Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

can any of you explain this result ? :)

so, long story short, i was on my alt lock and casually trying to climb on solo shuffle. game ended with me going 3/3. alright, no big deal. then, i realised something very interesting. here, check for yourself :https://imgur.com/a/evgIXrK

now, please kindly check the priest's win/loss, his/her mmr and final result.

am i missing something crucial here or what ? please someone enlighten me.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

I gave up on Solo shuffle.
    In first week of it, I reached 1750 with ~60% win ratio. Then I didnt play for 2-3 weeks. Last week I came back and lost 500 rating.
    In 4:2 games, Id win 0 pts.
    In 3:3 games, Id lose 60-70.
    Even tho my AND MY OPONENTS cr/mmr was almost identical.

I don't get it?

Priest just won 2 rounds and has a little higher mmr than his normal rating so he just got +7.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't get it?

Priest just won 2 rounds and has a little higher mmr than his normal rating so he just got +7.
    I think he's wondering why he received no rating with the lowest MMR while the priest only won 2 games (lost 4), had the highest MMR, and still gained rating.

We don't know what comps won vs what comps, but I understand why this looks weird af

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    I think he's wondering why he received no rating with the lowest MMR while the priest only won 2 games (lost 4), had the highest MMR, and still gained rating.
    Wouldn't lower MMR than your current rating mean that you don't actually get anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't lower MMR than your current rating mean that you don't actually get anything?
    see that's my point exactly. we '' believe '' there are some rules in solo shuffle yet none of us know exactly what those rules are. in that game, i am one of the lowest mmr and rated players, i won 3 games and gained nothing. while that is not unheard, priest being one of the highest mmr players and with winning only 2 games and gaining 7 rating is, let's say, absurd to say the least.

i'm not ranting about '' why i didn't get any rating omg '' btw, i shouldn't in almost any situation.

how the hell that priest gained 7 ratings with only 2 wins AGAINST lower mmr players than him/her ?

Probably. I could be 100% wrong. I definitely dont pay as much attention to it as I should.

They've already said it depends on which rounds are won because you gain/lose rating based on the MMR of your opponents each round.

If the 3 highest MMR players are against you and you win you'll get more points than if it's the 3 lowest MMR players that you beat. Your total rounds won aren't as important as which rounds you win.

It's also just possible that the system is broken at 800mmr because I'm fairly certain it's not even supposed to go that low. I was under the impression you couldn't even lose points before 1400 in both regular arenas and solo shuffle, so who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    They've already said it depends on which rounds are won because you gain/lose rating based on the MMR of your opponents each round.

If the 3 highest MMR players are against you and you win you'll get more points than if it's the 3 lowest MMR players that you beat. Your total rounds won aren't as important as which rounds you win.

It's also just possible that the system is broken at 800mmr because I'm fairly certain it's not even supposed to go that low. I was under the impression you couldn't even lose points before 1400 in both regular arenas and solo shuffle, so who knows.
    you are '' under the impression '' yet you speak like you know everything there is to know about solo shuffle. kinda strange

anyways, this proves my point that, while it may be completely logical, solo shuffle rating system is more vague than it should be and should be explained clearly.

as a side note, you start from 0 rating in solo shuffle so yes, it is entirely possible to be 800 or 1k at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    so, long story short, i was on my alt lock and casually trying to climb on solo shuffle. game ended with me going 3/3. alright, no big deal. then, i realised something very interesting. here, check for yourself :https://imgur.com/a/evgIXrK

priest mmr is higher than cr, and your mmr is lower than cr, hence the results

while your cr/mmr probably adjusted closer to eachother cuz of your 3/3, the priest mmr probably was lowered
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2023-01-30 at 05:06 PM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Pretty sure it's calculated differently for healers than it is for DPS. Most games I've seen seem to support that notion.

But also as the guy above said, the game is gonna try and calibrate your MMR and actual rating to be similar. 3-3 is even which means your actual rating is gonna stay pretty much the same if your MMR is close to your rating. Priest that went 2-4 had a higher MMR, so he's still gonna gain more than he loses (this is supported by how actual arena is calculated as well).
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2023-01-30 at 05:09 PM.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

and your lack of understanding mmr has nothing to do with your escape into superstition

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    and your lack of understanding mmr has nothing to do with your escape into superstition
    there is, or shouldn't be, anything superstitous about my post. i just didn't, and to be frank, still don't understand how the actual mmr system works. while it may work like you suggested, it is still extremely vague and should be clarified by blizzard. that priest may have won with lower mmr dudes against higher mmr dudes. that is possible. but in the grand scheme of things, going 2/4 should NOT give you rating in any world, realm or dimension.

quick edit : you do gain rating while going 2/4 in lower mmrs, below 500 iirc. not in this rating / mmr tho.

It's because the DH was the only DPS carrying his weight. The healer only lost one round when that DH wasn't on his team and won the two rounds when he was on his team. Based on personal experience of about 300 rounds of games, I'm assuming that was the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    MMR in arenas generally starts out at 1500mmr, that might be different with SF or different in DF, but that was the case for most of the game's history. There's a bit of elitism in it, but most regular arena players never see below 1500mmr, even if you're carrying a no XP friend or on an alt.
    i currently do solo shuffle with 3 different toons. hunter is 1.7k, lock is 800 something and druid is 1.2k

all of my toons started with 0 rating and 0 mmr. i am pretty sure about it and iirc i even have a screenshot of my first solo shuffle. if i can find it, i will post it.

solo shuffle's rating system is a bit diferent than arena's though. you may have a negative win / loss ratio yet you may climb slowly in arena. in solo shuffle, if you lose ( namely going negative win like 2-4 or 1-5 ) you lose rating. at least, this WAS my experience until today.

all in all, solo shuffle mmr system needs to be clarified and i don't think i am alone in this statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    It's because the DH was the only DPS carrying his weight. The healer only lost one round when that DH wasn't on his team and won the two rounds when he was on his team. Based on personal experience of about 300 rounds of games, I'm assuming that was the case.
    math says a healer can have the same dps only twice tho. even if he lost those rounds, which he clearly didn't because dh only lost 1 round, priest at least won 1 game with that dh ( possibly 2 ) he still lost 2 more rounds without that dh on his team. again, possiby 3 rounds.

i am at a loss at this point. my logic can not handle someone going 2/4 and gaining RATING.

you are '' under the impression '' yet you speak like you know everything there is to know about solo shuffle. kinda strange

anyways, this proves my point that, while it may be completely logical, solo shuffle rating system is more vague than it should be and should be explained clearly.

as a side note, you start from 0 rating in solo shuffle so yes, it is entirely possible to be 800 or 1k at some point
    Literally never seen anyone under 1k mmr in solo shuffle. Yes of course your rating will be under 1k at one point because you start at 0, but you also start at like 1500mmr. Same thing goes in regular arenas. You start at 1500, and below 1400 you lose 0 points.

I wouldn't worry about Solo Shuffle rating, use it as a springboard to get conquest faster if anything. You can't control who you're paired with and the rating system is beyond broken. You lose points much faster than you gain points. Going 3-3 results in no rating and in my opinion is usually because 1 person went 0-6. Lot of people use it as a "fun mode" and take poor specs into it with no experience "first time balance druid!" "Playing RoP hard cast fire mage!"

The most serious of pvpers pushed rating the very first week of SS. After that week if you didn't play you're stuck in the casual hell that is inescapable.

As long as you're earning conquest in it, it's worth it.

i currently do solo shuffle with 3 different toons. hunter is 1.7k, lock is 800 something and druid is 1.2k

all of my toons started with 0 rating and 0 mmr. i am pretty sure about it and iirc i even have a screenshot of my first solo shuffle. if i can find it, i will post it.

solo shuffle's rating system is a bit diferent than arena's though. you may have a negative win / loss ratio yet you may climb slowly in arena. in solo shuffle, if you lose ( namely going negative win like 2-4 or 1-5 ) you lose rating. at least, this WAS my experience until today.

all in all, solo shuffle mmr system needs to be clarified and i don't think i am alone in this statement.

- - - Updated - - -

math says a healer can have the same dps only twice tho. even if he lost those rounds, which he clearly didn't because dh only lost 1 round, priest at least won 1 game with that dh ( possibly 2 ) he still lost 2 more rounds without that dh on his team. again, possiby 3 rounds.

i am at a loss at this point. my logic can not handle someone going 2/4 and gaining RATING.
    Simple, the healer won 2 rounds with the DH and lost the rounds when he wasn't with the DH. The game can clearly see that one DPS is a huge issue, and if you have that same dps 3-4 times a game, then it knows. The druid losing 5 rounds, they can tell the healer can't fix that. The healer healed as much as the other healer and did significantly more dmg.

I've literally gone 3-3 and lost rating.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Simple, the healer won 2 rounds with the DH and lost the rounds when he wasn't with the DH. The game can clearly see that one DPS is a huge issue, and if you have that same dps 3-4 times a game, then it knows. The druid losing 5 rounds, they can tell the healer can't fix that. The healer healed as much as the other healer and did significantly more dmg.

I've literally gone 3-3 and lost rating.
    To clarify 2 things in this thread.

1. Overall dps/healing usually isn't an indicator of win/losses, it's not the overall numbers that matter it's the kill/save numbers that matter which are isolated parts.

2. Your mmr is what's important, if you have 2000 mmr and your rating is 1500 you'll gain rating much easier until it matches your mmr. I'm not sure how loss in mmr works but I guess that if you lose alot you'll lose mmr faster than your actual rating which means that if you then win 6/6 you might only gain a small rating increase, but it's a buffer for your mmr and your mmr will increase alot so the next time you win you'll gain more rating.

Healers` rating is calculated differently than a damage dealer i think, while i mostly lose all on some setup requiring classes i win almost all on random chaos classes, once i won all 6 rounds on a between 1-2k rating character with both healers being legend 2.4+ and gained +564 rating