Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Mate really gunna keep fucking saying gnolls have sideway facing eyes...

bro, they front facing...
    Just because you can see them from a fontal view doesn't mean they are front facing. Do you know how eyes work mate.

See horses.

It's also funny how of all the things listed about the old model you can only argue about eye positioning, or how so far you've avoided talking about the comparison picture posted by @Kralljin.
    Last edited by Clone; 2023-02-28 at 12:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Just because you can see them from a fontal view doesn't mean they are front facing. Do you know how eyes work mate.

See horses.

It's also funny how of all the things listed about the old model you can only argue about eye positioning, or how so far you've avoided talking about the comparison picture posted by @Kralljin.
    Oh I see you just don't know what front facing versus side facing eyes means good to know.
    also I am not "only able to argue about eye position" it is just the most stupid thing to say, so I am laughing at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I see you just don't know what front facing versus side facing eyes means good to know.
    also I am not "only able to argue about eye position" it is just the most stupid thing to say, so I am laughing at it.
    Nah, sounds like you just don't have an argument. It's not the first time I've seen you do this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, sounds like you just don't have an argument. It's not the first time I've seen you do this.
    I do you don't know how eyes work. Hyena have forward facing eyes, as do the gnolls. Our eyes are also front facing, but you can see them from the side, does that mean they are side facing? No.

Predators have forward facing eyes, as do the gnolls. Prey have side facing eyes. Like horses. Horses eyes can also be seen from the front. And the side, but the difference is how wide their cone of vision is, and if they have peripheral vision or not.

As humans, we have forward facing eyes ,meaning we can only see about 180 degrees, however we have a very good peripheral vision, letting us gage distance well, something super important when hunting. Which is why hyena also have such. And why they like any other canine, has forward facing eyes.

And again, there is much more to talk about, but the fact you compare gnolls to horses and say ",gnolls have side eyes like many animals" proves you don't know how eye placement works or why it's important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do you don't know how eyes work. Hyena have forward facing eyes, as do the gnolls. Our eyes are also front facing, but you can see them from the side, does that mean they are side facing? No.

Predators have forward facing eyes, as do the gnolls. Prey have side facing eyes. Like horses. Horses eyes can also be seen from the front. And the side, but the difference is how wide their cone of vision is, and if they have peripheral vision or not.

As humans, we have forward facing eyes ,meaning we can only see about 180 degrees, however we have a very good peripheral vision, letting us gage distance well, something super important when hunting. Which is why hyena also have such. And why they like any other canine, has forward facing eyes.

And again, there is much more to talk about, but the fact you compare gnolls to horses and say ",gnolls have side eyes like many animals" proves you don't know how eye placement works or why it's important.
    We've already established that gnolls and WoW hyenas don't have the same anatomy as real life hyenas. Feel free to point out where real life hyenas have giant hunchback.

By the way, predator dinosaurs have side facing eyes, so do frogs.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've already established that gnolls and WoW hyenas don't have the same anatomy as real life hyenas. Feel free to point out where real life hyenas have giant hunchback.

Frogs definitely do not have side facing eyes, and neither did all predatory dinosaurs. In fact, frontal binocular eyes is THE defining trait of almost all multicellular predatory organisms. Without it, an organism doesn't have depth perception and thus cannot actively persue prey effectively.

It's pretty hilarious to go from gnolls/hyenas to dinosaurs and frogs and still be wrong.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

7+ Year Old Account

But theropods, including tyranosaurs such as the famous T-rex, had forward-facing eyes. This gave them a high degree of binocular field of view. This means that tyrannosaurs would have had excellent depth perception to estimate the distance to prey and the timing of their attack.

come on man... this is just fucking sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Dragonflight is literally full of Pixar crap ripoffs. If you quested through this expac you can’t seriously tell me it wasn’t intentionally dumbed down to some dumbdumb friendly pile of happy rainbow sunshine friendship land. It’s nauseating, especially the voice acting. My god every time I fly over one of those Instagram river raft world quests and hear that blood elf talking about “fluffy animals” I lose 10 brain cells
    This lol. Plus the "social contract." Can't even offer nice critiques if you try and help someone in GF without getting kicked, so might as well just tell them they suck. The game is annoyingly G rated now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Frogs definitely do not have side facing eyes, and neither did all predatory dinosaurs. In fact, frontal binocular eyes is THE defining trait of almost all multicellular predatory organisms. Without it, an organism doesn't have depth perception and thus cannot actively persue prey effectively.

It's pretty hilarious to go from gnolls/hyenas to dinosaurs and frogs and still be wrong.
    They definitely do. But sure, not all predatory dinosaurs have side facing eyes, same with modern animals. Thanks for agreeing with me.
    But theropods, including tyranosaurs such as the famous T-rex, had forward-facing eyes. This gave them a high degree of binocular field of view. This means that tyrannosaurs would have had excellent depth perception to estimate the distance to prey and the timing of their attack.

come on man... this is just fucking sad.
    Nice try. This is from the same article you quoted from.
    Franç​ois Therrien, the Curator of Dinosaur Palaeoecology at The Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta, says that most meat-eating dinosaurs known as theropods, had laterally positioned eyes, but not all of them.
    https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/july...head-1.4744856

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicawesomestmaximus View Post
    This lol. Plus the "social contract." Can't even offer nice critiques if you try and help someone in GF without getting kicked, so might as well just tell them they suck. The game is annoyingly G rated now.
    Thing is, you can't really have a nice community when your game is structured around competitivity, and not just in PvP where it would be granted, but also in PvE, and increasingly so. No amount of social contracts is going to change that.

7+ Year Old Account
    They definitely do. But sure, not all predatory dinosaurs have side facing eyes, same with modern animals. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Nice try. This is from the same article you quoted from.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/july...head-1.4744856

Franç​ois Therrien, the Curator of Dinosaur Palaeoecology at The Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta, says that most meat-eating dinosaurs known as theropods, had laterally positioned eyes, but not all of them.
    Love how you tried to cherry pick from the sentence that literally confirms you wrong.
    Dude really here saying "Yeah but predator dinosaurs had side facing eyes!"
    Then when shown proof he was wrong posted an article literally confirming "MOST MEAT EATING DINOSAURS HAD FORWARD FACING EYES"

Awww man you were so right to say "X has Y" to then prove "Almost all X have Y"

Come on dude, this is a fucking clown show. You were wrong, just admit it, and stop dying on this hill over and over and over.
    The Gnolls like hyena have forward facing eyes.
    Meat eaters almost entirely have forward facing eyes, dinsoaurs included, yes there is always exceptions, like how birds have wings so they can fly, of course that is true, until you remember the countless birds that can't fly, so is it suddenly wrong to say "Birds have wings so they can fly"

Mate like come on seriously. You were wrong, just sit with it. Like I don't even remember how we got on this argument, but the fact you are so concrete on an easily provable statement and doing the best you can to try and die on a hill that you are blatantly incorrect on is just too appauling to ignore, nevermind the fact you just keep adding more and more and more incorrect statements is... so funny.

Highly reccomend you stop wasting your time trying to make up shit and cherry pick to make up your own facts, and instead study some basic biology.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2023-03-05 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love how you tried to cherry pick from the sentence that literally confirms you wrong.
    Dude really here saying "Yeah but predator dinosaurs had side facing eyes!"
    Then when shown proof he was wrong posted an article literally confirming "MOST MEAT EATING DINOSAURS HAD FORWARD FACING EYES"

Awww man you were so right to say "X has Y" to then prove "Almost all X have Y"

Come on dude, this is a fucking clown show. You were wrong, just admit it, and stop dying on this hill over and over and over.
    The Gnolls like hyena have forward facing eyes.
    Meat eaters almost entirely have forward facing eyes, dinsoaurs included, yes there is always exceptions, like how birds have wings so they can fly, of course that is true, until you remember the countless birds that can't fly, so is it suddenly wrong to say "Birds have wings so they can fly"

Mate like come on seriously. You were wrong, just sit with it. Like I don't even remember how we got on this argument, but the fact you are so concrete on an easily provable statement and doing the best you can to try and die on a hill that you are blatantly incorrect on is just too appauling to ignore, nevermind the fact you just keep adding more and more and more incorrect statements is... so funny.

Highly reccomend you stop wasting your time trying to make up shit and cherry pick to make up your own facts, and instead study some basic biology.
    Cherry pick? lol like how you did when your initial claim was that predators=definitely front facing eyes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cherry pick? lol like how you did when your initial claim was that predators=definitely front facing eyes.
    Man next you gunna say Birds can't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The "Wacky Races" from the late '60s.

I thought Penelope Pitstop looked "interesting"
    If I may dare, one the best cartoons ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't know how people could look at the art Samwise did for these games, or click on a peon a few times and hear its silly voice lines, and think that this series is some grimdark fantasy. Warcraft has always counterbalanced whatever darker tones it has with bright, colorful, and cartoony characters, scenery, and dialogue.

DF is really no different tonally from anything that's come before, apart from generally having a bit more of a chill adventuring vibe compared to some of the more recent storylines focused on world-ending threats.
    You mean the guy who was the art director for WarCraft 3 and is responsible for these...

...and whose dragon artworks look like these?

This is just some ridiculous gaslighting if you are trying to make the argument that it's "always been this way". The way dragons are depicted in modern WoW looks nothing like Samwise's art. Heck, they don't even look like they did back in Vanilla, which had a lot more reptilian designs and were far less anthropomorphised. Not to mention that Samwise wasn't the art director for WoW back in Vanilla.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2023-03-05 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can definitely see you claim that all birds can fly cuz wings.

major "fruit, tits" vibes itt.
    except that here it's driven not by artlessness, but instead by the desire to protect the notion that the egg's not rotten and their enjoyment of the game isn't based on self-delusion.

The majority of birds native to NZ, famous for its bird life, are flightless, or don't fly even when threatened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The majority of birds native to NZ, famous for its bird life, are flightless, or don't fly even when threatened.
    I know, that was the point though, most birds do fly.
    So if someone said "Birds fly with their wings"
    Would you then go "Actually no Birds do not fly with their wings."

Would you? Cause that is what clone did with Gnolls eyes being forward facing.

I think this topic is well past dead though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, that was the point though, most birds do fly.
    So if someone said "Birds fly with their wings"
    Would you then go "Actually no Birds do not fly with their wings."

Would you? Cause that is what clone did with Gnolls eyes being forward facing.

I think this topic is well past dead though.
    You are still on that gnoll shit? We've established that gnolls and hyenas in WoW don't follow real life anatomy, and you have yet produce any claim they do this whole time.
    Last edited by Clone; 2023-03-06 at 01:06 AM.