Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

What ALLIED RACE would you like to see next?

Obvious statement obvious, things that fit the allied race theme and design choices (IE Man'ari? Acceptable. Naga? Not appropriate or acceptable as an allied race. Etc etc.)

What Allied Race(s) would you like to see added to the game?
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2023-02-20 at 05:01 AM.

Furbolgs, Tuskarr or a dragonkin that doesn't fill my entire screen when mounted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagined playing a Gnoll after reading about the game a few years prior to release.

Still waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Lightbound Undead for Alliance
    Man’ari Eredar for Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Obvious statement obvious, things that fit the allied race theme and design choices (IE Man'ari? Acceptable. Naga? Not appropriate as an allied race. Etc etc.)

Pffff hard question. Because i am alliance. And our hopes do not pan out. Or we get weird ones. I could state what i dislike about the current ones. But lets keep things more positive .

For me the races need to be:
    - either a real new race or sub race. No void/lightforged stuff ( there are exeptions, but they need to be done well, and not just added because it they can).
    - really used in lore
    - be unique. play a part in the story. not a throw away one.

( side note, many of my "wishes" will not happen. because they have skipped over them or said we do not do them etc, and if they do it. Do them well not like fat human kul tirans, with their weak racials, and lame druid forms with little to no effort put in to them).
    Ohhh and i will put them behind the normal races they are "alt" versions of. because in many cases they are just alt races/version of them.

Dwarfs/ dark iron dwarf: High mountain ( aka red haired ones), or 1 of the many northrend ones. ( iron, frost etc)
    gnomes/mechagnomes: currently can not think of one. think they need to do more with the original ones.
    humans: vry'kul like why do we not have proto humans already?
    night elf/ void elf: highborne , or high elves ( i know will never happen, still find it stupid) , arakkoa (either version of it)?
    draenei/lightforged: eredar ( now that the legion is not more), broken ( like for real...why not these ones over lightbulb ones)
    worgen/kul tiran: real kul tirans ( sorry had to say it). but for real could not think of 1.

While i am alliance i will try and do the horde 2.
    orcs/mag'har: half orcs ? rexxar type?
    tauran/highmountain: centaur ( while i think they might be lore wise a better fit with the alliance)
    trolls/zandalari: 1 of the other troll races out there. several left. Or more loa focussed ones. Or 1 of those bird people from Dreanor ( arakkoa either version of it)?
    Undead: more race variation in the undead. Most undead look very human. Undead cows? Or mabye liches , or other former lich king army members
    goblins/vulparen: mecha......just kidding :P. Half goblins, those goblin ogres things?
    blood elves/nightborne: naga? ( if they do it, they really need to give alliance a huge win in allied races)

extra non real allied race options:
    - dracthyr: more variants of the dragonflights/human/4 legged version of them.
    - naga
    - several of the semi setient critters like wolvar, murlocs
    - those 2 races from pandaria ( fish and monkey), or the big ones .
    - tuskar

btw i think naga could work. The only reason they could not is mounts and armor. And they could use the same tactics as with worgen and dracthyr. When they are on the ground outside combat they can be human or naga form or on a mount they can be "humanoid" form . But when they go into combat or chose 2 they are naga form ( or in water ).

3+ Year Old Account
    Core races: Furbolgs for the Alliance, Ogres for the Horde

Allied races: Broken Draenei for the Alliance, Alteraci Humans for the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Obvious statement obvious, things that fit the allied race theme and design choices (IE Man'ari? Acceptable. Naga? Not appropriate as an allied race. Etc etc.)

Well there are still the vrykul.
    I mean i can play as a small human (dwarf), a very small human (gnome), a fat human (kul tiran), a normal human (human), a very small robo-human (mechagnome) and as a werewolf human (worgen).

Why again do we not allow actual tall humans as playable?
    I mean last spring i visited Rome and some Italians joked about Theodoric had arrived again, only this time to plunder their ice cream (i am a huge sweettooth).

So, eh, what's so controversial about tall people that we're not allowed representation in the game?
    Wouldn't be an issue having all skin colors either since the normal humans also just randomly added those.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Mok’nathal and Broken.

High elves because Void Elves are lame and I hate turning into purple poo. Also "same race on both factions" argument is totally dead between pandaren, dracthyr and cross-faction grouping.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    High elves because Void Elves are lame and I hate turning into purple poo. Also "same race on both factions" argument is totally dead between pandaren, dracthyr and cross-faction grouping.
    Imagine asking for something you’ve already been given!

Naga all day!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Furbolgs (Both factions)
    Taunka (Horde)
    Wolvar (Both factions)
    Jinyu (Alliance)
    Wildhammer Dwarves (Alliance)
    Thin Humans (Alliance)
    Mok'nathal (Horde)
    Ogres (Horde)
    Broken (Alliance)
    Sethrak (Both factions)
    Lightbound Undead (Both factions)
    Tuskarr (Both factions)
    Vrykul (Both factions)
    Hozen (Horde)
    Man'ari (A wild card, most likely not happening, both factions)
    Dryad (Alliance)
    Satyr (A wild card, most likely not happening, both factions)
    Naga (A wild card, most likely not happening, both factions)
    Drakonid (Both factions)
    Dragonkin (Both factions)
    Gnoll (A wild card, most likely not happening, both factions)
    Murloc (A wild card, most likely not happening, both factions)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post

Naga all day!!!
    Welcome to high elf posters.

I'd still really like Sethrak and Ethereals. Naga too. Never going to happen but I'm also fond of corrupted Arakkoa and the vizier type Nerubians/Mantid/Aqir.

Since Blizzard will most likely never add Wildhammer Dwarves separately, it would be nice for them to at least acknowledge in-game (via racial ability text or updated character select screen) that current playable Dwarves include both Bronzebeard and Wildhammer clans. I know the tattoos and updated customization options imply that this is the case, but would be a low-effort way for them to confirm it canonically.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post

Naga all day!!!
    Sorry but Void Elves arent High Elves.

Jinyu;
    Hozen;
    Forest trolls;
    Taunka;
    Ogres;
    K'thir;
    Banshee/Specter;
    Broken/Krokul;
    Whatever night elf alligned race may be born out of the souls inside the seed sprouting from the new world tree;
    Dalaran humans (caster archetype);
    I wish Wildhammer dwarves were a properly distinct allied race, with unique racials, customization, mounts.
    Maybe treated Leper gnomes? Hobgoblins.

Yeah I feel like there's an enormous wealth of variety in options for races that do not need to be totally new resources wise, and can reuse some aspects of current playable races.

10+ Year Old Account

True… but Blizzard gave High Elf customization options to Void Elves and Blood Elves both to shut the community up.

Or so they thought…

10+ Year Old Account
    1. allied races should be base now, and the questlines changed to only get the transmogs. (this would give new players more ways to get into their character.)

2. all horde races should be pickable by alliance, and alliance races on horde. (cross-faction is already a thing, now set us free)

as for more races, anything goes for me if they fix my first two points.

Mok'nathal, they already have idea for their looks finally with rexxar, just make female models that will also reuse kul'tirans animations.

They quite literally are though.