Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I wouldn't mind the mission table returning, with a few major changes.

1) Using the Legion system

2) Everyone gets a toy or something in their bags that allows them to summon a table where they are to interact with it, so our hearths aren't tethered somewhere specific

3) Instead of a new system every expansion, it just adds a few tab of missions for each expansion you can send minions out on. These missions reward pet battle currencies, old reputations or old currencies. No power gear or the like. Just letting you complement older, legacy content, as opposed to being a way to maximise current expansion stuff, and no gold.
    I think this is a very good idea.

1) I would rather have the BfA system tho, the Legion system was much more involved with all the troop upgrading things.
    2) 100%
    3) It could also add the new Trading Post currency plus it would be really nice to earn some kind of "epic mission" from various parts of the world (maybe tied to expansion?) where it could give you mounts even.

They could also add ways to find new "followers" or "troops" whatever via achievements or doing specific things in the world.
    They could all have different abilities and maybe offer unique missions upon being unlocked.
    The whole system could be an evergreen pet battle type thing but in mission table style.

It's a fine idea if Blizzard can come up with mission table gameplay that people actually enjoy. So far they failed at that. Not talking about the rewards incentivizing missions, it's the moment to moment gameplay. Clicking buttons to send followers on missions. That needs to be fun for it to make any sense at all.

Otherwise, the "reward players with neat cosmetics for doing whatever content they prefer without incentivizing them to do stuff they hate" niche is pretty well filled by the new Trader's Post, don't you think?

Nearly every person I see claiming they like the table say the same thing - "I made a lot of gold". But what GAMEPLAY does it add? If it's just gold, would you be just as happy if blizzard sent you 20k gold every day you logged in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    No one on Classic gives a flying shite about MMO Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Also if you arnt doing any endgame content, why the fuck do you need gear

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Nearly every person I see claiming they like the table say the same thing - "I made a lot of gold". But what GAMEPLAY does it add? If it's just gold, would you be just as happy if blizzard sent you 20k gold every day you logged in?
    A significant chunk of WoD's content was finding followers out in the world and optimizing your teams so they can clear missions more efficiently. The gold missions and profession buildings were a plus, for sure, but not the whole point.

I mean, take a look at this guide. Does that not look like gameplay to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    A significant chunk of WoD's content was finding followers out in the world and optimizing your teams so they can clear missions more efficiently. The gold missions and profession buildings were a plus, for sure, but not the whole point.

I mean, take a look at this guide. Does that not look like gameplay to you?
    Those followers were obtained as a result of gameplay, yes, but nearly all of that content you would be doing anyway. The actual process of using the TABLE I don't really count as gameplay in the context of a PC game - mobile maybe...

Thing is, saying that you have to play the game to get the followers as rewards = gameplay, means that loot is gameplay. Which i really dont think anyone would agree it is. Rewards/loot dont = gameplay.
    Last edited by arkanon; Yesterday at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    No one on Classic gives a flying shite about MMO Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Also if you arnt doing any endgame content, why the fuck do you need gear

Missions tables are trash, the only people that want them back are no lifers with alt armys to generate loads of free gold.

Spend that development time on literally anything else and its better for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Those followers were obtained as a result of gameplay, yes, but nearly all of that content you would be doing anyway.
    Not quite. Plenty were acquired from doing achievements that were off the beaten path, from doing Reputation grinds that didn't interest all players, or from exploring Draenor zones and completing puzzles (I believe they used to call this Targeted Exploration). As an example, I remember Archmage Vargoth took quite a bit of legwork to get, so did Harrison Jones.

The actual process of using the TABLE I don't really count as gameplay in the context of a PC game - mobile maybe...
    Fair argument, a lot of people thought it was a mobile minigame. But if it ties into activities that you participate in regularly, it is effectively gameplay (or a gameplay loop, as it is called nowadays).

No thanks, I would like some more dailies and WQs though.