6 months ban for a raid boost… but I had no alternatives.

Hello everyone. Throwaway new account for obvious reasons.

I’ve just received a 6 months ban for buying a raid boost in Vault of the Incarnates with loot funnel from a boosting website. As the thread name says, I’m guilty but I wanted to gear up my main and I just couldn’t find a group. I’m not here to make one of those posts where people claim to have been falsely banned, or cry calling for an injustice. That's not my case. I did it… okay, but why such a harsh punishment? Using real money is not different from spending money for a token and then using the gold to buy a boost.
    I used to buy from gold communities before, but the one I was using was dismantled. That's why I had to opt for other solutions.

I’m a busy guy with a 55h/week schedule and kids. I’m good at the game but have no time to keep up with everything.

I paid around 440$ to get a raid run from this quite famous website and now I have a 6 months ban. I just feel like a 6 months suspension for something that doesn’t really hurt anyone is excessive.

Does anyone have any experience in reducing ban lengths? This was my first ban. I always used gold communities in the past, prior to the new policies that equalized them to real money sites (in terms of ToS breach). I suspect that it could have been a mistake as I never broke the rules before, and I've literally played for a decade on and off. Is there a GM who can help me out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huolonxpro91 View Post
    Hello everyone. Throwaway new account for obvious reasons.

I’ve just received a 6 months ban for buying a raid boost in Vault of the Incarnates with loot funnel from a boosting website. As the thread name says, I’m guilty but I wanted to gear up my main and I just couldn’t find a group. I’m not here to make one of those posts where people claim to have been falsely banned, or cry calling for an injustice. That's not my case. I did it… okay, but why such a harsh punishment? Using real money is not different from spending money for a token and then using the gold to buy a boost.
    I used to buy from gold communities before, but the one I was using was dismantled. That's why I had to opt for other solutions.

I’m a busy guy with a 55h/week schedule and kids. I’m good at the game but have no time to keep up with everything.

I paid around 440$ to get a raid run from this quite famous website and now I have a 6 months ban. I just feel like a 6 months suspension for something that doesn’t really hurt anyone is excessive.

Does anyone have any experience in reducing ban lengths? This was my first ban. I always used gold communities in the past, prior to the new policies that equalized them to real money sites (in terms of ToS breach). I suspect that it could have been a mistake as I never broke the rules before, and I've literally played for a decade on and off. Is there a GM who can help me out?
    shoulda bought the boost with gold 4head. "i had no alternatives" gold. gold is the alternative. no gm will help you. you broke the rules, you got punished. kekw.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This isn't the place to discuss official Blizzard account actions or sanctions, as no one here can verify your claims, and nothing can be done constructively to discuss or debate them. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead