Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    You severely underestimate 40-year-old dads-of-three(tm).
    Yeah, I was a 40-year-old dad when I was raiding top 30-50 US, and several of my guildies were in a similar age bracket. It was those young whippersnappers that were terrible at the game and had zero patience for learning/progressing.

    Honestly, if I didn't have a wife and kid, I probably would've raided even higher level but taking care of the family didn't allow for a flexible playing times that those guilds would required. That was basically what was fun about our guild though, we were mostly middle-aged men and women with full-time jobs outside of WoW that were good at the game and limited time to play.

    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the average WoW player's age increased over time at a similar rate as the age of the game. Of the players I know that still play WoW, they almost all started playing between vanilla and WotLK, very rarely are they youngin's.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Yeah, I was a 40-year-old dad when I was raiding top 30-50 US, and several of my guildies were in a similar age bracket. It was those young whippersnappers that were terrible at the game and had zero patience for learning/progressing.

    Honestly, if I didn't have a wife and kid, I probably would've raided even higher level but taking care of the family didn't allow for a flexible playing times that those guilds would required. That was basically what was fun about our guild though, we were mostly middle-aged men and women with full-time jobs outside of WoW that were good at the game and limited time to play.

    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the average WoW player's age increased over time at a similar rate as the age of the game. Of the players I know that still play WoW, they almost all started playing between vanilla and WotLK, very rarely are they youngin's.
    'twas a meme. I'm 37, I can't really say much.

  3. #23
    Blizzard curbing toxicity in their community? Now that's about the most hollow goal I could see them come up with.

    Blizzard continuously automates more CS and actively condones community driven toxicity with gameplay features in every one of their games while making it harder and harder to fight a growingly toxic community.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  4. #24
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Imagine having "anxiety" but playing an MMORPG.

    Fucking dumb.
    Ah yes, I forgot people with anxiety aren't allowed to try socialise (or whatever the fuck you're trying to say).

    I wish I was as cool as you.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Imagine having "anxiety" but playing an MMORPG.

    Fucking dumb.
    Imagine complaining about someones anxietys on a forum devoted to a video game.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Imagine having "anxiety" but playing an MMORPG.

    Fucking dumb.
    Do you have, like, a list of what psychological condition allows you to play which type of game?

    Do we need to ask for your permission first, or a doctor's note?

    Either way, I'm glad we have you, the anxiety police, to keep everyone in their place.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Ah yes, I forgot people with anxiety aren't allowed to try socialise (or whatever the fuck you're trying to say).

    I wish I was as cool as you.
    Skyrim has a better experience for all you "scared of interaction" folk.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Imagine having "anxiety" but playing an MMORPG.

    Fucking dumb.
    Ah yes, because everyone's brains work the same way, we're all built exactly the same, feel the same emotions too AND in a game with so many choices and playstyles there's no content at all that a lot of people with anxiety (me included) enjoy doing to decompress and give their minds a rest from stress, worries and anxieties.

    Imagine having a pair of legs but being here making dumb assumptions instead of frequently running the longest marathons, being the fastest sprinter and climbing the hardest mountains too.
    I mean... Going by your logic, others can do all of that so I'm sure you can too.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Ah yes, because everyone's brains work the same way, we're all built exactly the same, feel the same emotions too AND in a game with so many choices and playstyles there's no content at all that a lot of people with anxiety (me included) enjoy doing to decompress and give their minds a rest from stress, worries and anxieties.

    Imagine having a pair of legs but being here making dumb assumptions instead of frequently running the longest marathons, being the fastest sprinter and climbing the hardest mountains too.
    I mean... Going by your logic, others can do all of that so I'm sure you can too.
    And lets not forget that people like the guy you answered to are with a 90% likelyhood the kind of arsehole who just plays DPS and will yell at the Healer if he dies because he didn't move out of the AoE or at the Tank because he shot at some mob 50 meters away from the 9-mob group being pulled.

    Fuck people like that. The game has become so fucking toxic because of all the dudes stuck at 14 who never take responsibility for their own mistakes and will shit on every other player in their group, thinking the only reason they didn't already finnish razageth Mythic or every m20 yet is because some other player who joins their raid/pug after 9 hours of work is just not "with it" enough. And after, they create 12 cry-threads about how the game is just too easy and how casuals are bad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Skyrim has a better experience for all you "scared of interaction" folk.
    Stick to WotLK and to the other people who joined it on the rubbish lie of "IT WAS SO HARD YOU GUYS". Piss off all the other jokes, who got no idea how WotLK was, just pretended and still get high on the fairy tales of overhyped 14 year old content.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2023-01-28 at 02:14 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

    Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

  10. #30
    Didn't take long for the thread to show why such a Discord might be needed. Literally the first reply...
    The WoW community, especially on MMO-C, is toxic AF.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    And lets not forget that people like the guy you answered to are with a 90% likelyhood the kind of arsehole who just plays DPS and will yell at the Healer if he dies because he didn't move out of the AoE or at the Tank because he shot at some mob 50 meters away from the 9-mob group being pulled.

    Fuck people like that. The game has become so fucking toxic because of all the dudes stuck at 14 who never take responsibility for their own mistakes and will shit on every other player in their group, thinking the only reason they didn't already finnish razageth Mythic or every m20 yet is because some other player who joins their raid/pug after 9 hours of work is just not "with it" enough. And after, they create 12 cry-threads about how the game is just too easy and how casuals are bad.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Stick to WotLK and to the other people who joined it on the rubbish lie of "IT WAS SO HARD YOU GUYS". Piss off all the other jokes, who got no idea how WotLK was, just pretended and still get high on the fairy tales of overhyped 14 year old content.
    kekw, Classic broke records for WoW when it got released on Twitch so thanks keep hating <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •