Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I thought it was enjoyable for a couple months. The foundational fixes were a plus.

I haven't played in a month and have zero desire to play anymore, until maybe the next big patch (maybe)

I don't have any confidence in this dev team to implement interesting content that isn't ultimately just another seasonal gear treadmill, which feels like a giant waste of time to me. They're hellbent on M+ and raiding being the end all be all for WoW. Both are kind of a nightmare to do in their current iteration, without having a core group of people to play with and in the case of raiding, blocking off 2-3 entire nights a week (no thanks)

Paying $15 a month when that's the only content that gets any real care and energy, just isn't worth it for me at all. Makes zero sense.

They've always had the foundation to do cool things with this game and they just don't.

They seem to just want to make easy money off people with inferiority complexes and too much free time.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2023-02-23 at 08:24 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    If you have 420 ilevel now, you aint the average wow player. Not even slightly close. Not by a looooooong shot. You want AP & TF, gameplay mechanics that esentially promotes unhealthy & degen behaviour.

Dont even bother coming with "I play 15 minutes a night doing m+ 25 keys with friends, so I dont play alot". Getting 420 ilevel requires some skill & time investment, something most players dont have or want to bother with.

Besides, soon a minor patch comes out. 10.1 is probably coming in april, about max 2 months time. If you decided to go hard early from DF and do everything you wanted to do in good time before next patch, cool!

Its much, much better to have wow were you can feel "finished" instead of always chasing upgrades.

I have no idea why you favour AP grinds so much. The content now is the same, but you can choose to do it or not. With AP, a player couldnt.
    I do play a lot yeah. So? I still wanna enjoy the game.

Blizzard should not just appeal to players who want to be "done" with the game. They should also make the game fun for those who want to have a reason to log in even 3 or 4 months into a patch and still have a realistic chance to get a meaningful upgrade on their main character instead of having to stop playing that character because there's no point anyway, you can't get anything anyway, how lame is that?

I don't want to feel like I've "finished" the game. I want exactly the opposite. Hell, the appeal of WoW to me always has been and the very reason I started is because I wanted an "infinite" game. To me Legion will always be the greatest expansion ever. It was pretty much everything that I wanted out of this game. I guess I can look foward to Legion Classic in like 6 years, huh?
    Last edited by enigma77; 2023-02-23 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I do play a lot yeah. So? I still wanna enjoy the game.

Blizzard should not just appeal to players who want to be "done" with the game. They should also make the game fun for those who want to have a reason to log in even 3 or 4 months into a patch and still have a realistic chance to get a meaningful upgrade on their main character instead of having to stop playing that character because there's no point anyway, you can't get anything anyway, how lame is that?
    What are you talking about? DF is GREAT with alts and if someone comes in 3-4 months into the xpac/Patch. Now you literally level up, hit up dungeons then raid. Its one obstacle; Gear. Thats it.

Previously? Farm currency for legendary. Then farm currency for two legendaries. Then grind AP, this grind doesnt really stop. Then grind rep for certain factions cause Player power is hidden behind it. Then grind more AP. THen grind WQs cause leggo might drop.

Now you log in and can do what you want.

Previously you had to log in, do stuff you didnt really want to do, and after thats done you could actually do what you wanted to do. It didnt matter if you wanted to do m+, raid or arenas. You had to grind AP. YOu had to grind the legendaries. It was not a choice not to do it. It was a forced choice.

BTW - you aint really "done" with this game no matter what. In progression ways(player power), sure you might reach a BIS list, but if you do months before next patch - you are a tiiiiiiny minority that plays the game like that.

I highly suspect many in this thread just want a 100% solo wow experience from lvl 1 to max and once they reach endgame they still want nothing to do with others. All the while obtaining good gear that always gets better and better. From activities such as collecting flowers, fishing and dragon race.

Theres lots and lots of stuff to obtain and work for in this game. The gameplay and features are there for anyone to obtain. Now, if a players cant be bothered with it, I see no reason to bitch and moan about it when they took an active choice not to engage in the content.
    Mortalblow, complaining about nothing to do, literally started a thread to whine about having to do a normal mode dungeon to complete a zone campaign and how an MMO should accommodate his 100% solo playtime. So yes your right.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'm in the "bored, nothing to do" boat. And it's coming from someone who actually enjoys raiding and m+...

BUT - and it's a big BUT - I also enjoy having inconsequential things to do when I log, to simply chill/unwind. Like farm some anima to upgrade my covenant; try to overcome one of the Bastion arena challenges; or just get an additional level of my BfA neck. Some goal to pursue that doesn't require me to group up, because I'm not in a mood to group up. DF has none of that, sadly (esp. after being done with Renown, which is not really exciting anyway). WQs feel so samey it's not funny at all (feels like 80% of it is just dragonriding racing/fishing for Tuskarr). Sieges/community soup is one huge spamfest to even hit a single thing before it falls over. The world is beautiful, but it also feels... dead and empty. You log in after reset, and the map is full of the exact same things you did last week, with very, very little variety. SL had so much more things to do. I know lots of people hated it (because they felt it's mandatory and spammed things like Thorgast on every single alt, cause they were afraid they will "miss out" on things); but I enjoyed it, because I did it only when I wanted to, and at least I always had the OPTION to do it. DF has no options at all.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    easy play wow classic

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I'm in the "bored, nothing to do" boat. And it's coming from someone who actually enjoys raiding and m+...

BUT - and it's a big BUT - I also enjoy having inconsequential things to do when I log, to simply chill/unwind. Like farm some anima to upgrade my covenant; try to overcome one of the Bastion arena challenges; or just get an additional level of my BfA neck. Some goal to pursue that doesn't require me to group up, because I'm not in a mood to group up. DF has none of that, sadly (esp. after being done with Renown, which is not really exciting anyway). WQs feel so samey it's not funny at all (feels like 80% of it is just dragonriding racing/fishing for Tuskarr). Sieges/community soup is one huge spamfest to even hit a single thing before it falls over. The world is beautiful, but it also feels... dead and empty. You log in after reset, and the map is full of the exact same things you did last week, with very, very little variety. SL had so much more things to do. I know lots of people hated it (because they felt it's mandatory and spammed things like Thorgast on every single alt, cause they were afraid they will "miss out" on things); but I enjoyed it, because I did it only when I wanted to, and at least I always had the OPTION to do it. DF has no options at all.
    Thorgast was a huge miss by Blizzard and its all them to blame. They made it mandatory for every character to do if ppl wanted said character to be relevant and "ready" for arena, m+ or raids. Besides that, Thorgast was ok. It just got hated cause people had to do it. Why Blizzard made it so? No idea. Probably afraid of losing players so they forced them to do grinds like in thorgast (to keep them playing). Short sight thinking.

And I do agree with your overall sentiment - theres not THAT much going on out in the world. Its a bit bare bone. I do hope(wish) they will build upon this alot more as time goes by though. THeres potential for it.

Thorgast was a huge miss by Blizzard and its all them to blame. They made it mandatory for every character to do if ppl wanted said character to be relevant and "ready" for arena, m+ or raids. Besides that, Thorgast was ok. It just got hated cause people had to do it. Why Blizzard made it so? No idea. Probably afraid of losing players so they forced them to do grinds like in thorgast (to keep them playing). Short sight thinking.
    I didn't even care about it being "mandatory", because I play the game in my own tempo and I don't care about being "raid ready" ASAP - I know I will get there eventually, and I won't compromise my own "fun" to get there faster. So if I didn't feel like playing Thorgast, I just didn't. But I had the option to do it when I wanted to, and when I did it, I felt I'm getting something out of it. Even ultra small upgrades like getting the conduit upgrade item in Korthia felt like "something", which made the world content feel so much more relevant. And DF...? How relevant is getting 98 gold for a WQ, when I'm sitting on sereval million? What's the point of hunting rares when you're sporting full raid/m+ gear? I'm sure Blizzard thought going back to a more "vanilla" experience is fan service, but I think they're learning the hard way right now plenty of people do like to have those "borrowed power" grinds in the game, because they make world content feel consequential. No matter how small the upgrade is, it feels completely different to know that you CAN get something out of that rare mob, even if it's random, vs being 100% certain you won't get anything.

I didn't even care about it being "mandatory", because I play the game in my own tempo and I don't care about being "raid ready" ASAP - I know I will get there eventually, and I won't compromise my own "fun" to get there faster. So if I didn't feel like playing Thorgast, I just didn't. But I had the option to do it when I wanted to, and when I did it, I felt I'm getting something out of it. Even ultra small upgrades like getting the conduit upgrade item in Korthia felt like "something", which made the world content feel so much more relevant. And DF...? How relevant is getting 98 gold for a WQ, when I'm sitting on sereval million? What's the point of hunting rares when you're sporting full raid/m+ gear? I'm sure Blizzard thought going back to a more "vanilla" experience is fan service, but I think they're learning the hard way right now plenty of people do like to have those "borrowed power" grinds in the game, because they make world content feel consequential. No matter how small the upgrade is, it feels completely different to know that you CAN get something out of that rare mob, even if it's random, vs being 100% certain you won't get anything.
    Sure, and I support that playstyle. I do it mostly myself, I just mentioned the common feedback from SL about thorgast and why it in the end wasnt liked all that much. I did thorgast so rarely I never even got the second legendary cause I lacked the currency to make one, but didnt care.

I think Blizzard is really struggelig to find a middle ground on this one. They either go all in on some sort of never-ending power grind (like AP) or nothing but "normal" WQs that gives gold (like DF). Seems they cant find a middle ground on it.

I would love if it was more going out in the world, but to find that sweet middle ground is a tricky one. I certainly do prefer DF were theres no required grind to do anything except the gear.

Mage tower in legion was great - additional content that didnt give player power. It was also a solo activity. Good its back.
    Thorgast could have been another evergreen feature in wow, but Blizzard screwed that up. imagine if we got a new Thorgast version each xpac, or atleast changes to the excisiting one.
    Warfront - was a cool concept idea. Could have been evergreen too. Easily made WF zones in every xpac. Us against the enemy.
    IE - also potenial evergreen content. Easily adaption to every xpac. If a xpac doesnt really have "Island" but landmasses, one can change it.

Point is - theres potential evergreen content riddled all over the place in wow. They did it with dungeons (timewalking).
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2023-02-23 at 10:40 AM.

Blizzard is well known for swinging the pendulum hard. Nothing to do WoD is seen as a direct result of the complaints about to much to do in MoP (lots of important stuff locked behind reputations, even whole other reputations so there was a LOT of daily rep grind at the start of the expansion)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoy76 View Post
    easy play wow classic
    Yeah, get back to me when Classic raid content is not a joke that gets cleared in 3 hours flat after launch.

For all the modern WoW and DF faults - the raid content and gameplay actually delivers what I play this game for, for almost 17 years now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Blizzard is well known for swinging the pendulum hard. Nothing to do WoD is seen as a direct result of the complaints about to much to do in MoP (lots of important stuff locked behind reputations, even whole other reputations so there was a LOT of daily rep grind at the start of the expansion)
    It has swung too hard.

I understand Titanforging becoming a bit degenerate when you could get an item better than the Mythic Raid one from a world quest or random bg.

But now dungeons and world content at some point simply stop dropping any useful loot whatsoever. How is that good game design? Why can't there be a healthy middleground, like "Very Rare" items being added to Mythic + or Warforging coming back (+10 ilvl)?

It's not good for the game when people can no longer get stuff on the characters they want to play and being forced to play alts to keep being entertained.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2023-02-23 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Uuuh... you might want to revise your claim about them "having a plan", especially since the Molten Core raid was literally created, from scratch, in less than a week because the original idea for the Molten Core was to be just a singular room in the BRD instance, and not a full-fledged raid instance, not to mention it was almost cut altogether. It was assembled into a raid almost as an afterthought because "they needed a big raid".
    Hey I get what you are saying. But I think you need to be a little more rational about this. WoW was the most successful video game of all time. Sub numbers skyrocketed during vanilla. If people got to lvl 60 and there was nothing to do, they would of quit. Or are you suggesting otherwise?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, and I support that playstyle. I do it mostly myself, I just mentioned the common feedback from SL about thorgast and why it in the end wasnt liked all that much. I did thorgast so rarely I never even got the second legendary cause I lacked the currency to make one, but didnt care.

I think Blizzard is really struggelig to find a middle ground on this one. They either go all in on some sort of never-ending power grind (like AP) or nothing but "normal" WQs that gives gold (like DF). Seems they cant find a middle ground on it.

I would love if it was more going out in the world, but to find that sweet middle ground is a tricky one. I certainly do prefer DF were theres no required grind to do anything except the gear.

Mage tower in legion was great - additional content that didnt give player power. It was also a solo activity. Good its back.
    Thorgast could have been another evergreen feature in wow, but Blizzard screwed that up. imagine if we got a new Thorgast version each xpac, or atleast changes to the excisiting one.
    Warfront - was a cool concept idea. Could have been evergreen too. Easily made WF zones in every xpac. Us against the enemy.
    IE - also potenial evergreen content. Easily adaption to every xpac. If a xpac doesnt really have "Island" but landmasses, one can change it.

Point is - theres potential evergreen content riddled all over the place in wow. They did it with dungeons (timewalking).
    There will never be evergreen content in WoW because then people might not have to buy the latest expansion. Even the holidays don't get updated.

Not my opinion, I read an interview from a designer or someone who said that.
    Last edited by liyroot; 2023-02-23 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was called Legion..And it was glorious.
    Not quite. Horrible legion legendary acquisition on launch. Mandatory AP grinds on launch especially with the first iteration of the artifact infinite trait (the 20 point investment that yielded 10% throughput).

Oh and remember that 12 week Broken Shores questline? Where some weeks it was just a simple go fetch this item for Khadgar that has no bearing on the story of Legion?

Don't get me wrong, eventually Legion was a good expansion but not exactly the greatest at launch.

Blizzard should not alienate players who want to actually keep playing their game. They should throw us a bone at least and bring back a less powerful version of TF/AP. Like putting the "Very Rare" items into mythic + dungeons.
    So you want Blizzard to alienate all the other players? Not everyone shares your opinion.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Hey I get what you are saying. But I think you need to be a little more rational about this. WoW was the most successful video game of all time. Sub numbers skyrocketed during vanilla. If people got to lvl 60 and there was nothing to do, they would of quit. Or are you suggesting otherwise?
    That is not what I'm saying, though. I'm saying that Blizzard at the time didn't have a concrete plan, or barely an actual plan, as evidenced by how suddenly they realized they needed a big raid and how quickly said instance was imagined, designed and implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    Got bored as well and stopped playing till the next expansion or maybe a future patch if it looks interesting. The only thing that will keep me playing the game a longer period of time is if they make EVERYTHING account wide because i want to play with all my chars and know that i have access to ALL the stuff i farmed over the years on my main on every character.
    Everytime i log on some alt and notice i am missing something and have to farm it again it's a big turn off.
    This expansion they could have at least made those stupid renown account wide but no let's farm that again on every character. I tried to do that on a second alt and i just got bored and quit.

I don't want an AP grind or whatever but I would like ONE thing to do solo. Not necessarily Torghast, but something like it - maybe an infinitely scaling dungeon you can mess around in for cosmetics or whatever.

I don't care about world content because it's all trivial and boring. But it is kind of depressing to have 0 reason to log in unless friends are on
    “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” -Eric Hoffer

Blademaster
    1+ Year Old Account
    "cater to me i only play 30 mins a day because i have a life"
    Do you whine & whine endlessly to god & jesus because you can't play chess 8 hours a day or that you can't win the game?
    blizzard removed their suggestion forum a decade ago, just shut it noone cares, its their game they can form it any way they want.

& when it comes to DF = there is nothing to do in the game. new dragon flying is fun for 30 mins, i rather play a non jump simulator aka singleplayer. i dont ask of this to be changed its not my game.
    Last edited by lieutvurt; 2023-02-23 at 02:07 PM.

Level each class to 70.
    Complete LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic raid with each class for vault.
    Do all World Quests on each.
    Do 10 M+ with each class for vault.
    Get 5000 Honor from rated pvp on each class for vault.
    Max Prof knowledge on each class.

If you're bored after all of that, then complain. That's a lot of stuff to do that is all relevant and none of it is throwing the challenge of progression into the mix - which makes some of those items take more time... If you're just BORED of the game, do something else, you're not being forced to play.

If you're addicted to the game, go get help. Get away from the computer for a weekend, then a week, and stay away after the 'break up' happens.
    Last edited by Angrie; 2023-02-23 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You log in after reset, and the map is full of the exact same things you did last week, with very, very little variety. SL had so much more things to do. I know lots of people hated it (because they felt it's mandatory and spammed things like Thorgast on every single alt, cause they were afraid they will "miss out" on things); but I enjoyed it, because I did it only when I wanted to, and at least I always had the OPTION to do it. DF has no options at all.
    First, it's a bit unfair to DF to compare the current state of DF to say the entire breath of an expansion of SL, BFA or even Legion.

Take SL, did you really have that many things you could do in early SL? Renown progression was capped, The Maw would kick your butt and kick you out if you stayed too long (thanks Eye of the Jailer).

Second, were the various systems in Legion, BFA, SL actually optional?
    • Legion: Artifact Power = mandatory grind, Legion Legendaries (until later patches with BLP and currency vendor) = grind all activities (WQ, Emissaries, World Boss, Dungeons, Raids) for small chance that a Legion Legendary might drop.
    • BFA: Heart of Azeroth = mandatory grind but couldn't spam short M+ dungeons
    • SL = mandatory rep grind to unlock soulbinds sockets then you had to get the actual conduits from raid, M+ or world bosses

And that was just the initial launch of those expansions. Later on in BFA we had essences that we not only had to unlock but also do X to level them up. Also later in SL, we had Shards that we not only had to collect but also get the shard socketed gear pieces and then also had to do weekly Korthia dailies to level up those shards. Additionally in SL, we had to continue the renown grind because then we had EMPOWERED soulbind sockets. Moreover, you weren't done when you finished 1 Covenant. Because of players wanting the "freedom" to be any and all covenants, you had to regrind renown to 80 for as many Covenants as necessary per your spec and content you were doing. Some classes/specs required Covenant A for raids, Covenant B for M+ and Covenant C for PvP.

DF might not have options but when it comes to those older systems from Legion/BFA/SL, it's better off without them. There's no FOMO about not doing X each day or Y each week. Yes that does mean the "end-point" for some players may come earlier but that's ok. Nobody says you have to stay subbed the entire expansion. You can choose to unsub for a while until new content drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    This expansion they could have at least made those stupid renown account wide but no let's farm that again on every character. I tried to do that on a second alt and i just got bored and quit.
    That's a feature for the 10.2.5 patch. QoL "improvements" don't come until much later in the expansion cycle.

In fact, you can see on the PTR that we are getting an "envoy" system to help grind renown faster.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.