Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    well lets be real for a minute the whole premise of the game is number go up, thats why people get addicted to clicker games, since basically all mythic gear will be replaced next patch anyways, why cant the man get some like 410 gear from doing world content or something like visions, it wont break the game. for player retention i think its perfectly ok to give them something to keep going if they want past 389
    Sure, but the content is there to obtain high valuable gear. It should reward differently doing high m+ keys or raids than WQs. Imagine for a second what would happen if everyone could fly around DF picking up ilevel 420+ gear from WQs. It would most certainly lesser and devaluate organised group content that require much more than mount up->fly to WQ->climb a mountain->obtain ilevel 420 gear.

Now, Blizzard could add really hard solo WQs that rewarded highly desirable gear, but lets be real. If they did that people would come to the forums and cry endlessly for having to actually play decently.

I think, for the most part, alot of players just want to have easy-neverending-grinds that in some shape or form give character progress/power. They dont want a challenge, they want something easy to do, that never really stops.

No idea why really. I have a alt that is bad geared compared to main, but even with the alt im blasting everything down in the world. This all screams "I want BiS without talking to anyone, coop with anyone and it should be easy enough"

i got the one free month from buying DF but i won't be continuing the sub.

DF is not awful... but its not fun nor exciting.
    The core gameplay loop is beyond ancient by now, and blizzard has sort of double-downed on repetitiveness.
    Talent trees still need a monumental amount of work for some classes, who suffer from illogical/senseless talent connections & placement.

Even if the subscription was free i struggle to find any particular reason to bother with the grindy mechanics just to see a characters ilvl go from 400 to 402.
    Dungeons are sub-par compared to the better expansions and the currently available raids & villains arent anything interesting (villains just yell a lot, their entire character).

@crusadernero dude you are very wrong: nobody ask for free loot, solo players want ULTRA HARD solo content like Mage Tower, Horrific Visions or Brawlers Guild.

Solo play thats reward not only cosmetics but 420+ items, for hard effort and preparation, learning, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    @crusadernero dude you are very wrong: nobody ask for free loot, solo players want ULTRA HARD solo content like Mage Tower, Horrific Visions or Brawlers Guild.

Solo play thats reward not only cosmetics but 420+ items, for hard effort and preparation, learning, etc.
    I think Blizzard got turned off from that direction with the community reaction to Torghast.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanthia View Post
    Blizzard is absolutely neglecting the open world players in this expansion.
    World content is absolutely terrible. Siege is a 5 minute joke, likewise Centaurs, soupcraft is just fucking bad - facerolling is an advanced tactic here -, invasions an AOE zergfest (which can be fun, but are otherwise utterly stupid) and a total dearth of WQs because they cause anxiety in some players or something. Luckily I have an army of alts to work on to keep me amused, otherwise bollocks to it all.

if you actualy read through comments a lot of people asks EXACTLY that, best gear from easy content...
    some people want hard solo content ( i would love it, especialy something visions-like) but saying "nobody asks for free loot" is blatant lie, already proven wong in this very thread... actualy going through comments those seems more numerous than people asking for hard solo content...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-01-26 at 10:31 AM.

solo players want ULTRA HARD solo content
    Most solo players do not in fact want ultra hard solo content. Ultra hard content is content most players couldn't do, and few people are gaming masochists who get off on failing.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2023-01-26 at 12:00 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Most solo players do not in fact want ultra hard solo content. Ultra hard content is content most players couldn't do, and few people are gaming masochists who enjoy failing.
    I think you are wrong:

The Dark Souls series had shipped 33.4 million copies outside of Japan as of March 2022

I got bored too, it just didn't really grip me. Dragonriding is fun but not fun enough to keep me playing.

I usually just raid, never got on with Mythic+, and the the raid is okay, but I can't commit the two evenings a week my raid team require (I mean, I could commit that, but I'd rather do other stuff). I've taken breaks from raiding before, that's nothing new.

However, in the past, there had been usually something that kept me playing when I was having a break from raiding - at least early on in the expansion. But something about the current world feels weirdly empty. The story isn't particularly interesting, activities are pretty basic, it just feels a bit bland.

Totally get that opinions may differ and if folks are having fun, good for them. But I'm finding the world content to be lacking *something*

I think you are wrong:

The Dark Souls series had shipped 33.4 million copies outside of Japan as of March 2022
    There are 200 million people who play video/computer games in the US alone. Your attempt at an argument is easily seen to be without merit.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Same for me, it's the first time I get bored very quickly, even leveling alts bores me (I always loved doing it). Afterwards it's cool, the minipatch follow each other faster, but they look empty and boring (the Storm's Fury Event for example ... zzzZzZ)

Kind of off topic, but the games multiple currencies and how to obtain them, and do stuff like the new crafting is really confusing to noobs I've spoken too in DF. I know a few brand new players to WoW with this expansion, and they have zero clue about most of these currencies and what's needed to be done to get them etc...

The game itself does almost nothing to explain how or what to do, and if your not in a Guild or have RL WoW friends, it's pretty insane to figure it all out yourself alone.

Even myself one thing I've not liked the past few expansions, was first the borrowed systems crap like Essences, and Azerite and Renown and Anima, etc...Glad that's gone. But also the games multiple currencies each expansion, and the convoluted way to acquire them, and then how and where to spend them.

I personally don't think it's hard or anything, but I do agree for new players it can be pretty confusing and not so simple to figure out on your own.

A new Guild member that just started playing WoW in DF, said he has no clue about the Storm's Fury Event, he's like ok, I need to go to some time changing NPC and flip the time, then go do some world quest type stuff, and kill some boss, that drops these new token currency things that can only be spent at one NPC, but that NPC needs 2 different types of currency to be abler to buy the stuff, so you then need to do other activies to get that currency too, and then you are able to buy stuff, but you need a lot of that other currency first. Guy was like, uh ok...
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-01-26 at 01:44 PM.

I quit as well. The world content is boring chores without the power gain. Blizz can't innovate beyond basic kill shit, click x fill the bar crap. No interesting progression systems, player expression is abysmal, raids and m+ are uninspired and soulless and the game just lacks any passion behind it. The expansion is just kind of bland, and after 2 terrible expansions in a row, while it's certainly an improvement, I was hoping to see a little more innovation and inspiration. Classes are fun though, and dragonriding is great.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2023-01-26 at 02:47 PM.

The game really has not done a good job at explaining some of the activities. Even as an relatively experienced player I didn't really know about some events and how they worked until I read about them.

I generally have an issue with games where things are left vague sometimes it works, but I don't think it works here.

Although there are exceptions, if I need to read sources that exist outside of a game to understand how something works I consider that less than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    The game really has not done a good job at explaining some of the activities. Even as an relatively experienced player I didn't really know about some events and how they worked until I read about them.

I generally have an issue with games where things are left vague sometimes it works, but I don't think it works here.

Although there are exceptions, if I need to read sources that exist outside of a game to understand how something works I consider that less than good.

100% agree. A game shouldn't need YouTube videos and online guides to learn how to explain and play the game. If so, then the developers made it too complicated if the typical player can't play the game without some guide to tell them how to play.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

This is one of my biggest gripes as well, the world quest system ends up biting them in the ass, especially when applied to big zone events and directing players to 3rd party sites like they've got all the answers to everything day1 is such a lazy and disrespectful approach to customers.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2023-01-26 at 05:00 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I kind of stopped playing, I log once in awhile, and after a few minutes I am like: ''why did i log in again?'' .... I only have my sub run until it hits 20 years subbed.. but even that im not sure off anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    unlike other exps i don't feel burned at all
    but i flat out admit i play less daily than any other exp too since i don't feel forced daily
    this exp is most relaxed to me since years, however i also think that if i played as my usual, i'd probably be bored too

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i agree, heck i'm not even sure if i know all events or not that happen, i just focus on lvling alts, enjoying random talents/builds, lvl profession (not really enjoying that however), and wq or just random sight seeing, i still enjoy DF even after i saw it all

They need to fix that, i remember first 'hunt' i did i had no idea what to do, where to go or anything, until i just ignored it and went to quests since i have no idea what to do
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Bored is better than pissed off!

I expect we'll see a lot more of this, people tend to seriously bounce off MMOs around 90 days in. And that's fine, you played the content, you quit until they release more. That's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    The casual content in DF is quite weird, isn't it? I'm thinking specifically of the soup 'event', the Dragonlame siege (blink and you'll miss it) and the elemental invasion AOE zergfest. Maybe they're testbeds for new content, but I doubt it.
    they are filler content for socials so blizz keep them baited