Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Modern survival has its place. Especially in pvp. If they were to bring back old survival I'd much rather see them do it by allowing the playstyle within another tree or even by just going the druid route by giving them a 4th spec. Call it Ranger or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    The big mistake here wasn't giving hunters a melee spec
    Nah that really was the mistake. Any attempt at melee Hunter would have ended up being disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa-fm View Post
    To have three similar range specs makes no sense at all. It was OK for times when you were able to play hybrid. But today... the melee fits fantastic.
    "Why have 3 ranged specs when you can arbitrarily cripple one of them and make no one want to play it? It fits fantastic!"

Smartest SV enjoyer

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Survival is one of the better specs currenty.

It is in the top portion of the 50% for heroic which is where you need to get your data from.

The vast majority of raiders run only up to heroic and you want the median % which is the 50%. Survival is near the top 3.

Never use mythic raiding as a metric as only 1% of players run mythic at any point. It is much to small a sample size to use. Whereas about 40% run lfr/normal and the other 59% run heroic.
    You try to come across as someone who's good at interpreting the data but you evidently don't have a clue.

You're not even talking about parse count which is what Subrias was talking about. Obviously tuning is independent of being ranged or melee. We all know that. They could buff SV by 200% tomorrow and make it the very best at everything. However what SV has is low representation. Subrias even points out that the spec has good performance so you can't use that as an excuse. You, being the prodigy that you are, read that and thought "hmm, he must be denying that SV performs well, I better put a stop to that!".

So the next time you want to try to be clever in a thread about logs and representation you should maybe ensure you're even reading what you're responding to before posting something like this and embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilookfly View Post
    Modern survival has its place. Especially in pvp.
    What does modern Survival bring to the class that can't be achieved with a hypothetical ranged Survival?

It's far from even being the most played Hunter spec in PvP so using that as an excuse to say melee SV has its place is an incredibly lame argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's one ranged weapon class, which means that there used to be 3 total ranged weapon specs in the entire game. Saying "One class doesn't need 3 ranged specs" is silly when it's the only class with ranged weapon specs. The game needs another ranged weapon spec far more than it needs yet another melee spec.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    Bliz needs to just make survival into a ranged spec again. In heroic Vault, Survial has 10k parses which is over 1/20th of the parses of BM (220k) and MM (260k) over the last 2 weeks. It has the lowest number of parses per spec in the game with the next one being fire mage at 22k which is over double what SV is. You cant even argue that the damage is why noone plays it. The damage is about the same as BM is and is hovering around the middle of the pack. the reason is just that people who play hunter (for the most part) don't want to play a melee character.
    that would require blizzard to admit they were wrong and they rather die on the meele surv hill than making it a ranged specc again. not to mention hunter design been absolute garbage ever since legion for all 3 speccs and they dont seem inclined to listen to hunter feedback either for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno but I enjoy survival. Granted not bleeding edge and it’s my alt but I’ve never thought it felt bad. I honestly think the bomb idea could be cool if more was done for it. I get the argument though I do miss old survival and it’s hard to justify it over a rogue or any melee really. Almost seems like they should make it a fourth spec as someone mentioned.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

Oh god another Bepples inspired whine thread about one of the greatest and most fun specs in the Game

cant you stick to the WoW forums ?

The best defense they can offer msv right there. No substance, arguments or data. Statements drenched in subjectivity, falsehoods and attacks. Pathetic.
    Msv came at the highest cost conceivable and failed by any objective standard, metric or rational logic you apply. Only a fool can reach a different conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by hzjf View Post
    Oh god another Bepples inspired whine thread about one of the greatest and most fun specs in the Game

cant you stick to the WoW forums ?
    If it were the greatest and most fun spec more people would play it.

I'm absolutely pumping right now with SV and have a ton of playing it, TBH. With 4-piece, it could easily make it into top A and maybe S tier by the end of the season.

People are sleeping on it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by fllop View Post
    I'm absolutely pumping right now with SV and have a ton of playing it, TBH. With 4-piece, it could easily make it into top A and maybe S tier by the end of the season.

People are sleeping on it right now.
    Performance is not the reason people aren't playing it.

Bring back MOP survival Hunter. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Bring back MOP survival Hunter. End of discussion.
    That would be the one things that would even make me think about re-subbing.

I heard SV had a really clunky rotation, is that still the case?

While I can understand why players may not want to play a melee spec, this is generally an issue that can be alleviated with more interesting and rewarding mechanics within the spec. Unfortunately, in the case of Survival, the changes to the spec have not been well received and the problem is likely to remain unless Blizzard makes some meaningful changes. I'm not sure if reverting it back to a ranged spec is the answer, but some more interesting and rewarding mechanics may give players the incentive to try it out and potentially stay.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    I heard SV had a really clunky rotation, is that still the case?
    Depends no the talents you pick. It can be bloaty and clunky, but it can also be butter smooth.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Now that support roles are a thing, bring back RSV with stuff like Expose Weakness
    https://huntercalculator.firebaseapp.com/ classic hunter damage calculator

10+ Year Old Account
    I been playing a hunter since Vanilla, I stopped after Legion. The last time I enjoyed hunter in general was in Cata. I am not a fan of them removing the quivers, removing the main hand melee weapons slots, and the dead zone (Yes I loved the dead zone shit. Fight me), Also I hate how hunter guns now sound like pee-shooters... I miss the BANG BANG sounds. Or at least blizzard should make it a toggle to turn on and off.

But it isnt all doom and gloom, things I did enjoy were the move while auto shooting addage. and the focus instead of mana mechanic. And... I actually was a fan of Survival being a melee only spec.. although I do feel maybe it could have been executed better than it was. Still using melee and ranged. But be like more melee than ranged. also wouldn't it make more sense that Beastmaster should be a melee spec, since Rexaar is a Beastmaster? Maybe it makes sense that survival should be ranged? I dunno?

Hunter feel so boring to play now though, (maybe I am just some gamer boomer) Hunter was the class that really made me take off in the game 'what I can play as a dwarf marksman (basically from warcraft 3), holy shit this is awesome, and I can have a bear pet?'
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-07-10 at 11:01 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

My "I still say add OG survival as a fourth spec" post
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Survi has been melee for almost 7 years now. It is time to accept it will stay that way.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    Doesn't that just kind of prove my point though? It got massive backlash when they announced they were going to make it mele and it has pretty much always been one of the lowest played specs in the game. I also tried it when it became a melee spec. it was fun, but i didnt want to play a melee character. I sadly also dont like the other 2 ranged specs any more. I never really liked the idea of relying on my pet to do a lot of my damage and if i wanted to sit still and cast an ability (aimed shot) i would play a caster (which i dont do becasue i dont like casting). I liked Survival during cata and mop because it was mobile and i didnt have to just plant myself.
    i liked cata surv also,i wish they could just do what arpgs do and allow completly different playstyles in the same spec,like marksman could have all the old survival stuff,you pick a path,you either go aimed shot marksman with the sniper playstyle,or you go the magic dot marksman style,the new talent trees are actualy perfect to implement this with different branching paths in the same talent tree,they could also make gladiator warriors a thing this way,or a dps focused bear
    Last edited by deenman; 2023-07-10 at 11:26 AM.