Is Multiple Resto Druids In A Raid Team Bad?

In my raid our one resto druid keeps telling the raid lead that there is a DR when more that one druid healer throws the same hot on a player. is this true or is she full of it?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyman89 View Post
    In my raid our one resto druid keeps telling the raid lead that there is a DR when more that one druid healer throws the same hot on a player. is this true or is she full of it?
    You can have mutiple hots on the same targets no problems, some of those may go to overhealing however, if DR were the case there wouldnt be 2 druids in any raid, its good to have different healers in a team but unless you are pushing cutting edge content it doesnt matter.

Healers can use addons to track hots on raid members and choose not to put more hots on certain targets that would be wasted on.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean my raid has 3 druids so no you're fine.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not an issue really. The only issue with Druid HOTs is that they don't prevent damage, so it's nice to have a variety of healers, especially Disc Priests and Shamans (Shields/Earth Wall etc). Healer variety is nice, in our Guild we have practically everything (Paladin/Shaman/Evoker/Druid/Monk/Priest). Each healer also provides different types of utility which can be more valuable depending on the situation and movement required.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

There is no "same effect" reduction in the game when it comes to heals no.

I really love games

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody's just flat out lying to your raid leader.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyman89 View Post
    Yeah, that is complete bullshit. Maybe she is coming from Classic and thinks there is a limit on buffs on a player or something?

There are upsides to running different healers. For example, some are pro-active (Druids, Evokers, Monks), while others are reactive (Priest, Pala and so on). The cooperation of both styles leads to a very smooth dealing with burst damage, since it is healed from both ends so to speak. But there is no downside for running the same healer.

If overhealing becomes too high then it is an indication that you need less healers in general and one can go dps, there is no point to run more healers then are needed to fill people health bars. Healing Needed is very much a finite amount.