Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    Legion stuff you mentioned was done rather fast. It FELT long because you had to grind AP for weeks to get there.
    The whole campaign, while fun, was done really quick tbh. The mount quests were even shorter.

I do not think this could have kept someone in the game longer than 2 months if they did NOTHING related to endgame in any way.

Why do you watn to stay longer? Endgame in wow is what it is. Go play Guild Wars 2 i think this game would be more your style to be honest. And this is not a leave if you don't want it sentence. It is just that you do not like the biggest part of wow that has been the biggest part of wow since its inception. Endgame. Raiding, PVP and later on M+.

Play wow for two months. See what you want to see and go do something you actually like. Then come back when there is new content.

I am on the complete opposite site of you. Leveling is fun. Endgame is amazing and nearly every class plays well. I have more to do than time on my hands and everything i do is open ended. Not one quest after which i am in a deadend.

Wow that's a piss poor attitude to have. People that won't socialize are the freaks and weirdos.
    Your attitude is in no way better. Not everyone wants to talk to you, big deal. Doesn't make them freaks or weirdos.

How hard is it for people to reply back with a hello as well? Most do though. And I'm not trying to have a long conversation or anything, just be curious and not a douche.
    *shrug* Who cares. Maybe I am watching stuff on the side, or maybe I just do not feel like typing. Maybe I broke my fingers and can only click with my nose. Who are you to judge? Combined with the above the reason why no one wants to talk to you seems rather obvious.

I laugh at people that are i420 geared from Mythic raiding, don't think it's cool or an achievement, but shows people like to waste time whacking away at silly video game monsters on a 20 year old Disney inspired video game. Get a life, no one cares.
    Ah here we are. You do realize nothing could cry "insecurity" louder then this, yes? "These people are better players, but I will hide my immense jelousy behind disdain." And as someone already said, you are posting in a video game forum. Everything here is about "whacking away at a silly video game monster". No one cares if you - after 7 years of doing the same - suddenly feel like that is childish or a waste of time (or more likely you met someone that told you that it is childish and you feel embarassed of standing by your hobby). Just go away and get that life. We'll be fine without you.

I think I'm done with this game, especially with people like you who still play it, which it never used to be like this.
    Humanity has always been like this. There are idiots and lesser idiots. In face-to-face contact most people tend to supress their real feelings though and are polite to avoid consequences. Once you can speak the truth, because you no longer need to fear reprisals (for example because of anonymity) people are much more likely to show their real character which in most cases is being an asshole.
    Hence why I curate the people I spend time with, specifically by limiting my contact to people outside of my guild to very little.

So if you go to like the YMCA for a pickup game of basketball with strangers, and they "Hello" or "Hey sup?" You'll just ignore them and not even say a quick hi ? Ugh society is doomed with people like that.
    Different situation. Face-to-face is nowhere near the same as faceless internet communication. Ignoring a line of text is much easier then a person in front of you.

i've been feeling similarly.
    Just not motivated to sign in each day, feels more like a chore where i am almost not enjoying myself.

What i've been doing is playing way less, this way i can enjoy when I do sign on. If this continues, I can't see myself playing this game much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    I never understand argument "Horrific Visions" are end of expansion activity? WHY? Do you think Blizzard want sub profits only at end of expansion, and now i should unsub and wait for next big patch?
    Because for some players, it's the journey of the player power that makes the game fun instead of just the destination of player power peak for expansion. Honestly if you just want Peak Player Power then you really should only play at the end of an expansion after all the catch-up systems are in place and the game becomes incredibly easier.

Case in point - Legion's last content patch gave players empowered artifact weapons that made Mage Tower challenges a complete joke. Compared to the challenge the mage tower was back when it was first added.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    My best, most fun memory was doing Horrific Visions and getting Mythic lvl gear, also loved Withered Army Training, Mage Tower and Brawlers guild. This kind of solo WoW content I want NOW.
    Also what I'd like to know is why you want/need mythic level gear? The content you're doing doesn't seem to require it and you stated you aren't in it for the transmog (which folks routinely farm older content for the transmogs because then it's super easy). Why isn't ilv 395 gear good enough for the current level of content you're doing?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

1+ Year Old Account
    What's keeping me occupied is Epic BGs, especially given how gears are easy to farm now. It gets really boring when EBGs are really one-sided (Horde has a way higher win rate) and it's not fun to be winning or losing too much. I hope Blizzard will release new Epic BGs, or at least make some changes to the existing Epic BGs as it tends to be a race to kill the opposing side boss.

Wow that's a piss poor attitude to have. People that won't socialize are the freaks and weirdos.

How hard is it for people to reply back with a hello as well? Most do though. And I'm not trying to have a long conversation or anything, just be curious and not a douche.

I laugh at people that are i420 geared from Mythic raiding, don't think it's cool or an achievement, but shows people like to waste time whacking away at silly video game monsters on a 20 year old Disney inspired video game. Get a life, no one cares.

I think I'm done with this game, especially with people like you who still play it, which it never used to be like this.

So if you go to like the YMCA for a pickup game of basketball with strangers, and they "Hello" or "Hey sup?" You'll just ignore them and not even say a quick hi ? Ugh society is doomed with people like that.
    Well try to realize that someone people don't consider randoms in groups as real life? people say hi in m+ or raids not in random groups where no one cares as long as the run is going

No one brought up mythic raiders, your opinion is unwanted mate.

Have felt this way since WotLK. Was tired of the gear hamster wheel, that isn't fun.

Hopped into arena PvP, fell in love with it, haven't stopped playing since., playing only exclusively arena PvP. It's a different encounter every time the gate opens.

You can only kill so many big bad bosses so many times in such and such amount of time in such and such way before it gets stale and scripted.

The only thing that makes up for it is the people you do it with. WoW PvE is only as good as the people you play it with IMHO.

I could see this from a mile away, but everyone was busy with their oh this is so good and great non-stop, after playing less than a month of DF.

When DF launched, we had 15-20 people playing in prime time, 3-4 weeks later it dropped to 10 during prime time, and these days, it's down to 5-6 people during prime time, you are lucky to run into anyone outside that time, maybe 1 person is online in the guild.

We raided all previous expansions, M+ destroyed much of the raiding in the 2nd raid and later raids in SL, M+ just gave significantly better rewards, and upgrades in the vault.

Raiding in DF was dead on arrival for our guild, there is one person wasting a lot of time trying to PUG HC.

Now I know people will say, join a different guild, but this is a dead list of connected realms, it's the same in most guilds, the few active ones are not looking for new members, since they got their lineup of fixed players. Sure you *could* raid with people outside your connected realms, but I have yet to find any guilds clearing HC, wanting people outside their guilds joining their raids on a regular basis, and sure I could move my main, but then all my alts would be stranded behind since I can't afford moving all my characters to an active realm, and I need those support chars, since they provide the basis for crafting/gathering for the reagents for the raid, I'm not sitting on a million in-game gold.

The only place I really see many people around, are prime time, during Siege, and Feasts (while less now), else the game feels pretty empty and void of people.

I do miss raiding HC, I also got the time for it, but it's just not in the cards for DF, then there is M+, where I would rather kill myself, than having to run the same dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over again, with all its toxicity.

I enjoyed crafting, but who could have guessed, all their new crafting systems is dead on arrival, there is a handful of the top raiders, that sit on 99% of the market, where you have no chance what so ever of making any gold, I daily see people listing items below/at vendor sell prices.

Then honestly what is there really left to do, most zones are 80-90% completed in ATT. The number of times where I log in, to an empty guild list is shocking lately, so its basically logging on, oh no one online, do some daily tasks for 10min to lvl proffs, log out, while knowing it's pointless to level it, since the market is already dominated by just a handful people.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This is how I feel right now as well.

You get to a certain ilvl pvp/pve what ever.. and it feels like you are just done. Exactly as you said you just see this finnish line. There is no interest to reach a certain top.. or complete silly achivement no one cares about or to feel complete.. its at that moment you will level an alt, just to not feel bored. I got 3, 70s now.. but stopping there.

New features could spark the interesst again, but honestly I feel I am hitting a wall here as well. Just bored for some reason..
    You're bored for the same reason many people are bored of wow, they dont want to admit it but playing a game for 10+ years hits a point where you cant enjoy it anymore, its like Skyrim.

I come back to skyrim once every blue moon for a few weeks, realize it was fun then, and these days I dont much care.

WoW has hit that same point of being that nostalgic game that sure, it may have new content, but these days that content feels more like a group of modders than the passionate team that made it before.

And thats also because most if not all that team, either because of controversies, time, or just decline have moved on.

Thus wow became the ship of thessius, you saw a classic game get remodeled, rehsaped, rebuilt, and after enough times you ask when someone tells you "This is wow" "but is it?"

This is what I basically said for a long time for 5 years since BFA.

WoW needed WoW 2 5 years ago, it needed a sequel, no matter what people want to deny about that, the reality is a fresh coat of paint is never going to replace the old ship, but a new ship can give you new adventures and a new journey.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    WoW needed WoW 2 5 years ago, it needed a sequel, no matter what people want to deny about that, the reality is a fresh coat of paint is never going to replace the old ship, but a new ship can give you new adventures and a new journey.
    Yeah they should have invested hundreds of millions in a new game that cannibalized their own playerbase from a game that is currently making a ton of money.

Like lol come on guys, just because it isn't the game for you anymore doesn't mean it needs to change. Enormous financial risk with low odds of success.

We're already playing WoW 4, and you can go back and play WoW 1 in classic any time you want

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    You're bored for the same reason many people are bored of wow, they dont want to admit it but playing a game for 10+ years hits a point where you cant enjoy it anymore, its like Skyrim.
    Question - during SL, my friends list went from buzzing to dead in a few weeks. Some were raiders, some M+, some PvP, some friends who play super casual. Some had played for 2 years, others since vanilla. Some played for 5+ hours per day when they could, others would barely do 5 hours a week. Some had kids, some didnt. Some worked full time, some didnt. Some were in their early 20s, others their mid 50s.

And yet you are claiming "nah, they just burned out, thats all, its the player, not the game!". Does that make sense when you consider the above?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Because it's a shitty expansion.

Blizzard has removed all the fun little things to do: the pet battles, the archaeology, the silly stuff.

Blizzard has removed all the casual content. You can either do boring-ass diablo-style M+ for marginally better gear, or do mythic raids, or do...nothing.

What's ironic about all of this is WoW was created to offer a more casual experience to MMO gamers who didn't want to do the elitist horseshit anymore. Now we ARE the elitist horseshit. I wish a new, upstart game would come along and be what WoW used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciadia View Post
    We raided all previous expansions, M+ destroyed much of the raiding in the 2nd raid and later raids in SL, M+ just gave significantly better rewards, and upgrades in the vault.
    Did.. we play the same expansion?
    Because every strength class wanted the Sylvanas trinket, even in season 3 when it wasn't the current raid
    Every tank wanted the trinket from the nine, even in season 3
    Every rogue wanted the Sylvanas dagger, or even 2 of them, even in season 3, from any difficulty
    Every hunter wanted the Sylvanas bow, even in season 3

And in Sepulchre, every 2h strength user (and even the 2h agi users) wanted gavel at any difficulty level because it was so good

If you wanted to do high level keys you basically had to raid or you were *SIGNIFICANTLY* behind

And that's not mentioning the other trinkets that were bis for keys while Sanctum/Sepulchre were current raids, just the most standout items

7+ Year Old Account
    Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    You are just bored of the game in general its not DF issue tbh. There is plenty transmog and mount to obtain get reputation and profesion crafting. Its my best expansion since legion. And its extremly alt friendly. No need to farm crap around. Just hit max lvl and enjoy (maybe renown rep needs more catchup not just rep rate) + campain walled behind reputation is just horrible idea tbh.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-02-12 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two months ur lucky. I got like 4 weeks.

U do all the Mythic 15's once, the raid heroic and than idk. It's not the same as old days. Unless u raid mythic there is nothing really going on outside of small side stuff. Gear farming means nothing with patch resets and no need for it (if u don't do mythic raid).

smh people out there doing months of M+ for minor gear upgrades to do the exact same content 0.1% faster, than a new patch comes out and makes their effort trivialized (wasted)

basically all comes down to if you mythic raid or not
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post

U do all the Mythic 15's once, the raid heroic and than idk. It's not the same as old days. Unless u raid mythic there is nothing really going on outside of small side stuff. Gear farming means nothing with patch resets and no need for it (if u don't do mythic raid).

smh people out there doing months of M+ for minor gear upgrades to do the exact same content 0.1% faster, than a new patch comes out and makes their effort trivialized (wasted)

Yes like all major patches since late wotlk. WoW has seasons (patches) this is the way we roll for years. Im not complanin imo its good for the game if we have regular new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post

So in ye old days what were you doing outside of raids?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Ciadia View Post
    I could see this from a mile away, but everyone was busy with their oh this is so good and great non-stop, after playing less than a month of DF.

When DF launched, we had 15-20 people playing in prime time, 3-4 weeks later it dropped to 10 during prime time, and these days, it's down to 5-6 people during prime time, you are lucky to run into anyone outside that time, maybe 1 person is online in the guild.

Raiding in DF was dead on arrival for our guild, there is one person wasting a lot of time trying to PUG HC.

Now I know people will say, join a different guild, but this is a dead list of connected realms, it's the same in most guilds, the few active ones are not looking for new members, since they got their lineup of fixed players. Sure you *could* raid with people outside your connected realms, but I have yet to find any guilds clearing HC, wanting people outside their guilds joining their raids on a regular basis, and sure I could move my main, but then all my alts would be stranded behind since I can't afford moving all my characters to an active realm, and I need those support chars, since they provide the basis for crafting/gathering for the reagents for the raid, I'm not sitting on a million in-game gold.

The only place I really see many people around, are prime time, during Siege, and Feasts (while less now), else the game feels pretty empty and void of people.

I do miss raiding HC, I also got the time for it, but it's just not in the cards for DF, then there is M+, where I would rather kill myself, than having to run the same dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over again, with all its toxicity.

I enjoyed crafting, but who could have guessed, all their new crafting systems is dead on arrival, there is a handful of the top raiders, that sit on 99% of the market, where you have no chance what so ever of making any gold, I daily see people listing items below/at vendor sell prices.

Then honestly what is there really left to do, most zones are 80-90% completed in ATT. The number of times where I log in, to an empty guild list is shocking lately, so its basically logging on, oh no one online, do some daily tasks for 10min to lvl proffs, log out, while knowing it's pointless to level it, since the market is already dominated by just a handful people.
    All of these are issues with your guild, not with DF.

If you cannot field a HC team then that has nothing to do with the game. If you cannot form a group for M+ then that is also your guild that is the problem.

My guild has been running 4 raid days a week since the opening and M+ every day.

Literally nothing has changed about those two content types in DF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yes like all major patches since late wotlk. WoW has seasons (patches) this is the way we roll for years. Im not complanin imo its good for the game if we have regular new content.
    What does seasons have to do with regular new content, like a false dichotomy

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So in ye old days what were you doing outside of raids?
    prog and gearing took longer and the latter felt worth it. Even if things existed to do now they aren't "worth it" time wise like they used to be.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    People announce they're bored with a particular game like there's something unusual or wrong about that. Hobbies are ways to enjoy our free time, and it's perfectly natural to alternate hobbies for variety. I started playing WoW 14 years ago, but have taken breaks of 3 and 4 years, so only half that time have I been actively in game. Don't remember announcing my departures, other than to friends. WoW is fun game, but there's more to life than video games! Go play outdoors for a while; the graphics are amazing!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"