Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you are bored, dont play. Simple as. When I get bored of a game, I just dont play it. Then I play something else or dont bother at all.

Its not complicated. Or do you need something to fill your life with 24/7?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joveon Lightbringer View Post
    People announce they're bored with a particular game like there's something unusual or wrong about that. Hobbies are ways to enjoy our free time, and it's perfectly natural to alternate hobbies for variety. I started playing WoW 14 years ago, but have taken breaks of 3 and 4 years, so only half that time have I been actively in game. Don't remember announcing my departures, other than to friends. WoW is fun game, but there's more to life than video games! Go play outdoors for a while; the graphics are amazing!
    PLayed wow on/off since mid vanilla. Taken MANY breaks. Some very long, some short. Never given it alot of thought other than "nah, its enough for now" and i'll put it away.

WAY more people should do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    What does seasons have to do with regular new content, like a false dichotomy

prog and gearing took longer and the latter felt worth it. Even if things existed to do now they aren't "worth it" time wise like they used to be.
    Its just called seasons now. PReviously it was "major patch update" or something along those lines. Now its seasonal. Name it whatever you like, the formula is the same. Release xpac -> major patch --> major patch --> major patch(or not) --> new xpac --> repeat.

Prog can take long today if you want it too. Theres mythic raiding, high end pvp & m+ keys.

Or you can play the old versions of wow.

People announce they're bored with a particular game like there's something unusual or wrong about that. Hobbies are ways to enjoy our free time, and it's perfectly natural to alternate hobbies for variety. I started playing WoW 14 years ago, but have taken breaks of 3 and 4 years, so only half that time have I been actively in game. Don't remember announcing my departures, other than to friends. WoW is fun game, but there's more to life than video games! Go play outdoors for a while; the graphics are amazing!
    No way man, what the fuck. The only way to do anything in life is to pick it up, immediately spend 10+ hours a day on it, and then when you become bored of it because you've been doing the same thing for 600+ hours post a thread on a forum about how terrible a hobby it is because you burnt yourself out on it (just make sure you blame everyone else except yourself). Your take sucks dude do you even life

Mostly good replies on this thread, thanks.

I'm still playing and enjoying it honestly. Actually having fun dusting off several alts I haven't touched since BfA, few characters in the level 40+ range haven't played in like 3+ years.

Leveling them up in BfA and man those swampy areas and green sunsets look amazing on a OLED display.

I'm just taking it casual, my main Warlock is iLvl 396, and happy enough there or get to i400. I do run M+ couple times a week on him and like it.

I do like Dragonflight much better than Shittylands and BfA.

Sounds to me like a lot of people's problems aren't with DF but just with WoW in general.

WoW has always been the dungeon & raid game - those are its greatest strength, and what sets it apart from the competition. No other MMO has raids and dungeons as good as WoW's.

People complaining that power in DF is gained only in dungeons and raids (excluding PvP here, of course) need to ask themselves - okay, when was that REALLY different? When was it that you could just durdle around in the open world and get high-power gear? Sure you could get some low to intermediate-power stuff - and you still can. But the good gear has pretty much always come out of dungeons and raids, period.

Or are people simply counting the borrowed power systems of artifact weapons and Azerite neck as "getting power"? Because while that was definitely a thing you could grind on your own, the portion of that power that was just out there for you to collect was fairly small. Artifact thingies dropped in dungeons and raids. As did Azerite armor. You didn't just grind your way to mythic ilvl by roaming the world doing World Quests and events. That was never how it worked, ever, even at the height of borrowed power.

I think what's happening is that people are simply discovering that WoW has some structural, inherent problems that it's basically always had. Flaws that are natural for a game nearing 20 years of age. You know what most other comparable games are like at that age? Dead and buried for a decade. People that expected DF to be a paradigm shift that fundamentally transformed the game at a core level were probably just expecting too much, plain and simple. It's not realistic for an expansion to introduce change on that scale - and it is change on such a scale that would be needed to transform WoW fundamentally. That's never going to happen.

If you look at your playing of the game and go "there's nothing really rewarding to do outside of dungeons and raids, and maybe PvP" - then perhaps you simply are playing the wrong game? That's what WoW *is*. Looking back at its past with nostalgia-tinted goggles doesn't change the fact that the game wasn't really that different back then. YOU, the player, were different. You expected different things, you had different experiences, you had a different attitude. And that's fine, good even. But it's also no surprise that You Now likes different things from You Ten (or Twenty) Years Ago. Asking yourself why the same things don't fulfil you the same way is like asking why watching Transformers cartoons and eating cereal at 10am on a Saturday doesn't really give the same kind of feeling now as it did when you were a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Yeah they should have invested hundreds of millions in a new game that cannibalized their own playerbase from a game that is currently making a ton of money.

Like lol come on guys, just because it isn't the game for you anymore doesn't mean it needs to change. Enormous financial risk with low odds of success.

We're already playing WoW 4, and you can go back and play WoW 1 in classic any time you want

Hundreds of millions, huhh? Don`t be shy..make it trillions...Btw "that cannibalized their own playerbase" just like they did with the vanilla servers? The game is good for 1 thing only..farm gold, buy tokens, put it into the Blizz account and buy other Blizzard games or services in other Blizzard games..Otherwise it`s a snorefest (with record level bugs and unstability..and heck, the bar was not too high...)

I'm pretty bored too, but i only raid and don't do m+.

I do collect a lot of stuff, but i've found myself not really caring about it that much. I still farm some old mounts that i haven't got, but it does start to wear on you when they never drop.

What i might do to make it a bit more fun is see how much gold i can get doing wq and bumming around on alts, so when d4 comes out i can just buy it with gold. Some of the Wq have been giving 700g, not sure if that's because i'm max lvl rep, but something changed when i got to max.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Sounds to me like a lot of people's problems aren't with DF but just with WoW in general.

WoW has always been the dungeon & raid game - those are its greatest strength, and what sets it apart from the competition. No other MMO has raids and dungeons as good as WoW's.

People complaining that power in DF is gained only in dungeons and raids (excluding PvP here, of course) need to ask themselves - okay, when was that REALLY different? When was it that you could just durdle around in the open world and get high-power gear? Sure you could get some low to intermediate-power stuff - and you still can. But the good gear has pretty much always come out of dungeons and raids, period.

Or are people simply counting the borrowed power systems of artifact weapons and Azerite neck as "getting power"? Because while that was definitely a thing you could grind on your own, the portion of that power that was just out there for you to collect was fairly small. Artifact thingies dropped in dungeons and raids. As did Azerite armor. You didn't just grind your way to mythic ilvl by roaming the world doing World Quests and events. That was never how it worked, ever, even at the height of borrowed power.

I think what's happening is that people are simply discovering that WoW has some structural, inherent problems that it's basically always had. Flaws that are natural for a game nearing 20 years of age. You know what most other comparable games are like at that age? Dead and buried for a decade. People that expected DF to be a paradigm shift that fundamentally transformed the game at a core level were probably just expecting too much, plain and simple. It's not realistic for an expansion to introduce change on that scale - and it is change on such a scale that would be needed to transform WoW fundamentally. That's never going to happen.

If you look at your playing of the game and go "there's nothing really rewarding to do outside of dungeons and raids, and maybe PvP" - then perhaps you simply are playing the wrong game? That's what WoW *is*. Looking back at its past with nostalgia-tinted goggles doesn't change the fact that the game wasn't really that different back then. YOU, the player, were different. You expected different things, you had different experiences, you had a different attitude. And that's fine, good even. But it's also no surprise that You Now likes different things from You Ten (or Twenty) Years Ago. Asking yourself why the same things don't fulfil you the same way is like asking why watching Transformers cartoons and eating cereal at 10am on a Saturday doesn't really give the same kind of feeling now as it did when you were a kid.
    Chasing loot in WoW has always been a hamster wheel. We do it anyway because dopamine. I imagine all the big game companies understand what we've learned about brain chemistry and how to keep people hooked. Thing about those brain chemicals (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin...), they work whether we're aware of them or not. It's in our nature. So if you want to enjoy a video game for hours on end, figure out how that will work for you. Doesn't have to be gear upgrades. Can be transmog or mounts, or just hanging out with good friends. OR you can play some other game more tailored to how you like to play. Or you can take up musical instrument, or distance running, or tournament chess, or nature photography...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It does progression = playin in long term gives constant fresh immerse and jump in after a break doesnt make you feel you are years behind in the competiton.

Doesn't have to be gear upgrades. Can be transmog or mounts
    True in principle, but not all rewards are created equal. WoW in particular has been MAJORLY suffering from "rewards power = mandatory / rewards no power = doesn't exist"-type problems for years.

True in principle, but not all rewards are created equal. WoW in particular has been MAJORLY suffering from "rewards power = mandatory / rewards no power = doesn't exist"-type problems for years.
    I don't disagree. When we self-analyze, I think most of us agree that gear upgrades feel great. But how many of us are using transmog from 4 expansions ago, vs how many are using the gear we got from those xpacs?

WoW has always been the dungeon & raid game
    huge false statement there. id say vanilla wow was mostly a leveling mmo.

- - - Updated - - -

i hate this type of post. people naturally wish to give feedback. if you have a problem with that, maybe forums are not for you. why do you want to stir the pot by making a post that directly conflicts with why forums exist?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

- - - Updated - - -

i hate this type of post. people naturally wish to give feedback. if you have a problem with that, maybe forums are not for you. why do you want to stir the pot by making a post that directly conflicts with why forums exist?
    What feedback? OP said he is tired of WoW, tired of doing the things that WoW has always been: questing-dungeons-raids. I replied that getting tired of playing any one game all the time is natural for most humans, and breaks can be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Even IF "vanilla WoW was a leveling MMO" was a true statement (and I disagree that it is), that'd be 1-2 years out of almost 20. To say that because <10% of the game had a lot of leveling focus this is now a "huge false statement" is ridiculous.

But as I said - I disagree with the premise to begin with. WoW was ALWAYS massively focused on dungeons and raids.

prog and gearing took longer and the latter felt worth it. Even if things existed to do now they aren't "worth it" time wise like they used to be.
    So, wait... you want gearing to take longer than it already does?
    How is that gonna help you get more stuff to do?

I'm gonna need you and other guys here that just keep talking about this old time with nostalgia classes and really articulate why you think it was better.
    Cause imo, what we enjoy in games has changes and how we play them has changed and if what you were saying was the case everyone would be playing classic right now.

Please go try other mmo's as well to get a perspective on what can be done.

I don't think that slowing down progression would help in the least. The raid experience is already unrewarding as it is.

The problem in my opinion is in the game itself and how complex it has become. It's a chore to play the game and the grinds are so huge people lose interest before finishing them, such as rep grind and profession knowledge grind.

The gearing is aimed at slowing down pro gamers and the difficulty aimed at challenging them. It is not a game designed for most of us and with m+ now going up to 20, that point is hammered home more than ever.

The trading post was a disappointment too. The points earned are capped every month so there is no extra content there either.

Interviews into dragonflight gave the idea that the regular gamer was the focus and they were giving up on their fight with pro gamers, but it turns out that wasn't the case.

I don't want to make this wow vs. But, there are games out there doing much better things and treating their casual players with respect.

The fun is just not in WoW. It's not cause it's an X years old game. It's cause the gameplay loop is unfullfilling. Everything in the game seems designed to shower you with frustration
    Be it the old nodes and treasures inside terrain, the unbalanced classes/dungeons/raids, the way they force gambling with loot and you often lose, the way key depletion incentivizes toxicity. Dropping even less loot would be even worse. The game systems are outdated. WoW needs to be flipped upside down.
    Season 4 of SL showed such promise as well, but here we are again. Lesson not learned or machine too far engaged that it doesn't have the agility to change course at a faster pace than 5% per patch.

Let players have fun. Reward players for logging in and playing your game. Do not turn everything into a humongous grind (Dragon customization, i can't even fathom who had the terrible idea to lock behind reps and have everyone fly around on the same exact dragon rather than unlock it all at the start and allow player expression) to attempt to twist their arm into staying.
    You do not need to force players to log in every day until they hate your game. How? How after all that we've been through these devs still can't understand that? You need to let your players have fun when they log in. NOT frustrate them. Not lock them into a huge grind they will lose interest in. Let us have fun and we will come back for more.
    Accessibility and reward. That is what WoW is missing most of all. Players are still not respected after all that happened in SL and we are still designing a game for 100 pro gamers. Well... that is eventually what will be left. I am very disappointed with the devs. After all they said, they still don't get it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2023-02-13 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    You're bored for the same reason many people are bored of wow, they dont want to admit it but playing a game for 10+ years hits a point where you cant enjoy it anymore, its like Skyrim.

I come back to skyrim once every blue moon for a few weeks, realize it was fun then, and these days I dont much care.

WoW has hit that same point of being that nostalgic game that sure, it may have new content, but these days that content feels more like a group of modders than the passionate team that made it before.

And thats also because most if not all that team, either because of controversies, time, or just decline have moved on.

Thus wow became the ship of thessius, you saw a classic game get remodeled, rehsaped, rebuilt, and after enough times you ask when someone tells you "This is wow" "but is it?"

This is what I basically said for a long time for 5 years since BFA.

WoW needed WoW 2 5 years ago, it needed a sequel, no matter what people want to deny about that, the reality is a fresh coat of paint is never going to replace the old ship, but a new ship can give you new adventures and a new journey.
    Everyone have their reasons. I simply don’t enjoy it anymore because i treat it as a single player game since WoD and since my only goal is character power, I am always FAR too gimped in solo and since my spare time is not much, I prefer spending it on games that are more satisfying this side (Diablo).

WoW for me is usually done when I finish all the quests, I have no interest in grinding to land miles below max power because I don’t do group content.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Everyone have their reasons. I simply don’t enjoy it anymore because i treat it as a single player game since WoD and since my only goal is character power, I am always FAR too gimped in solo and since my spare time is not much, I prefer spending it on games that are more satisfying this side (Diablo).

WoW for me is usually done when I finish all the quests, I have no interest in grinding to land miles below max power because I don’t do group content.
    See this is how more should deal with this - you recognized the game is more focused on group content, and you prefer solo. So rather than hating on the game/devs, you just found a game that better fits your preferences - good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    All of these are issues with your guild, not with DF.
    Except its server wide, you don't think people have alts in top 10 guilds as well?

We can easily agree the whole connected realm group is slowly dying, but got no option to move all my characters to a higher pop realm, I would in a heartbeat if I could move my 20 characters, for the cost of 1 character transfer, but I'm not going to pay 20x 1 transfer costs.

Just because you don't have issues, doesn't mean a huge part of the game population doesn't, its clearly evident in the extremely low numbers of people clearing the raids in DF compared to even SL.
    Last edited by Ciadia; 2023-02-13 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    It does progression = playin in long term gives constant fresh immerse and jump in after a break doesnt make you feel you are years behind in the competiton.
    It doesn’t work because unlike Diablo and his brothers, seasons do not reset progress.

People that jump in here and there are 90% solo players and they already know they will land miles below max gear no matter how much they play.

For people used to ARPG mechanics this is just a waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    See this is how more should deal with this - you recognized the game is more focused on group content, and you prefer solo. So rather than hating on the game/devs, you just found a game that better fits your preferences - good for you.
    I will never hate the game or devs, WoW has been and sometimes still is a wonderful companion in my last 18 years.

I am almost 49 and it’s probably overall the best game I played until now (and man, I started playing with coin-ops and Commodore 64 back in mid 80s).

It may take a while depending on individuals, but people should just “surrender” to the fact that this is still a multiplayer game and solos will NEVER catch up with only solo playing.

We can just live with it or leave it. Because it should be clear since some time that it’s not devs can’t, the don’t WANT and I think it’s just fair considering, again, what type of game this is.

It's fine to be done with WoW.

in contrast to Legion, BfA and SL, DF is designed in a way that makes it okay to be done with the content. Just take a break. maybe wait until 10.0.7 or 10.1 and try it again.

People announce they're bored with a particular game like there's something unusual or wrong about that. Hobbies are ways to enjoy our free time, and it's perfectly natural to alternate hobbies for variety.
    Exactly. Compared to past expansions, I have barely played Dragonflight. Not because there's no content, there's more than enough of it. And sadly it isn't another hobby either, it's because I have way less time due to a new job.
    I still follow the news, I still log in every night... but sometimes just to drop a Blingtron in hopes of the Engineering mounts. Sometimes I'm way too tired, sometimes I wanna do something else, like follow a stream and/or play another game - which I then manage to play for more than half an hour.
    But I'm getting gossipy and anecdotal.

Point is, if I had the time, I definitely would no-life the Renown grind, get Keymaster and farm collectibles in current and past content.

Because WoW has and always had a great long-term appeal.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.