Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonflight Rare Spawn Schedule Spreadsheet and Weak Aura

Dragonflight Rare Spawn Schedule Spreadsheet
    Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 brought a major change to the rare spawn schedule of elite creatures across the Dragon Isles, adjusting the spawn cadence to 1 rare every 30 minutes (down from 2 rares every 2 hours).

Players quickly began tracking and documenting the rotation of the rare elites, and Xirev created a spreadsheet listing the schedule for both the NA and EU servers.

Dragonflight Rare Spawn Schedule Weak Aura
    If you don't like using spreadsheets, Xirev also made a Weak Aura to track the rares in game!

The weak aura provides a countdown for the next 3 rares to spawn and can be customized by going to Custom Options:
    • You can display the zone and coordinates for each of the rare.
    • You can set the notification duration for the currently spawned rare.
    • You can change how many rares you want to see in advance.
    • You can decide which rares to track by unticking the box next to their name.

Last edited by Lumy; 2023-01-31 at 02:51 AM.

This is an amazing piece of work.

Remember when Rare Mobs where actually Rare and where something special? And you did not know when or if one would spawn? Good times :P

Quote Originally Posted by supermany2 View Post
    Remember when Rare Mobs where actually Rare and where something special? And you did not know when or if one would spawn? Good times :P
    Yea, can't wait to go after Time Lost Proto Drake again, such an amazing thing!

Horrid times. flying for hours and hours hoping to "get lucky" while doing nothing but tabbing for a mob that likely would never appear.

Eh. That was only ever true for a handful of mobs. Most "rare" mobs were just uncommon, on spawn timers, like these.

That's why Blizz attempted to rename them "vignettes" starting in WoD, and recently removed the silver dragon from the non-elite ones, but of course people complain about that, too.

Tbh having a daily chance at loot, even on a schedule like this, is far better than actual rares that have respawn times of 2-6h, or 8h-4d.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I had an inkling they might be on a set spawn rotation but never bothered looking it up. Took quite a while to find the bird in Thaldraszus needed for the photo achievement just by pure luck.

Still need another 2 rare birds for the achievement, but neither is part of the rotational rares and I'm generally not a fan of camping spawns for any length of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

This is hell of a job!

It may be cool if the rares have no rare loot linked with them. Otherwise it turns into waiting game instead of actual gameplay.

It's fine for one rare in expansion like for example Poundfist was in WoD. But when they came back to similar system in Nazjatar it was horrible. Now every rare has to be on hour-long spawn timer or weird spawn conditions, or even worse "may not spawn on given day". What a dumb idea.

I want to play the game, use my character. Not sit on the grass and stare in one spot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rares are just loot pinatas now. So sadge what wow is (becoming).

10+ Year Old Account
    Soo, not that many of them in general then? Most "rare" feeling mobs were in MoP in my experience, a few in Wrath, but not all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Rares are just loot pinatas now. So sadge what wow is (becoming).
    They always have been that. Even in Vanilla, you had people camping and trying to time rares.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I do remember and 99.9% of rares dropped nothing but useless low level BoE green or blue. 0.1% of those rares dropped something interesting like a mount. Rares with a mount drop do still have 6-24h spawn time just like before.

I miss the location of the rares on the wa. like [Name][Zone/location][Time left]

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I prefer this over long rng respawn. But sadly only like 30% rare falls into this system.

Custom Options

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I miss the location of the rares on the wa. like [Name][Zone/location][Time left]
    Go to the Custom Options tab in the WeakAura and untick "Remove Coordinates".

Not really, they never felt rare in Wow, and the reward sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this spreadsheet and WA useless such as being on a low pop server if the rare isn't killed? Or is it rare one spawns, nobody kills it then it despawns after 30 minutes and the next spawns for 30 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Heftybags View Post
    Is this spreadsheet and WA useless such as being on a low pop server if the rare isn't killed? Or is it rare one spawns, nobody kills it then it despawns after 30 minutes and the next spawns for 30 minutes?
    Unless you're on a low population RP server you will see people out in the world because of Cross Realm Zones, or you could just use the group finder to list that the rare is up. The rare probably doesn't despawn, very unlikely that it survives long enough to find out though.

The timeslot listed after Eldoren the Reborn is missing completely. So, where all spawns listed are 30 minutes apart, there's a 1 hour gap between Eldoren the Reborn and the next listed rare of Skag the Thrower. 2/1/2023 at 00:30 to 2/1/2023 at 01:30; it's missing 01:00. Also, all other lines/days listed are missing that corresponding time too. Anyone know the deal with this?