Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Oh dear, how embarrassing. It pretty obviously was not sarcasm (and it would have made zero sense even if it was) - viewers remain entitled to read it back and form their own opinion.
    Sorry I had to mention it a couple of times, I really couldn't believe it. And now you're doubling down on it.
    It would make zero sense that I reply to an "obvious flaw", which can easily be fixed, with sarcasm? You think Blizzard not having the technology who is on who's friendlist is a reasonable statement? I was mocking your statement, but that flew right over your head. And you're wondering why I have to commit to hyperboles involving murder to get my point across.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    I don't know why you're so defensive about this.

All I've been saying was that it is okay to leave if you want to leave.
    Because if you want to leave then something is probably going poorly in the first place.
    'You' means 'a random person' in this context. Not specifically you.

I never said I'm playing perfectly.
    In fact, when I do some shitty pull/fail a pull and it goes horribly wrong I am fully prepared that people might leave.
    That's because I don't expect anything from people. Nobody owes me their time.
    So what I do is I get better so I won't be the one fucking up. Out of the 5 people in a dungeon group the only one I can control is me.

Learn to take an L.
    You're kind of missing the point here. You can't "take the L" if you haven't lost. If you agree beforehand to stay for the weekly and it isn't going horribly (can't get past a boss - 2 wipes on the same spot) it's not an L. You're here to finish the dungeon. That's you're goal. That you won't finish it in time is irrelevant. As I stated multiple times, the difference in goals is the problem.

I don't want to control other people. I just think that having a little bit more information than ilvl and rating wouldn't be a bad idea. Why are you so opposed to this? If it doesn't matter to you, you can just ignore it. If there is no problem in the current system it would be just a useless bit of additional information. But there are literally large communities to promote "no pressure" environments. I don't mind a toxic cesspool if the players are good, but I don't like seeing people quitting because of this reason. I'd like to see the M+ community to grow. Rewarding friendly behaviuor isn't the worst idea for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Archy View Post
    Sorry I had to mention it a couple of times, I really couldn't believe it. And now you're doubling down on it.
    It would make zero sense that I reply to an "obvious flaw", which can easily be fixed, with sarcasm? You think Blizzard not having the technology who is on who's friendlist is a reasonable statement? I was mocking your statement, but that flew right over your head. And you're wondering why I have to commit to hyperboles involving murder to get my point across.

You're kind of missing the point here. You can't "take the L" if you haven't lost. If you agree beforehand to stay for the weekly and it isn't going horribly (can't get past a boss - 2 wipes on the same spot) it's not an L. You're here to finish the dungeon. That's you're goal. That you won't finish it in time is irrelevant. As I stated multiple times, the difference in goals is the problem.

I don't want to control other people. I just think that having a little bit more information than ilvl and rating wouldn't be a bad idea. Why are you so opposed to this? If it doesn't matter to you, you can just ignore it. If there is no problem in the current system it would be just a useless bit of additional information. But there are literally large communities to promote "no pressure" environments. I don't mind a toxic cesspool if the players are good, but I don't like seeing people quitting because of this reason. I'd like to see the M+ community to grow. Rewarding friendly behaviuor isn't the worst idea for this.
    I'm not missing any point.
    I said, and I'll say it again: not-timing a dungeon & doing a 2 hour wipe-fest are two very different things.
    Just cuz someone joins a weekly run there is zero obligation to actually stick with it if the group is horrid. You can find another weekly run where people are not (or less) horrid easily.

You do have more information available than ilvl and rating.
    In fact, I can filter the boosted kids out pretty efficiently with everything that rio provides me.
    Nothing is 100% of course because it literally cant be. IDK what you need more information for anyway, "he left a weekly run" is pretty hard to measure with a number.

You don't want to control people but fuck they shouldn't be able to use their free will to ditch a horrible run, right?
    Alright.

I said, and I'll say it again: not-timing a dungeon & doing a 2 hour wipe-fest are two very different things.
    If you agree beforehand to stay for the weekly and it isn't going horribly...
    Why are you saying it again?

You do have more information available than ilvl and rating.
    In fact, I can filter the boosted kids out pretty efficiently with everything that rio provides me.
    Nothing is 100% of course because it literally cant be. IDK what you need more information for anyway, "he left a weekly run" is pretty hard to measure with a number.
    If you're looking into their runs on raider.io to figure out if they might be boosted, you either take it way too seriously or are not in the bracket these changes are aimed for. I'd like to meet the boosters who can time a +22 key with 4 people. Those are some hardcore people.

The "number" would be dictated by other players. There are a lot of times when leaving a key is the best thing to do. I'm not out to blanket punish everyone who leave first. You're saying that, not me. I'm for a small incentive to look out for others. It doesn't need to be a number everyone can see. A gold star next to your name, if you meet the criteria, might be an idea. Up/downvoting other people (that only you can see) and then showing those people in the groups afterwards would be anothers. As a precursor to friend/ignore list. As the ultimate solution to this problem is to have your own network of people you like to play with. Pushing this with easy UI change, that require no effort from the player isn't the worst idea in my opinion.

If you agree beforehand to stay for the weekly and it isn't going horribly...
    You don't want to control people but fuck they shouldn't be able to use their free will to ditch a horrible run, right?
    Alright.