Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I think most of the people on this forum in general want to raid log only and moan like a 3 year old in Smyths toy store when they have to engage with content outside of their purview.
    This part is right
    But these are also the same morons who would then say that their is nothing to do but cant grasp the idea to just unsub and come back later after they have completed their field of content.
    This part is not.

These are two distinctly separate groups of people. You never see people who like raidlogging complaining about lack of things to do unless you go like 6 months+ with no new raid and the current raid gets WAY stale. The people you TYPICALLY see bitching about "waah nothing to do!" are the people who want to overworld grind and come away with a feeling of accomplishment via their character getting stronger every single time they play (i.e. people who LIKE dumb shit like azerite power and world quests).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    its been proven to be beaten without it.
    It's never been about just beating the bosses. It's about being as powerful as you possibly can so you can parse and feel good beating people on meters. What you're really trying to say is "stop trying to be competitive and just accept some level of mediocrity for the sake of what I think is better game design" and I say fuck that. Nothing outside of raid (or rather, outside of content at least as difficult as raid) has any business being used by people doing content more difficult than what that garbage item/power/whatever came from.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2023-02-10 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    I could be bis depending on the proc dmg. Still not a fan of the system.
    BiS for a few months at the end of the tier. It wont be BiS in season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    BiS for a few months at the end of the tier. It wont be BiS in season 2.
    Could be though I think rings are slowly going to become minor trinket slots this expansion. Given the flame rings and the auto attack one.

Could be though I think rings are slowly going to become minor trinket slots this expansion. Given the flame rings and the auto attack one.
    Rings have always existed like this, the auto attack one from legion, the karazhan one from legion, all the way back to the ones of vanilla like the brood of norzdomu rings.

https://www.wowhead.com/items/armor/...ilter=237;-1;0
    https://www.wowhead.com/items/armor/rings?filter=62;1;0
    https://www.wowhead.com/items/armor/...r=107;0;chance
    https://www.wowhead.com/items/armor/...107;0;increase

There is TONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    Orly. Source for that info. Because all I see is a ring with 3 sockets(no secondary stats) that we just get to play around with for the last month or 2 of the tier.
    ill try find the image i seen on mmo-champion front page it was in one of those item lists they do for ptr and stuff like new datamined items.

althought i could be wrong
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    ill try find the image i seen on mmo-champion front page it was in one of those item lists they do for ptr and stuff like new datamined items.

althought i could be wrong
    It was datamining for the localization text, one of them said something like "Use this to add a Primordial Socket to an item"

I mean, if embellishments are "borrowed power" then trinkets, tier sets etc are too. This is getting a bit silly tbh.

We've had borrowed power ever since Vanilla then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I mean, if embellishments are "borrowed power" then trinkets, tier sets etc are too. This is getting a bit silly tbh.

We've had borrowed power ever since Vanilla then.
    It's a misuse of the term. Borrowed power usually refers to the systems that were central elements of the past.... 3 expansions, borrowed because you have them for an expansion and then they're removed or replaced by a different yet similar system, systems that (some/most) players feel they had little to no choice but engage in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't tie it to dull korean grind content like world rares.
    Could be a lot worse. Lost Ark had an "upgrade" system that had increasing chances to fail as you kept going up. And the time grind investment is much larger than any current system in WoW.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Could be a lot worse. Lost Ark had an "upgrade" system that had increasing chances to fail as you kept going up. And the time grind investment is much larger than any current system in WoW.
    Saying things could be worse almost ensures things wont get better. Apathy isn't really a driver of change.

Saying things could be worse almost ensures things wont get better. Apathy isn't really a driver of change.
    Bro the fact you think killing rares in the new wow zone is somehow "Korean MMO" levels of grind pretty much disqualifies your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Bro the fact you think killing rares in the new wow zone is somehow "Korean MMO" levels of grind pretty much disqualifies your opinion.
    Heck we will get something of that style in this patch for those who enjoy it, the furbolg rep. And even then it will probably end up fast for people who just do it with a group on the first week.

Tier sets, overpowered trinkets, and class specific unique weapons with overpowered procs are still in the game. This is the real borrowed power to rage against above anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot352 View Post
    Tier sets, overpowered trinkets, and class specific unique weapons with overpowered procs are still in the game. This is the real borrowed power to rage against above anything else.
    I wish wow players could not be so hung up on words rather then their meaning...

People dont want a heart of azeroth they unlock and level via world rares.

I wish wow players could not be so hung up on words rather then their meaning...

But that's the thing... that's not what the term means. The actual problem is that people will just grab some random term and attribute all their problems to it, rather than spending time sorting out what they actually have an issue with.

And then they overgeneralise and apply their own feelings to everybody to make their argument sound stronger.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think it's an improvement, even if only psychological. And first I want to say I don't like the new crafting system in Dragonflight. I preferred BC specializations and the simplicity of old, or Elder Scroll Online's system. Very easy components to understand, but also a lot of options and depth.

On what I mean by psychological - there's a clear cut off when you move from Shadowlands and you leave behind all your conduits, the runecarver, covenant vendors, etc. It's now in a dead area that you probably will never visit again. When you tie the borrowed power to crafting it accomplishes a lot, primarily that it feels better because those learnings and investment are still tied to your character and you carry it forward with you in your profession journal.

It also doesn't overcomplicate things you need to learn (except in this case where they went overboard with the Dragonflight specialization trees and all these materials with different ranks). In a better executed expansion profession system, this becomes another tab under your existing journal, where you already understand how the crafting system works, and its just new materials and patterns. Compare that to Shadowlands where you had to learn soulbinds, conduits, runecarving legendary powers, etc. It was infamously bad and so many people either didn't know a system existed or ignored it completely.

Crafting as a staple for a secondary progression system is a much better idea going forward in terms of feeling like you're building up a crafting journal that's tied to your character and the onramp will always be with a familiar system - hoping going forward 11.0+s crafting tab is much simpler.

Also side note, they need to remove gathering professions wtf. Why are they trying to give them specializations and stuff? Bake them into the complimentary crafting / production professions or let people collect stuff baseline.
    ok boomer
    need 10 characters#

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    people can change armor or talents after every fight. not everyone is uploading logs. the best place to get a capture is right in the moment.
    I agree with you to an extent that the best place is to get a capture of the moment, but bro, lfr is not the place you should be looking for inspiration xD
    I 3d print stuff

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

Cause this ring is totally going to stay with us for 2 years and we're going to totally have to farm "ancient power" to keep it relevant throughout the whole expansion as a main focus point.

It's a ring that you keep for 1 patch, get over it. If you don't want the power it gives you then don't do it and camp until next patch. This isn't something that stays with you forever. Just a fun tool to get you further in VOTI and maybe the start of the next raid tier.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    man you are on fire this thread. I think you are playing the wrong game, my guy.
    I 3d print stuff

10+ Year Old Account

The popularity of legion would suggest otherwise. That is exactly what they want. Butt hurt raid logging cry babies are a different story.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    This part is right

This part is not.

These are two distinctly separate groups of people. You never see people who like raidlogging complaining about lack of things to do unless you go like 6 months+ with no new raid and the current raid gets WAY stale. The people you TYPICALLY see bitching about "waah nothing to do!" are the people who want to overworld grind and come away with a feeling of accomplishment via their character getting stronger every single time they play (i.e. people who LIKE dumb shit like azerite power and world quests).

- - - Updated - - -

It's never been about just beating the bosses. It's about being as powerful as you possibly can so you can parse and feel good beating people on meters. What you're really trying to say is "stop trying to be competitive and just accept some level of mediocrity for the sake of what I think is better game design" and I say fuck that. Nothing outside of raid (or rather, outside of content at least as difficult as raid) has any business being used by people doing content more difficult than what that garbage item/power/whatever came from.
    Speaking for myself i have a set of goals and once i accomplish those goals i stop playing, i have people i grew up with who still play but they do not keep me coming back and frankly at this point nothing will which is why i play the patch not the expansion ( recall when this phrase was used all the time xD ). Either accepting it or not does not change the fact they themselves are in fact apart of that mediocrity unless they are apart of the race to world first or MDI pushers. But seeing as how my thoughts regarding MMOs as being trash outside of 2-3 weeks of enjoyment per patch cycle ( I do play both FF14 and WoW and rotate for the various patches ) and i hate every other MMO. But as Blizzard allows me to do the content in 2-3 weeks with no social barriers or restrictions ( i swap mains every patch to avoid the boring gameplay loop ) and this included clearing the raid on Heroic all before the 10th of January.

I do not compete or have the willingness to compete as i feel its pointless since i does not give me anything in general other then feel good points. Even AP grind systems did not keep me engaged for a full patch because i know Blizzard will put in catch up systems to not hinder my alt swapping patch cadence ( i started this in BFA ) that it wont really hurt but a few % here and there.