Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    So you got two months of fun out of a game where you don’t want to play the endgame. That’s seems well worth it to me? What’s the problem exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    I think I should unsub now, because i have completely nothing to do in game in terms of personal gear progress. I don't do M+ or Raid so other content stops at 395. This is very important to me, transmog, mounts and pets are just not worth sub cost IMO. I never understand argument "Horrific Visions" are end of expansion activity? WHY? Do you think Blizzard want sub profits only at end of expansion, and now i should unsub and wait for next big patch?

My best, most fun memory was doing Horrific Visions and getting Mythic lvl gear, also loved Withered Army Training, Mage Tower and Brawlers guild.
    This kind of solo WoW content I want NOW.
    You can literally go do all those things right now
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Yea, at a certain point it will end up just being do your weekly stuff and PvP or push keys and raid -- or all of them

Then 10.1 will eventually come out and repeat the whole cycle :P

Maybe Trading Post will be a good incentive? Not sure if you're all about cosmetics or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    Legion stuff you mentioned was done rather fast. It FELT long because you had to grind AP for weeks to get there.
    The whole campaign, while fun, was done really quick tbh. The mount quests were even shorter.

I do not think this could have kept someone in the game longer than 2 months if they did NOTHING related to endgame in any way.

Why do you watn to stay longer? Endgame in wow is what it is. Go play Guild Wars 2 i think this game would be more your style to be honest. And this is not a leave if you don't want it sentence. It is just that you do not like the biggest part of wow that has been the biggest part of wow since its inception. Endgame. Raiding, PVP and later on M+.

Play wow for two months. See what you want to see and go do something you actually like. Then come back when there is new content.

I am on the complete opposite site of you. Leveling is fun. Endgame is amazing and nearly every class plays well. I have more to do than time on my hands and everything i do is open ended. Not one quest after which i am in a deadend.

Wow that's a piss poor attitude to have. People that won't socialize are the freaks and weirdos.
    Your attitude is in no way better. Not everyone wants to talk to you, big deal. Doesn't make them freaks or weirdos.

How hard is it for people to reply back with a hello as well? Most do though. And I'm not trying to have a long conversation or anything, just be curious and not a douche.
    *shrug* Who cares. Maybe I am watching stuff on the side, or maybe I just do not feel like typing. Maybe I broke my fingers and can only click with my nose. Who are you to judge? Combined with the above the reason why no one wants to talk to you seems rather obvious.

I laugh at people that are i420 geared from Mythic raiding, don't think it's cool or an achievement, but shows people like to waste time whacking away at silly video game monsters on a 20 year old Disney inspired video game. Get a life, no one cares.
    Ah here we are. You do realize nothing could cry "insecurity" louder then this, yes? "These people are better players, but I will hide my immense jelousy behind disdain." And as someone already said, you are posting in a video game forum. Everything here is about "whacking away at a silly video game monster". No one cares if you - after 7 years of doing the same - suddenly feel like that is childish or a waste of time (or more likely you met someone that told you that it is childish and you feel embarassed of standing by your hobby). Just go away and get that life. We'll be fine without you.

I think I'm done with this game, especially with people like you who still play it, which it never used to be like this.
    Humanity has always been like this. There are idiots and lesser idiots. In face-to-face contact most people tend to supress their real feelings though and are polite to avoid consequences. Once you can speak the truth, because you no longer need to fear reprisals (for example because of anonymity) people are much more likely to show their real character which in most cases is being an asshole.
    Hence why I curate the people I spend time with, specifically by limiting my contact to people outside of my guild to very little.

So if you go to like the YMCA for a pickup game of basketball with strangers, and they "Hello" or "Hey sup?" You'll just ignore them and not even say a quick hi ? Ugh society is doomed with people like that.
    Different situation. Face-to-face is nowhere near the same as faceless internet communication. Ignoring a line of text is much easier then a person in front of you.

i've been feeling similarly.
    Just not motivated to sign in each day, feels more like a chore where i am almost not enjoying myself.

What i've been doing is playing way less, this way i can enjoy when I do sign on. If this continues, I can't see myself playing this game much longer.

I never understand argument "Horrific Visions" are end of expansion activity? WHY? Do you think Blizzard want sub profits only at end of expansion, and now i should unsub and wait for next big patch?
    Because for some players, it's the journey of the player power that makes the game fun instead of just the destination of player power peak for expansion. Honestly if you just want Peak Player Power then you really should only play at the end of an expansion after all the catch-up systems are in place and the game becomes incredibly easier.

Case in point - Legion's last content patch gave players empowered artifact weapons that made Mage Tower challenges a complete joke. Compared to the challenge the mage tower was back when it was first added.

My best, most fun memory was doing Horrific Visions and getting Mythic lvl gear, also loved Withered Army Training, Mage Tower and Brawlers guild. This kind of solo WoW content I want NOW.
    Also what I'd like to know is why you want/need mythic level gear? The content you're doing doesn't seem to require it and you stated you aren't in it for the transmog (which folks routinely farm older content for the transmogs because then it's super easy). Why isn't ilv 395 gear good enough for the current level of content you're doing?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

What's keeping me occupied is Epic BGs, especially given how gears are easy to farm now. It gets really boring when EBGs are really one-sided (Horde has a way higher win rate) and it's not fun to be winning or losing too much. I hope Blizzard will release new Epic BGs, or at least make some changes to the existing Epic BGs as it tends to be a race to kill the opposing side boss.