Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Any measure of that sort would obviously be added along with a vote system where if the majority of players agree to abandon the key they can leave without any penalties.
    Inconvenience full premades and while at it, make semi-premades capable of holding people hostage.

Yeah, flawed as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying that they didn't had fun following his leave ?
    Irrelevant if they had fun or not.

You're suggesting to penalize the 5th that left.

Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    Inconvenience full premades and while at it, make semi-premades capable of holding people hostage.

Yeah, flawed as fuck.
    Two clicks for full premade and a "holding situation" much more rare that a situation where one person ruin the experience of the whole group because of its selfishness (by default since situation A include situation B). There is no system that is perfect, but those kind of ideas would definitely improve the current situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Irrelevant if they had fun or not.

You're suggesting to penalize the 5th that left.
    You're taking the example of this key like it's a dreaded situation. Therefore I'm assuming that you consider that runing a 26 hours key is not something people want. And then you're saying that they had to run a 26 hours key because someone left their key. So you're saying that people being able to quit keys bring dreaded situation that should not be experienced by players. Is that what you mean ?
    MMO Champs :

1+ Year Old Account
    a "holding situation" much more rare that a situation where one person ruin the experience of the whole group because of its selfishness (by default since situation A include situation B).
    How do you know it would be much more rare?

We've never had anything like it in WoW but judging by the amount of people who want to penalize leavers, we'd have a massive problem with people holding groups hostages.

You're taking the example of this key like it's a dreaded situation. Therefore I'm assuming that you consider that runing a 26 hours key is not something people want. And then you're saying that they had to run a 26 hours key because someone left their key. So you're saying that people being able to quit keys bring dreaded situation that should not be experienced by players. Is that what you mean ?
    Bro, what.

I get that you said english is your second language but seriously.
    Last edited by lllll; 2023-01-10 at 11:37 PM.

How do you know it would be much more rare?
    Because it's basic math :

Basically you have two sets :

Set A are the groups with 3 or 4 premade (that could theoretically "take people hostage". 5 premade are not considered because there can't be hostage situations, right ?).
    Set B are the groups with 1 or 2 people alone, or 2 people in group (that can't take people hostage but can rage quit and ruin the experience of the others).

The only thing that you have to notice is that A is included in B. Indeed : every group with 3 or 4 premade include 1 or 2 people alone or a group of 2 people (which can quit the key just as much). Therefore size(A) <= size(B), easy.

We've never had anything like it in WoW but judging by the amount of people who want to penalize leavers, we'd have a massive problem with people holding groups hostages.
    If you think that, it's likely that you are the leaver yourself.

Bro, what.

I get that you said english is your second language but seriously.
    Let's take a step back shall we : you consider that they key you took as an exemple is something that's unfun, something that you as a player would not like that have to suffer through, right ?
    MMO Champs :

Should just give them a warning (show on invite screen before inviting them) then if they continue to ditch m+'s, add more warnings so you can see how many times they have ditched the m+ group

If we’re talking about penalizing leavers, there should be a talk about penalizing people who join keys they have no business being in.

I’d rather play with people who leave for decent reasons than bad players, at least in mid level keys and higher (7+). I’m happy to help in lower keys, especially if the person who doesn’t know what they’re doing is reaching out to the group first and asking for an explanation. If I’m having to reach out and explain mechanics unprompted in a mid (7-9) key, I’m doing it as a warning that you need to listen up or I’m leaving.

It is never okay to hop in a key over 10 with people you don't know if you have no idea what you’re doing.

Something I’ve seen a frustrating amount of times this season in CoS – people dying on the first boss and claiming “they were slowed and couldn’t get out of the way of aoe”. Same thing happened last two seasons with healers in streets who were “silenced and couldn’t get out of it”
    That could mean a few things, likely some combination of
    - They’ve never done the fight before, that mechanic gets applied to every person on every attempt longer than a few seconds and it’s impossible not to notice it
    - They’re ignorant and couldn’t read the flashing warning that tells you that you’re going to need to jump to clear the debuff
    - They’ve done the fight before but was completely ignorant to the mechanic because the aoe was never under them
    - They've done the fight before, died and used the same excuse, and were too ignorant to figure out they did something wrong
    - They didn’t read the dungeon journal
    - They didn’t do any external research (watch a video, read a guide)

The only reason I haven’t immediately ditched those keys (yet) is because CoS is short, and there’s still (one) piece of gear I need out of there. Once I get that ring, and any time I’m running CoS will be for score? Why in the world does your entitled ass think you deserve an hour of my time with no benefit to me when you couldn’t spend 30 seconds to read the dungeon journal beforehand. See you later.
    Last edited by crazyman2; 2023-01-11 at 01:54 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just queue for another dungeon lol

If there is a punishment for people leaving early, then there should be a punishment for people who are trash. Being held hostage by a group of wiping noobs is my idea of hell.

Then what is it about if not if players are more interested in harder content. Can you points me toward the original comment ?

Ha yes, the return of the elitism, clearly helping your legitimacy to just discard any point of view based on an arbitrary limit that you fixes yourself only. No wonder some keys are hard to enjoy with players such as yourself.
    You have no point you want people to carry you it's really that simple. The worst thing blizz did was making the weekly key need 20 to max now whereas people before were satisfied with doing 15s everyone feels like they should be pushing to 20 and the simple truth is a lot of people flat out are not good enough to do it. I've done a 20 sbg tyrannical where we literally couldn't kill the first boss because a 400 rogue was pushing a solid 20k dps and she was enraging this was earlier in the season but still. It's a key the dude never should have been trying to do and normally he would be in the 15 range for his weekly keys but now people have to push to 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    or blizzard should do something like a debt collection type of punishment.

Say you are in a +15 key for HoV you left. Well now you are are no going to get any io socre increase or even a m+ counted towards your great vault. When you need to do clear yourself is to run another +15 for HoV once you sitck around and clear it then you are out of the red and the next m+ you do can increase3 your io and count towards your great vault.

If you left 5 dungeons well then you are going to have to make up 5 dungeons with the exact key level and the dungeon you left. This teach players not to leave and if they do the punishment is pretty harsh.

Much like a bank isn't going to loan you anymore money if you don't pay your old debt that you didn't pay on time. Only way they might let you borrow you again is if you pay off your debt.

Or blizzard can update their io or some of the warning that shows how many keys you left per week when you apply for a group. So people can decide if it is worth the risk to invite you.
    Better idea get better then people will stop leaving your groups

15+ Year Old Account
    There should be a vote to end a dungeon run that is ongoing. If you leave the group without the rest of the group agreeing - you get deserter.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitunu View Post
    This is what happens when you conflate post count with actually knowing anything about the game. What an absolutely moronic post
    This is common problem. Players ask for automating content, that is intended to be social, i.e. it should work according to "If you want better game - find friends, guild or static group. Not doing it - is your problem. If you want fully automated content with guaranteed success - play LFD.". M+ is social content and it should be socially regulated. I.e. players should communicate to agree about "rules".

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    There should be a vote to end a dungeon run that is ongoing. If you leave the group without the rest of the group agreeing - you get deserter.
    This is actually AMAZING suggestion!

But I'd also add to "vote kick" someone. Because there would be people who would simply disconnect and deplate key. Therefor, avoid voting.

Yes.

See my post about 3 abandoned keys in 30 minutes:

So we should just stand around doing nothing until we can go again?
    Why not? Why is picking the key you’re capable of doing any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Some players here must be new, because they don't remember about ninja-looting problem back in early LFD, players asking to implement strict MS>OS system and Blizzard refusing to do it for a long time due to nonsense reasons, such as mail could be upgrade for Warrior, but ending up with personal loot. Now I understand, that real reason was - they wanted to encourage players to play with friends, if they wanted to get guaranteed loot.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-01-11 at 04:00 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

This would be ideal honestly.

It lets friends just end the run if they want to just end without having some weird punishment, and also keeps it fair for pugs who mostly agree the run is over.

Simple question. Why it's so hard to use chat to simply ask other players, if they want to continue or not?

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Simple question. Why it's so hard to use chat to simply ask other players, if they want to continue or not?
    are you new here?

anyway, people that beg for deserter need to just play better so people don't leave their cursed groups.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    So all of your solutions is to allow people to leave. So what you are suggesting is Hey let's troll the group by going to the first boss to pretend I am trying and then drop the group. Now they are down one person woot woot I am brick someone's key and wasting 4 other people's time. And guest what? No punishment going my way. Or they the tanking isn't going the path I normally go. That's it I am leaving. Or simply a small argument broke out, and I left. HAHAHAH no punishment for me.

Sound like people don't want to have any punishment at all for trolling 4 other in the group. Am I the bad person now for suggesting people leaving needs some type of punishment. Is the same for solo shuffle. Blizzard is actually going to punish people who leave a solo shuffle match. Same should be done for m+.
    if you compare random matchmaking with M+ you are beyond stupid...

and yes my "solution" is dont try to fix something that isnt broken, someone leaving without genuine reason is happening VERY rarely, if you feel like its happening often to you, its not without reason, and most likely YOU ARE THE REASON
    and for the record, i didnt say im against punishing people who screwed up keys, im against punishing WHOEVER LEAVES FIRST, bcs thats "solution" that would "fix" TINY issue while creating different enormous issues, as its been said about hundred times around this thread, just bcs YOU cant see further than the tip of your nose doesnt mean others are blind to consequences...

- - - Updated - - -

And you don't tihnk that it can be linked to people like you ? Because, strangely, I've seen plenty of people "rising to the occasion" when I took the time to explain them their mistake and guide them towards the right path for them to correct those mistake. But I sure can understand that many players like you don't really have the skill to teach other and that's ok, no hard feelings mate
    no offense, but given @lllll had to tell you some things half a dozen times even provide links and you still didnt get them somehow makes me doubt you would be able to understand anything harder than LFR, let alone explain it or teach others...

The solution is simple. Implement a voting system. When 4 players vote yes to abandon the dungeon, then there is no penalty. When people vote no and a player decides to leaves. The Player gets a penalty of 45 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    Oh boy, by that logic I would essentially need to ignore 1 player per group I join.
    if you feel like there is toxic person in every group you join you are probably reason for all that toxicity...

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    Here is a decent compromise for all the dwellers here. How about we just add a visible stat to each player that shows how many times they have left a dungeon before a key has been complete? Is that a reasonable enough "social punishment" for everyone?
    as the deserter, it COMPLETELY ignores why the person left, so it would seldom even hit person responsible for key being waste of time...

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not, I'm not crazy
    you seems to be going out of your way to prove otherwise...

Why would developer want to hold innocent player a hostage? Because they don't. Developers understand that not all groups are always succesfull, and it's okay to leave groups if key isn't going anywhere.

P.S You are expected to perform when you join the key. This means you are a contributor and not soeone who's busy staring to your damage metter on second monitor. No need to catastrophize it, brush it off and go do next key.