Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Alecazam View Post
    So no more chinese new year 6 month sub mounts?
    Those mounts are nothing to do with China, and everything to do with "Hey look we can use a big holiday to push a promotion"

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title.

    Blizzard and NetEase right now are blaming each other for the end of their partnership and in the last days one company is accusing the other of wrongdoings. From this point on it just seems to get worse and worse and there are millions of players in China that are just cut off from Blizzard games in general.

    How do you think all of this will continue and how big of an impact will this be for Blizzard in general and for WoW's future?
    Short term? Massive... long term? Not a big deal, especially to Microsoft, who has a LOT of leverage on China and Chinese companies so I would expect a quick resolution to the issue once the takeover is official.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You will have to forgive me if I don't trust a twitter post from a random Chinese person.
    It gets even better, the proof only comes from the official newspaper of the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    https://pandaily.com/blizzard-requir...e-sources-say/

    story tldr from cn side: kotick wanted 2year payment ahead of time to prop up balance sheet for acquisition, netease said lol no. Then asked for 6months to find replacement for them and so they said gtfo.

    Explains why they would be really mad and do the whole livestream trash blizz action.
    No no, Blizzard is NOT AT FAULT!!!! It's the evil Chinese government, company or whatever. Some people will shill for this company anyway, it's ridiculous.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Short term? Massive... long term? Not a big deal, especially to Microsoft, who has a LOT of leverage on China and Chinese companies so I would expect a quick resolution to the issue once the takeover is official.
    As much as I hope the acquistion goes through, at the moment I am doubtful it will be the case.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  5. #165
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,502
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's real enough that the whole process of scientific research is designed to circumvent it. And it still crops up there.

    I don't doubt Bobby is a greedy bastard, but this claim of wanting 2 years revenue upfront ist just way to absurd to be accepted without serious evidence.
    Really? I honestly don't see it as that absurd, not for a licensing fee and especially given it is a foreign market. It secures the committment and removes exchange rate uncertainty. If NetEase does not have the cash on hand, they can easily finance it. I honestly don't see what is wrong with asking for this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    https://pandaily.com/blizzard-requir...e-sources-say/

    story tldr from cn side: kotick wanted 2year payment ahead of time to prop up balance sheet for acquisition, netease said lol no. Then asked for 6months to find replacement for them and so they said gtfo.

    Explains why they would be really mad and do the whole livestream trash blizz action.
    The prepayment does not prop up the balance sheet though, it's just a liability for blizzard. The cash asset is not really desirable for acquisitions. I could see it being USEFUL if there is a case of currency rate matching in cash flows.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-01-30 at 09:42 AM.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No no, Blizzard is NOT AT FAULT!!!! It's the evil Chinese government, company or whatever. Some people will shill for this company anyway, it's ridiculous.

    - - - Updated - - -



    As much as I hope the acquistion goes through, at the moment I am doubtful it will be the case.
    So... you are saying dictatorships are a good thing?
    In normal countries, companies can do business. They are not forced to finance a 3rd party so the government can censorship, steal copyright and exert control over what the population is doing. I would argue you are shilling and it's a much more dangerous chilling.

  7. #167
    I heard it is not just World of Warcraft.
    All Blizzard games are gone in China, including Diablo, Hearthstone, Starcraft.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No no, Blizzard is NOT AT FAULT!!!! It's the evil Chinese government, company or whatever. Some people will shill for this company.
    Imagine unironically defending China to dab on Blizzard. We get it, Blizzard is terrible -- but I am not going to immediately trust the sole proof coming from directly the CCP's mouth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •