMR, but when the match gets a ret pld that is rating 672, and becomes the meme for all 6 rounds dying first every single time. Then at 4-2, I lose 56 rating points, some shit is broken.
    That is so true. Or even if you're a decent player at a good MMR and you're spanked down because you don't have a 2set or 4set bonus and they do. If there is a rare mount to be gotten, I always get it. If there is a pc. of bis gear or tier pc. with bonuses, it's just not going to happen for me. They could give me 5 slots in the vault and I'd still never get tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    this is like the worst take ive ever seen lol
    2nd this. Not like 2 dps and a healer hasn't been around since burning crusade or anything

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    The rating system in SoloQ is pathetically bad.

- - - Updated - - -

That is so true. Or even if you're a decent player at a good MMR and you're spanked down because you don't have a 2set or 4set bonus and they do. If there is a rare mount to be gotten, I always get it. If there is a pc. of bis gear or tier pc. with bonuses, it's just not going to happen for me. They could give me 5 slots in the vault and I'd still never get tier gear.
    Worry not, you can soon convert your pvp items to tier anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    You can cap conquest in 2 days, just do the weekly quest, brawl, daily bg and ebg win. The only difference is the vault item. I went 5:0 three times today and 3 times somebody left, so I am done with solo shuffle.
    Leavers get punished harder now, haven't had leavers for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Worry not, you can soon convert your pvp items to tier anyway.
    Of course, great for arena. But a non-event for soloQ, if you have a bad run for w/e reason, you're buried and dead. You're not going to consistently win 6 out of 6 matches at lower lvls where there is always a really really really weak link. And even if you go on a very possible streak of winning 4 or 5 out of 6 a few times. Is it worth a 30-40min wait for what amounts to about 10-12 pts per match? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Of course, great for arena. But a non-event for soloQ, if you have a bad run for w/e reason, you're buried and dead. You're not going to consistently win 6 out of 6 matches at lower lvls where there is always a really really really weak link. And even if you go on a very possible streak of winning 4 or 5 out of 6 a few times. Is it worth a 30-40min wait for what amounts to about 10-12 pts per match? I think not.
    What class/spec and how low rating are we talking about? Most DPS specs can carry themselves quite far just by not dying and pumping out maximum damage, no crazy outplay needed.

If you go 4-2 for many games in a row your MMR should adjust way higher than your actual CR to the point where you will start to get more like 50 points per match. How much CR you get each game is determined by the MMR differences in the lobby and how far away your MMR is from your CR. If your MMR is way higher than your CR, and you win more rounds than you lose you generally get more CR for those rounds. You can even get rating if you go 3-3 if your MMR is higher than CR.

10.0.5 will improve visibility to what kind of MMR people have in a game.

Shuffle has literally taken my will to play the game at all - from having complete and utter retards running around to people with 0 rating oddly having 2k+ gear on to winning 5 matches then having some fucking retard leave to get nothing out of it has literally killed the whole game experience.

I hope people at Blizzard get laid off with the rest of the industry.
    "“I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain."

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    What class/spec and how low rating are we talking about? Most DPS specs can carry themselves quite far just by not dying and pumping out maximum damage, no crazy outplay needed.

If you go 4-2 for many games in a row your MMR should adjust way higher than your actual CR to the point where you will start to get more like 50 points per match. How much CR you get each game is determined by the MMR differences in the lobby and how far away your MMR is from your CR. If your MMR is way higher than your CR, and you win more rounds than you lose you generally get more CR for those rounds. You can even get rating if you go 3-3 if your MMR is higher than CR.

10.0.5 will improve visibility to what kind of MMR people have in a game.
    The class and spec doesn't matter unless you're part of "the God tier" and I am not. Im not a great player, not a bad player, not an average player, I am above avg. I know my limitations, I will not be a liability to any given team nor will I be able to carry a bad team.

The whole rating system is a complete and utter mess, a total catastrophe.

And, you're 100% wrong, even if you win 4 games, you can still easily lose rating and in most cases not gain rating. 3 wins is NOT giving you rating at lower ratings which is what I am talking about. Once you get beyond a certain point, you trust players know what they're doing. I agree with that, but the whole idea of getting there is another story, especially you hit a bad luck streak like I did. Part of the bad streak came from keybinds not working and a rush of Lua errors which forced me to leave and a flux of really bad players. "Go healer" and they do w/e = instant loss. The minute someone asks me - who's the target? I know they're not Xp'd cause they should know who to target, dictate a command, not a question.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I feel this.

It's worse as a healer, at least as a DPS you can go 4-2. As a healer it's guaranteed 3-3 if there is a free-kill player.

E.g. H1, H2, D1, D2, D3, D4

Round 1: H1,D1,D2 VS H2,D3,D4
    Round 2: H1,D1,D3 VS H2,D2,D4
    Round 3: H1,D1,D4 VS H2,D2,D3
    Round 4: H1,D3,D4 VS H2,D1,D2
    Round 5: H1,D2,D4 VS H2,D1,D3
    Round 6: H1,D2,D3 VS H2,D1,D4

Both healers play with each DPS 3 rounds. The DPS play with each DPS 2 rounds. If you have a mage with no enchants who doesn't invis, mount runs into the middle of the arena, doesn't have trinket set bonus and forgets what his ice block bind is, as you know, it doesn't take long for the lobby to be aware that they are a free kill and for them to get globalled the second the healer runs out of cooldowns.

In this very common scenario, the scoreboard ends:

H1 - 3 wins
    H2 - 3 wins
    D1 - 4 wins
    D2 - 4 wins
    D3 - 4 wins
    D4 - 0 wins

So while it's annoying that DPS players will get miniscule rating for 4 wins, healers can go SS after SS with 'no rating change' or losing rating for 3 wins.

I can't even consider that's confirmation bias at this point, it feels like over half the SS I'm doing have one player get focused and going 0 wins. They virtually always blame the rest of the team.

No matter how much of an arena god you are, you can not save someone who does not use defensives, or seems hell-bent on LoS'ing you and dying behind a pillar. I have lost count on the amount of players that run out of my spirit link.

The highest rated resto shaman on my realm (3279 rating) in solo shuffle (rank 2 in the world) has a 51-52% win rate over 4000+ rounds played... It's beyond frustrating.

Telling healers to 'just play DPS then' only exasperates the queue time issue that is already a problem.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2023-03-02 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    The highest rated resto shaman on my realm (3279 rating) in solo shuffle (rank 2 in the world) has a 51-52% win rate over 4000+ rounds played... It's beyond frustrating.
    I am in a small circle of distant veteran players, some of them still try to play competitively and queue this solo mode. we are constantly making fun of these friends for these exact same stats, because back in the day we would queue like 100 wins and maybe 35 losses. they turn this game into overwatch hahahhahaahahahahahahaah

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I barely play it, and only do it to fill caches. At the start I didn't even bother cause DPS queue times were just awful.

I can't imagine playing a healer in this mode. My friend does it because he has kids and has gotten 2400-3000 on basically every class and claims its about as hard as getting 1800 in 3s from previous expansions. Sometimes you go long stretches of gaining massive MMR in a short period, while the flip side is true as well. He basically got gladiator on multiple characters each season too.

Solo shuffle I just can't. I don't have the patience to grind out games. The game honestly just feels like a 3v3 taking place off an objective point in Arathi Basin lol.

It least healers dont have long queue times, so they got that going for them.