Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    I mean why is a bis dropping from content roughly akin to lfr and why is it time and rng locked...?

People want to compete at the higher levels of the game be it mythic raids, dungeons, and pvp.

Showing a bis item in there is akin to requiring 6/8 mythic bosses, timed 15s or 2100 rating to unlock lfr.

It doesn't make any sense... just put the gems on all content like crafting regents if you want a freebie bis. Don't force people to grind content they would never touch otherwise.
    Because it only becomes available long after any progress stopped mattering.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because it only becomes available long after any progress stopped mattering.
    So then make it drop from everything...?

Why lock it to world rares and torghast? If it doesn't matter just let me continue to enjoy pvp and mythic.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account

Why lock it to world rares and torghast? If it doesn't matter just let me continue to enjoy pvp and mythic.
    I would like to point out the fallacy of your argument here.

People have been saying that they want WoW to have more content and a swifter patch cadence. Not only have Blizzard been having a swifter patch cadence, but, imagine that - more content! New content. How could they ever deign to add new content!? Especially content with guaranteed drops from 5 to 10 minutes of effort! That's too much of a grind - I'd much rather do a +18 for 50 minutes, have my group wipe many times, get to the end chest and have my key downgrade while I get a whopping 18 primal chaos and no loot.
    And, of course... do it again. Not grindy at all!

Do you see the flaws in your argument? If you consider anything but the content you enjoy as grindy, then you're blissfully ignorant of the nature of the content you do being the grindy part of the game. Let me clarify by saying that I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing. I personally enjoy M+, raiding, PvP as much as the next guy, but... pretending that this new system, this new content being added to our 10.0 patch, is adding mandatory and egregious grind... is so asinine.

EDIT: Plus, it seems like the amount of time this new content takes would fit into your DPS que slots for M+ anyway. Run in, kill a thing, done. I'm genuinely not seeing the grind here. Especially when this place is meant to be a catchup mechanic for people who haven't cleared the content that they want to yet.
    Last edited by Koollan; 2023-02-17 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    I would like to point out the fallacy of your argument here.

People have been saying that they want WoW to have more content and a swifter patch cadence. Not only have Blizzard been having a swifter patch cadence, but, imagine that - more content! New content. How could they ever deign to add new content!? Especially content with guaranteed drops from 5 to 10 minutes of effort! That's too much of a grind - I'd much rather do a +18 for 50 minutes, have my group wipe many times, get to the end chest and have my key downgrade while I get a whopping 18 primal chaos and no loot.
    And, of course... do it again. Not grindy at all!

Do you see the flaws in your argument? If you consider anything but the content you enjoy as grindy, then you're blissfully ignorant of the nature of the content you do being the grindy part of the game. Let me clarify by saying that I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing. I personally enjoy M+, raiding, PvP as much as the next guy, but... pretending that this new system, this new content being added to our 10.0 patch, is adding mandatory and egregious grind... is so asinine.

EDIT: Plus, it seems like the amount of time this new content takes would fit into your DPS que slots for M+ anyway. Run in, kill a thing, done. I'm genuinely not seeing the grind here. Especially when this place is meant to be a catchup mechanic for people who haven't cleared the content that they want to yet.
    The people who ask for that content never end up doing it...

If you add a random bis item its painfully obvious you want people to prop it up unless the difficulty matches the reward.

You are using fallacies in an attempt to find a fallacy. Just respect the difficulty curve or simply hand the item out if it's going to be so powerful the game is effectively rebalanced around it.

I am indifferent to new content. New for the sake of new isn't interesting to me. If this turns out to be a mage tower great but it looks like a choreghast.

It isn't locked to Torghast. The "dungeon" you get it from is not even remotely similar. It's basically just a chest you can walk around in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this basically just like the punch card trinkets from Mechagon? I'm not sure it reaches remotely close to the level of being a "borrowed power" system.

It isn't locked to Torghast. The "dungeon" you get it from is not even remotely similar. It's basically just a chest you can walk around in.
    That's somehow worse...I don't want a trivial time grind to mess with my gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Isn't this basically just like the punch card trinkets from Mechagon? I'm not sure it reaches remotely close to the level of being a "borrowed power" system.
    Maybe... I don't know read before posting..?

A ring offering 100k ish of shields ontop of a dmg trinket proc on crit seems with other more dps oriented combinations seems like an issue...

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    The people who ask for that content never end up doing it...

If you add a random bis item its painfully obvious you want people to prop it up unless the difficulty matches the reward.

You are using fallacies in an attempt to find a fallacy. Just respect the difficulty curve or simply hand the item out if it's going to be so powerful the game is effectively rebalanced around it.

I am indifferent to new content. New for the sake of new isn't interesting to me. If this turns out to be a mage tower great but it looks like a choreghast.
    You've failed to respond to what I put forward and instead added on "new isn't interesting". So, by your logic, the expansion should just be released and done with the first patch? Then we move onto the next expansion? We're not supposed to have patch content?

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim
    That's somehow worse...I don't want a trivial time grind to mess with my gameplay.
    If a couple of minutes of your time counts as a grind for you and makes you hate the game, then I'm honestly very, very surprised that you made it through leveling, let alone M+. But M+ isn't a grind for you... even though it takes much longer and gives you next to nothing for rewards 80% of the time.

My man, forgive me for prying, but I think you need to reevaluate why you're feeling the way you are about new content being added to the game this late into the patch cycle for a catchup mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It more or less is. From projected numbers, it seems like the numbers actually don't even match Mechagon trinkets - in a decent amount of cases, the difference in stats versus a similar ilvl item beat the DPS gain for certain talent setups.
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    shut up idiot

Embellishments requiring crafted gear and the upgrades requiring high level content is fine

The gems...I dislike the rng but I am interested in the fact it gets replaced next season

Then you're just looking for something to dislike. You're always going to succeed at that. Doesn't mean there's any problems other than your own disposition.

You've failed to respond to what I put forward and instead added on "new isn't interesting". So, by your logic, the expansion should just be released and done with the first patch? Then we move onto the next expansion? We're not supposed to have patch content?

If a couple of minutes of your time counts as a grind for you and makes you hate the game, then I'm honestly very, very surprised that you made it through leveling, let alone M+. But M+ isn't a grind for you... even though it takes much longer and gives you next to nothing for rewards 80% of the time.

My man, forgive me for prying, but I think you need to reevaluate why you're feeling the way you are about new content being added to the game this late into the patch cycle for a catchup mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

It more or less is. From projected numbers, it seems like the numbers actually don't even match Mechagon trinkets - in a decent amount of cases, the difference in stats versus a similar ilvl item beat the DPS gain for certain talent setups.
    It's weird how you put so many words into this only to have your argument dismantled by hearing people don't want to waste hours of farming world rares to run a more boring version of choreghast

- - - Updated - - -

Then you're just looking for something to dislike. You're always going to succeed at that. Doesn't mean there's any problems other than your own disposition.
    This is taken with at best apathy from players focused around group activities at end game... I am more disappointed then anything. I can't fathom the mentality that forcing players into content they are not interested in is still seen as a good thing since bfa/sl.

We have the crafting ilv regents. They know how to do this properly but they couldn't even last one major patch before adding an arbitrary grind to the game.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    It's weird how you put so many words into this only to have your argument dismantled by hearing people don't want to waste hours of farming world rares to run a more boring version of choreghast

- - - Updated - - -

This is taken with at best apathy from players focused around group activities at end game... I am more disappointed then anything. I can't fathom the mentality that forcing players into content they are not interested in is still seen as a good thing since bfa/sl.

We have the crafting ilv regents. They know how to do this properly but they couldn't even last one major patch before adding an arbitrary grind to the game.
    You keep talking about 'hours of farming' when that's already been patently disproven. Many times. You kill a couple of rares and do a mini-dungeon, which straight up takes no more than 5, 10 minutes of your time - and, even on top of that, you're absolutely not forced into this content. Because, again.

This is a catchup mechanic zone. This isn't meant for you.

If you don't want the ring + stones, then don't get them from the 5 minutes it takes you to get them. It's not necessary. It's a catchup mechanic for a reason. They're going to be replaced by the next major patch - Blizzard has stated this.

Again. If you don't want to do the content, then don't. Don't complain about something you don't have to do. If you don't have AOTC or CE, sure, it may be advantageous to spend 5 minutes getting a ring and some rocks, but if you've already completed your goals for this season, then just unsub until next season. Nothing's stopping you. If you don't want content to play, then go watch Netflix instead. Resub when there's new content you want to do.
    shut up idiot

You keep talking about 'hours of farming' when that's already been patently disproven. Many times. You kill a couple of rares and do a mini-dungeon, which straight up takes no more than 5, 10 minutes of your time - and, even on top of that, you're absolutely not forced into this content. Because, again.

This is a catchup mechanic zone. This isn't meant for you.

If you don't want the ring + stones, then don't get them from the 5 minutes it takes you to get them. It's not necessary. It's a catchup mechanic for a reason. They're going to be replaced by the next major patch - Blizzard has stated this.

Again. If you don't want to do the content, then don't. Don't complain about something you don't have to do. If you don't have AOTC or CE, sure, it may be advantageous to spend 5 minutes getting a ring and some rocks, but if you've already completed your goals for this season, then just unsub until next season. Nothing's stopping you. If you don't want content to play, then go watch Netflix instead. Resub when there's new content you want to do.
    Sod off.

No one believes the testing drop rates or even spawns will carry over to live. You are also not going to convince me having roughly a 150k shield in pvp every 30s isn't needed when others have it.

Sod off.

No one believes the testing drop rates or even spawns will carry over to live. You are also not going to convince me having roughly a 150k shield in pvp every 30s isn't needed when others have it.
    Yet you can't seem to conceive of the notion that this means that shield isn't going to stick around.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Sod off.

No one believes that? Even though drop rates and spawn rates from testing have been entirely consistent from PTR every single one of our patches in DF, if not being buffed even moreso?

Show your proof that 'nobody believes' that the content currently shown in PTR will be the same functionality when it hits live. Or, are you going to admit that your perceptions are merely conjecture and biased grandstanding?
    shut up idiot

No one believes that? Even though drop rates and spawn rates from testing have been entirely consistent from PTR every single one of our patches in DF, if not being buffed even moreso?

Show your proof that 'nobody believes' that the content currently shown in PTR will be the same functionality when it hits live. Or, are you going to admit that your perceptions are merely conjecture and biased grandstanding?
    Nah I'm just gonna tell ya to sod off git.

Make a derpy cheat item if you want just make gems drop from raiding',dungeons, and pvp boxes and call it a day.

You are never gonna convince me soloing some world rare is interesting content less you crank it up to mage tower levels.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Nah I'm just gonna tell ya to sod off git.

Make a derpy cheat item if you want just make gems drop from raiding',dungeons, and pvp boxes and call it a day.

You are never gonna convince me soloing some world rare is interesting content less you crank it up to mage tower levels.
    I also believe you're forgetting that Jewelcrafters are going to be able to make these on-order for people, no strings attached. But - I dunno, you're the one making yourself look the fool on a public forum for getting angry about new content in a video game you're stuck to. Go off, I guess, and good luck with your M+ and arena spam.
    shut up idiot

I also believe you're forgetting that Jewelcrafters are going to be able to make these on-order for people, no strings attached. But - I dunno, you're the one making yourself look the fool on a public forum for getting angry about new content in a video game you're stuck to. Go off, I guess, and good luck with your M+ and arena spam.
    Pff who cares about jcs? Been sitting at over twenty million for months just sell carries you will make more then the chump change a jc makes

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Pff who cares about jcs? Been sitting at over twenty million for months just sell carries you will make more then the chump change a jc makes
    I... don't think you're fundamentally understanding what I'm saying. I'm telling you that Jewelcrafters can make you the stones without you having to do the content. Now I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually just a parody account with how your... brain works.
    shut up idiot

I... don't think you're fundamentally understanding what I'm saying. I'm telling you that Jewelcrafters can make you the stones without you having to do the content. Now I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually just a parody account with how your... brain works.
    They can't they upgrade the ilv. The stones are bought from a vendor for rerolls and that might be your confusion.