Page 1 of 43
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Leaving M+ group should give you DESERTER

    I don't understand how there are no repercussions if someone leaves the M+ group (for various reasons) and messes up someone else's key.

    In PvP if you leave nobody loses anything else but time and your spot can be replaced by someone else and you still get deserter, in M+ nothing.

    Literally, nobody is trying in M+ anymore because they don't have to. If people would get a 30 minutes deserter for leaving an M+ group, people would try harder to finish a key even if it will be depleted or barely in time.

    Is it just me, or?

  2. #2
    High Overlord lllll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    189
    Stop expecting people to stick around to carry you through a dungeon in pugs.

  3. #3
    Not sure deserter does anything. Just makes you alt+f4 and come back later. Ppl who want to leave will leave anyway.

    And I think... pvp has a guaranteed ending, one side loses. An M+ does not - the ppl may be incapable of actually finishing the dungeon. Would probably need a CD of sorts - if you spent half an hour in there already, no punishment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    Stop expecting people to stick around to carry you through a dungeon in pugs.
    I don't think it's that, I think there is a discrepancy in purpose. Some are in a key for rating, some are in a key for weekly, some are in a key to farm a specific loot piece. Ppl in the first category will leave when they deem the grp unable to finish in time, whether it's their fault or not. I have a friend who drops grps like that and he always says "don't care about your weekly". I was actually watching him on disc leave a hov after he took a ball on hyrja and died as a healer. He basically wiped the grp, left and then he got upset whispers from the party.
    So pretty sure leavers are not necessarily ppl who carry. Maybe they just think they are, but who's to say how much truth there is to that.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    Stop expecting people to stick around to carry you through a dungeon in pugs.
    This makes it sound like you think no one ever leaves groups for the most stupidest of things.

    Granted I've cut down on people who do that when I stop inviting people who are obviously far over the io score for that key and are just trying to fish for a trinket or something.

    The opposite does happen of course, people join a key thinking it will be smooth and ends up obviously being a group out of their element, but both sides have to be acknowledged.

  5. #5
    High Overlord lllll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This makes it sound like you think no one ever leaves groups for the most stupidest of things.
    I've played probably 10s of thousands of key since Legion and I've seen people leave over the most stupidest of things a handful of times.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    3,075
    Quote Originally Posted by zRares View Post
    I don't understand how there are no repercussions if someone leaves the M+ group (for various reasons) and messes up someone else's key.

    In PvP if you leave nobody loses anything else but time and your spot can be replaced by someone else and you still get deserter, in M+ nothing.

    Literally, nobody is trying in M+ anymore because they don't have to. If people would get a 30 minutes deserter for leaving an M+ group, people would try harder to finish a key even if it will be depleted or barely in time.

    Is it just me, or?
    No one is required to stick around to finish a key that is doomed to fail. I'm not about to waste 30 minutes wiping constantly for whatever reason. Should people who leave the key immediately after it starts be punished, sure. But there's so many factors that go into why someone would leave a key. They don't want to carry, don't want to deal with bad tank/heals/dps, not gonna time it etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    Stop expecting people to stick around to carry you through a dungeon in pugs.
    Blizzard just added consequences for leaving Solo Shuffle matches.

    How is that different from M+?

    You leave M+ before the dungeon ended? -100 rating each time you bail.
    Repeated offenses? Account suspension.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-01-08 at 08:10 PM.

  8. #8
    High Overlord lllll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Blizzard just added consequences for leaving Solo Shuffle matches.

    How is that different from M+?
    It's them matching you with others, not you inviting others.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    I've played probably 10s of thousands of key since Legion and I've seen people leave over the most stupidest of things a handful of times.
    You'd have to be doing like, 32 keys a week on average at least to get near that amount, around 10000 even.

    So I'm a bit skeptical admittedly, but I'll roll with it. There's a difference though between the top end players (assuming you'd be around there with that many keys) and the middle ranked players even where more wipes would probably happen despite still being able to time the key and not being carries where people would rage quit over one screws up

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral froschhure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Posts
    1,072
    no . . . . . . .
    love WoWarcraft

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    It's them matching you with others, not you inviting others.
    That makes 0 sense.

    As long as I invited people through the Group Finder, it's the same thing. Just opens 4 people to being victimized by a troll or some impatient douchebag, and there should be consequences for it. Hopefully they are coming.

    Only people disagreeing with this are the chronic leavers, and they know they would be most affected.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-01-08 at 08:13 PM.

  12. #12
    High Overlord lllll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    That makes 0 sense.

    As long as I invited people through the Group Finder, it's the same thing.
    It isn't. You can vet people before you invite them, in matchmade content you have to do with what blizzard put you with.

  13. #13
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,300
    Solo shuffles and M+ are different though. You have no control over who you get placed with in solo shuffle and currently if people abandon the match they don't really get any massive repercussions (soon to be changing). You sit in a queue for 10-40 minutes as a DPS only for one person to go 0-4, (wasting another 10 minutes of your life), only to leave because it doesn't change their actual MMR and you get nothing out of the match.

    It absolutely sucks when people abandon the key in M+ but you do have complete control over who you invite to a key. Everyone has had somebody abandon a key for really stupid reasons and you just have to live with it. You invited them and it's not like they signed a contract to stay. Do you due diligence be careful who you invite, set expectations for the group and don't hold people prisoner if they do leave. Sometimes you're going to get assholes that dip for super minor reasons, but more often than not sometimes the group leader expects people to stick around in a key that might take hours or simply not be possible because they expect others to carry themselves through it.

    I joined a CoS 17 that a feral druid was hosting (his highest was a 10) and we still timed it. He died 30 seconds into two of the bosses in there and died 10x total over the run to just standing on top the tank or getting hit by cleave effects with animations clearly on the ground. Still had three minutes left, he thanked us as the end for 'carrying' him because he felt "he was massively out of his league" (his words not mine). Now CoS is very easy by comparison, but should people be burdened to stay if the group leader has died 3x before the first boss, while also dying to the first boss in the first 30 seconds? Eh, that's tricky but the key was still going smoothly enough. Had their been a wipe prior combined with that, I wouldn't blame anybody for bouncing though.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by zRares View Post
    I don't understand how there are no repercussions if someone leaves the M+ group (for various reasons) and messes up someone else's key.

    In PvP if you leave nobody loses anything else but time and your spot can be replaced by someone else and you still get deserter, in M+ nothing.

    Literally, nobody is trying in M+ anymore because they don't have to. If people would get a 30 minutes deserter for leaving an M+ group, people would try harder to finish a key even if it will be depleted or barely in time.

    Is it just me, or?
    You should understand one thing. Social content should have social rules. Deserter - is thing for random groups, where it's devs' responsibility to provide "successful" group for you and they have tools to achieve this goal. And therefore players agree to carry other players, they've never seen and will never see again. M+ is for pre-made groups. It's group leader, who is responsible for inviting "good" players. And it's his fail, if he invites "bad" ones. And there are social ways to punish such players. Blacklist them for example. So, it's your fault, that you treat M+ as content for PUGs, i.e. random groups. When you join PUG - you automatically agree, that success isn't guaranteed. So, there is nobody else to blame, except yourself.

    What's wrong with direction of development? Inclusivity is priceless - race change for free!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    You should understand one thing. Social content should have social rules. Deserter - is thing for random groups, where it's devs' responsibility to provide "successful" group for you
    This is what happens when you conflate post count with actually knowing anything about the game. What an absolutely moronic post

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Blizzard just added consequences for leaving Solo Shuffle matches.

    How is that different from M+?

    You leave M+ before the dungeon ended? -100 rating each time you bail.
    Repeated offenses? Account suspension.
    Lmao you take a video game a fair bit more seriously than it really is, I dont even do M+ (i dont play wow anymore after this new shit expansion came out so thats one reason i dont M+) so I'm not someone that leaves runs but no one should be taking a game that seriously that they think people should get suspended for it.
    Last edited by Gamingsince1981; 2023-01-08 at 08:39 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Lmao you take a video game a fair bit more seriously than it really is, I dont even do M+ (i dont play wow anymore after this new shit expansion came out so thats one reason i dont M+) so I'm not someone that leaves runs but no one should be taking a game that seriously that they think people should get suspended for it.
    'video game a fair' no champ, his respecting his time

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Blizzard just added consequences for leaving Solo Shuffle matches.

    How is that different from M+?

    You leave M+ before the dungeon ended? -100 rating each time you bail.
    Repeated offenses? Account suspension.
    Yeah and how do you account for keys where the group decides its no longer worth the effort? The first person just has to take the hit? Stupidest idea this year bud.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Yeah and how do you account for keys where the group decides its no longer worth the effort? The first person just has to take the hit? Stupidest idea this year bud.
    Simple fix. Have a vote to quit dialogue box. And give it a cool down to initiate so clowns aren't spamming it the first then they die.

  20. #20
    High Overlord lllll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    Simple fix. Have a vote to quit dialogue box.
    "Nuh uh, I won't click it, carry me!".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •