Thread: Shadow Dance

Shadow Dance

The shadow dance passive ability that is now just a talent (was abilty + talent), that reduces the cd on shadow dance is now barely working at reduced effectiveness, is this working as intended or it is a bug? did they just forget to fix it? no wonder why everyone is playing asa and no more sub, there is just no self sustainability for long arena games and/or dungeons/raids as well. is this a huge nerf to compensate that talents which favor vanish playstyle with cd reduction on vanish? what about players who play the other 2 high end talents rows?

Long ago shadow dance cd reduction was by 3 seconds / combo point spent and had 3 charges, then later reduced to just 1 sec / 1.5sec (with talent) and only 1 charge or 2 if change the whole rogue talents just for it, but now only 0.7sec / combo? is this indeed intended or forsaken ignorance? (a 2 or 3 rank dragonflight talent later adjusted to 1 rank and forgotten to be fixed?)

https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/spell=18...ws#modified-by
    Last edited by Nzembwamugumbwalchu; 2023-01-07 at 09:04 PM.

They nerfed deepening shadows on purpose during beta, first to 0.5s/combo and then increased it back to 0.7. They never really provided an explanation for that nerf.

It's super annoying because of the increased downtime it creates between dances. This is why personally I use echoing/resounding in my build, that helps both with doing damage outside dance and to reset the CD of shadow dance faster.

Perhaps they were worried that echoing reprimand being easy to spec into made deepening shadows too powerful, i don't know.

15+ Year Old Account
    all about that apm boys gotta be quick on those finishs my aoe sub spec feels fine with only 1 dance if i feel like its going to be a longer fight eg 5+ minutes just go double dance *shrug* im enjoying sub this expac probably since tomb in legion when it was at its strongest yet

humm, too much information here.