View Poll Results: How many Augmentation Evokers will be present for the final boss of next tier?

Voters
47. This poll is closed

2 4.26%

9 19.15%

18 38.30%

10 21.28%

3 6.38%

1 2.13%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 8 or more

4 8.51%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many Augmentation Evokers will be in the World First Final Boss kill next tier?

Personally I think the class will be under or overpowered, it’s gonna be so incredibly difficult to get the tuning right on the first pass.

Something tells me world first players will find a way to min max it in ways mere mortals never could.

Also what was the last case of major class stacking for a final boss kill? 7 rogues for Mythic Kil’Jaeden?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

No more than three?

Honestly from what i've seen they might be in the right track with this one. I'm sure they'll have to do some tunning, but i don't expect them to be overpowered, at least not in terms of damage (self damage + buffed damage), although certain encounters might benefit from having more than one in terms of utility.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Also what was the last case of major class stacking for a final boss kill? 7 rogues for Mythic Kil’Jaeden?
    Cata Nefarian 10+ Feral Druids

Poll is completely nonsensical since there would never be a reason to have more than 3 in mythic progress. Like at least do a tiny bit of research before making a thread like this.

Ceiling is 3, floor is 0, more likely than not it ends up being 1-2 since they have an entire .5 patch to balance it before the next raid.

This poll going all the way up to 8 when in a 20 man raid the spec has serious diminishing returns past 3, nobody gives a fuck about buffing healers and tanks and you certainly aren't dropping a real dps to do so. Facepalm worthy.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-07-08 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infragtes90 View Post
    Cata Nefarian 10+ Feral Druids
    So with Cata classic potentially on the horizon, I forget if that was a bug that only existed at the time or if that was an intended part of how the fight worked that just really really benefited cats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Honestly from what i've seen they might be in the right track with this one. I'm sure they'll have to do some tunning, but i don't expect them to be overpowered, at least not in terms of damage (self damage + buffed damage), although certain encounters might benefit from having more than one in terms of utility.
    The thing that I'm expecting is that there'll be some phase that's a really tight DPS check and clever use of Evokers and other CDs will give them an edge. But then again I don't know many ... or really any of the details of how Augmentation actually works.

Although I started playing my preservation evoker at level 61 the other day, they're really fun and IMO very complicated. Lots of CDs of varying length.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Poll is completely nonsensical since there would never be a reason to have more than 3 in mythic progress. Like at least do a tiny bit of research before making a thread like this.

Ceiling is 3, floor is 0, more likely than not it ends up being 1-2 since they have an entire .5 patch to balance it before the next raid.

This poll going all the way up to 8 when in a 20 man raid the spec has serious diminishing returns past 3, nobody gives a fuck about buffing healers and tanks and you certainly aren't dropping a real dps to do so. Facepalm worthy.
    Eh don't take it so seriously, obviously this is kind of a fluff post as we're talking about how a class that doesn't exist yet will perform in a raid that also doesn't exist yet.

I write a lot of polls on mmo-champ and the one thing that consistently gives me trouble is coming up with reasonable poll options. Sometimes I get it right, like I correctly guessed that Ragnaros would go down in the first reset (barely). But other times I totally miss because there's some speedrunning strat...like I thought Sartharion + 3 was super super hard and that it would take weeks of farming gear before it was possible. I think it was done like 10 minutes after the raid went live?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

7+ Year Old Account
    All of them.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I would say 2 with the possibility of them being the only Evoker specs in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I would say 2 with the possibility of them being the only Evoker specs in the raid.
    Could be but it won't have anything to do with dev or pres not being taken if they aren't. Dev and Pres are gonna be taken if their throughput is up to par needed for the race, pres was in season 1, dev in season 2. Aug doesn't change anything for them, they will just be in addition to any other evoker specs worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    If I've learned anything from cooldown reduction trinkets over the years, they make up a huge portion of added dps and the fact that the spec brings cooldown reduction that players can control who gets it is going to be HUGE
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I'm genuinly surprised there is no "Yes" answer in the poll

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    It will be zero, one or three but not two.

I voted for "8 or more* because I'm an agent of chaos.

Right now there is no cap on how many Evokers can buff a single person, this means right now you can go into a raid, have 28 Augment Evokers buff 2 people and make them literal gods, they will then proceed to kill the boss in about 30 seconds.
    Obviously adjust the numbers to fit Mythic, but the point remains.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I voted for "8 or more* because I'm an agent of chaos.

Obviously adjust the numbers to fit Mythic, but the point remains.
    Eh. I'd imagine any guild that goes into Mythic with that particular strat would get a Blizzard-approved time-out almost immediately. I'd be hella disappointed if it went live like this.

1+ Year Old Account
    9001 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Eh. I'd imagine any guild that goes into Mythic with that particular strat would get a Blizzard-approved time-out almost immediately. I'd be hella disappointed if it went live like this.
    I think they'd hotfix the boss immediately upon attempt, but I can't see them handing out punishment for class stacking buffs.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I think they'd hotfix the boss immediately upon attempt, but I can't see them handing out punishment for class stacking buffs.
    If it's a Heroic run I doubt they'd care but Blizzard is kinda iffy about that stuff in Mythic raids. (See: The recent Monk tier bug.)

Exactly 2500 Augmentation Evokers. Fewer would be inadequate. More would be absurd!

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    Exactly 2500 Augmentation Evokers. Fewer would be inadequate. More would be absurd!
    But then they down the boss with 2 and go "Whoops, we miscalculated. Let's not speak of this again."

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    It’s funny but that mentality is super prevalent in the game with “Anyone that plays more than me is a basement-dwelling neckbeard virgin” anyone that plays less is a “filthy casual that needs to L2play.”