Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has always been trying to emulate Disney. The two companies' themes go hand in hand.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean they're not censoring skulls like in china... did you miss the baby gnoll sacrifice for alchemy knowledge on launch? Whenever they do something badass people is up in arms about it, with some extremely vocal all dependent on their moodswings.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    FP just can't help having her analogies continually backfiring on her lol.
    Tbf, all analogies are shit and can be picked apart. They only serve to distract from a weak argument.

This idiotic wholesome woke mafia will gatekeep this game (Retail) until like a thousand people are left playing. Literally any criticism against this "direction" anywhere is immediately deleted, unbelievable. It's a tragedy witnessing what's happening to Warcraft. I had to register an account here to just write this because it really is heartbreaking.

This is like some advanced form of sabotage.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoon View Post
    This idiotic wholesome woke mafia will gatekeep this game (Retail) until like a thousand people are left playing. Literally any criticism against this "direction" anywhere is immediately deleted, unbelievable. It's a tragedy witnessing what's happening to Warcraft. I had to register an account here to just write this because it really is heartbreaking.

This is like some advanced form of sabotage.
    You had to make an account to post nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'm sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoon View Post
    This idiotic wholesome woke mafia will gatekeep this game (Retail) until like a thousand people are left playing.
    Among all the possible criticisms to the game, did you really make an account just to rant about a "woke mafia"? Probably the legendary "gay lobby" is one of the core departments of said mafia, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Too much a coward to do it on their main account.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Cherry pick? lol like how you did when your initial claim was that predators=definitely front facing eyes.
    bad troll..

15+ Year Old Account
    The game is bad. It's constantly rehashing content just with some small story continuation. But it's basically giving you the same characters/monsters over and over that look exactly the same with each expansion. It's like watching a drama tv show because you're used to it.

WoW has to die and spawn another MMORPG. Blizzard just doesn't have balls to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    WoW has to die and spawn another MMORPG. Blizzard just doesn't have balls to end it.
    I don't think I would start another mmo, especially(?) from blizzard.
    i have 36.3k achieve points 1500+ pets, god knows how many toys, stopped counting in wod, mounts too.

Also I don't think wow would ever fully die on it's own. It would sooner become unsustainable to develop but a couple hundred thousand people would still play even if the next raid tier would be the stormwind training dummies.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Blizzard has always been trying to emulate Disney. The two companies' themes go hand in hand.
    Tbh Bwonsamdi is pretty much Dr. Facilier but in troll form. He's also pretty 'cuddly' for what kind of Loa he's supposed to be.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

While current wow is very polished, its incredibly disney-like and cringy.

Its nothing like the mysterious classic, which we have for a reason.

Now..WE might never know if vanilla devs didint go full disney if they couldnt or they actually did not want to..But one thing is for sure, sometimes less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Now we know why:

Now look at WoD times:

Two women artists, two completely different artstyles.
    I, personally, prefer this one.

"bUt wOW wAs AlWAyS CaRtOoNy" says people who likely haven't played much of Warcraft aside from the recent expansions. There was a measured amount of grit in old Warcraft that balanced out the tone. Nowadays I cannot take anything with a drop of care since nu-Blizzard doesn't care for anything but le heckin' affirming and wholesome pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    "bUt wOW wAs AlWAyS CaRtOoNy" says people who likely haven't played much of Warcraft aside from the recent expansions. There was a measured amount of grit in old Warcraft that balanced out the tone. Nowadays I cannot take anything with a drop of care since nu-Blizzard doesn't care for anything but le heckin' affirming and wholesome pandering.
    You clearly are triggered by WoW......

But it has not changed. You say its affirming and wholesome.
    That its to friendly.
    Lets look at this expansion.

- Killing of babies ( dragon eggs)
    - killing of dragons ( aspect ones) corpses being hanged/lying around obsiadan palace. dragons who have humanoid forms btw.
    - murder of clans
    - or the little gnoll story
    - or the child who lost her parents and you avenge them by "killing" a yeti. Yes its wholesome how the yeti acts. But stilll.....we are helping a war orphan...

not kiddy at all. and these are some of the stuff.

As for art style etc....it has been update. But its still the same. Yes old gnolls or ( insert anything here) looks more gnarly...thats because of the limitations of the game back then. The style is still the same.

And people likely havent play warcraft since recent expansions...
    when was WoW hardcore, 16+ game ? please show expansion. give example's of graphic death ingame.

in recent WoW years we have had:
    - mass murder
    - genocide
    - torture
    - corpes lying around stacked piles on piles of them
    - corruption
    - child abduction
    - organs sacrifice...hell garrash used a gaint as heart in MoP......
    - weapons of mass destruction
    - assault of cities and burning them to the ground ( teldrassil) while people still inside
    - death camps in darkshore?
    - a whole freaking expansion in the afterlive. With enough gore for several expansions.

So.......proof your point. show us examples. i have given plenty here. Its your opinion that has changed. The game has pretty much been the same. They just covered up some of the ladys breasts and made some of them smaller. Wooptie freaking doo. think you are one of those who has been brainwashed into thinking everything has gone woke/leftish/sjw.

Now if you say diablo 3...then i would agree. But then comes a long diablo 4 and proves you wrong agian that blizzard has gone soft.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because of a COMMUNITY artist? You know blizzard used to have a fan art section on there site filled with kid esc comics right?

also there art seems pretty great.

- - - Updated - - -

Two women artists, two completely different artstyles.
    I, personally, prefer this one.
    Meggoart doesn't work at blizzard you tool this video series is about community members not devs.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Because of a COMMUNITY artist? You know blizzard used to have a fan art section on there site filled with kid esc comics right?

also there art seems pretty great.

- - - Updated - - -

Meggoart doesn't work at blizzard you tool this video series is about community members not devs.
    She doesn't affect current artstyle in the slightest?
    Even so, you can see the shift in approaches with her.
    You can see it with the Dracthyr Visage forms, for example.
    Last edited by username993720; 2023-03-15 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    WoW is just a cartoonish looking casual MMO with a decent combat system since day 1. The mean age of WoW players from surveys is around 30+ and constantly climbing.

You might have just played WoW at a very young age that you see its current interation so different.

I play WoW since Vanilla and the art style feels just the same. The different themes for each expansion are more or less tolerable or slightly annoying and what keeps people playing after the first few hours of hitting max level and finishing all quests, are the end game niche features for casual and more hardcore players and the casual weekly chores.

My interaction is 70% with other players in WoW, 29% with the current end game and 1% is where I might get reminded what expansion theme we got right now.

I have no idea how you can play this game and still care about such minuscule lore/art/style changes to a cartoonish looking game.
    -