Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The idea is you just organically do stuff ingame as normal, and then a couple of weeks in, you're done. If you come to the end of the month and aren't done, you can go /love some dragons or whatever the gimmick is that month. I like this laid-back approach and don't see any reason to shorten duration.

May have been decent this month with the 2000 Tenders possible for 5000 tenders worth of items. But only 1000 a month will not be conducive to success going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What evidence suggests they will add it? There is none. ALl you have is people wearing tinfoil hats claiming they will. That is not evidence.
    Yeah, there's of course no evidence. But the layout does look a lot like a battle pass and it would be trivially easy to add an option to pay 100k gold to double the monthly tender cap. It doesn't have to have an actual €$ price tag to become a paid battle pass...

Its pretty mutch a loot machine for having a sub and do some stuff in the game…. Dont see the hype around a loot machine with rewards that everybody has in a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    This is probably one of the better changes I've seen in this game so far. Someone who is addicted to tinkering and completing checlists in games like Division 2, New World, you name it. I'm very happy to see Blizzard is finally capitalizing on it. Whilst also showering players with it's small and regular content updates is just a cherry on top of all.
    I 100% agree, I was literally just thinking this - opened MMO-C.com and bang here's the post

I think the Trading post: as annoying as some say.. is one of the coolest ideas theyve come out with out of thin air

But nowhere in their history have they ever done something like that. There is zero reason to do it here with the system they have set up. They DON"T want you getting everything. Doing what you say defeats that purpose. Giving a method that allows you to get everything just causes people to unsub. That is the exact opposite of what they want out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What evidence suggests they will add it? There is none. ALl you have is people wearing tinfoil hats claiming they will. That is not evidence.

AS for my evidence, it is the entire histroy of the cash shop. People have been claiming for years they are going to add things like this to the cash shop[ and Blizzard never has.
    they have added tons of stuff to the cash shop over the years that people have predicted they would. transmog and boost to current max level being the recent ones of note. and the token and the subsequen expansion of things to buy with bnet currency is the big one.

you didn't even adress the evidence i provided, the way you buy items from that thing isn't just another vendor there is authentication going on.

and ofc they haven't added a free-to-play game style battlepass from the 5-10 years ago model since those are no more than glorified subscriptions which wow already has. the new modern diablo immortal/mobile game type of battle pass is just becoming popular last couple of years and that's the one were talking about.

i'd love to trust blizzard again, but they are going to have to do a good job for at least 2 patches in a row. the new expansion honeymoon period isn't enough.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2023-02-18 at 07:36 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like it but I feel like it could be.. more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I kinda like it but I feel like it could be.. more?
    I do hope they will evolve it and they probably intend to given they put it in capital cities and not expansion hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    they have added tons of stuff to the cash shop over the years that people have predicted they would. transmog and boost to current max level being the recent ones of note. and the token and the subsequen expansion of things to buy with bnet currency is the big one.

you didn't even adress the evidence i provided, the way you buy items from that thing isn't just another vendor there is authentication going on.

and ofc they haven't added a free-to-play game style battlepass from the 5-10 years ago model since those are no more than glorified subscriptions which wow already has. the new modern diablo immortal/mobile game type of battle pass is just becoming popular last couple of years and that's the one were talking about.

i'd love to trust blizzard again, but they are going to have to do a good job for at least 2 patches in a row. the new expansion honeymoon period isn't enough.
    People said they would add gear to the cash shop. Did not happen. People have said they would add various in game currencies tied to features into the cash shop. Did not happen.

Boosting to max level is only available AFTER the expansion is over and they are moving to the next one. When an expansion is current, you still have to leve to max as you can only boppost to the m,ax of the previous expansion. Transmog is just cosmetics not in game.

They have NEVER added an in game currency that is tied to a specific feature. The whole point of the Trading Post is that THEY DON"T WANT YOU TO GET EVERYTHING and they want you PLAYING THE GAME. Adding a pack to buy currency would completely defeat that purpose as players would buy the currency, get their cosmetics then unsub again.

"They have added tons of stuff to the cash shop"? ALl they have ever had is mounts, pets, cosmetics, and boosts. That is hardly a ton of stuff. They haven;t added anything relating to power ie gearBlizzard's cash shop is nowhere near what all those other games with MTX are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Its pretty mutch a loot machine for having a sub and do some stuff in the game…. Dont see the hype around a loot machine with rewards that everybody has in a year.
    Noibody is going to have all rewards in a year. It will be impossible since you are so limmited on how much currency you can get in a month.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2023-02-18 at 01:45 PM.

I like it, sorta.
    It's a strict positive so far, i like how they were wise enough this time not to add options that require saving up on tender.

But in regards to the items on offer i wasn't too impressed, i just bought the flail and the hammer (cinderblock-on-a-stick), and put starry horse in the freezer in case i decide he's worth it anyway.

But who knows what comes next.

Still open to potential abuse on their end, but thankfully no sign of that so far.
    Last edited by loras; 2023-02-18 at 01:54 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    they are basically taking the nation of running old raids and looting them for mog and making an official game mode out of it. but i think a lot of the fun in running old raids is that you feel like you are being sneaky and special and playing the game not quite as it was intended. with the trading post, they are spoon feeding it to you so it loses appeal. they are kinda missing the point....again.

super mario world did it better, where they added sneaks and cheats into the game on purpose but it wasn't handed out for free.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Btw did anyone actually have to go out of their way to max the activities? I completely ignored the feature and maxed it out at least a week ago, just by doing the normal stuff I always do. Not a single old raid or doing the /love emote etc.

Trading post is absolutely a battle pass-- but it's in a game monetized by subscriptions, so there's no reasonable justification other than liking money to further monetize it. That doesn't mean they won't do it anyway, Kotick does rather like money, but it would cause a huge uproar. I personally wouldn't quit over it, that doesn't cross a red line for me, but it is close and would further impair my enjoyment of the game and my perception of Blizzard, which is already not exactly at an all-time high. Just my personal opinion, of course.

As it is now, the trading post is basically a set of log-in rewards coupled with easy in-game tasks. Basically the same as Elder Scrolls Online, except it's spread out over a whole month rather than requiring daily logins and the tasks are in the same UI rather than being tied to their "endeavor" system. Pretty much everybody loves it. Blizzard adds a "paid path" at their peril. And yeah, I give it a 50/50 chance of being monetized in the next couple of years even if WoW stays subscription-only. Everybody's looking to monetize their properties; just came out in the news today that Facebook wants to charge $12/month for a verified badge.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2023-02-19 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    there's no reasonable justification other than liking money
    Thats the only reason they do absolutely anything and prime directive going into their every design decision

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The completion requirement is very small it really is an "extra" for players and a way to make more people to sub. And it works well that way because yoy just get rewarded by being a sub. The only thing I went out of my way to do was do a love picnic in Osharan Plains, but that was unnecessary as well since I passively completed others randomly even after I maxed the bar.

It's a win in my book. My VE is rocking the purple hood & cape and void staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    I like the idea of the trading post, but the way it's setup makes me fear that after the first year of the trading post being a thing it's going to turn into a monthly (seasonal) premium $19.99 battle pass that rewards extra cosmetics after you buy the premium battle pass.

Also not certain if the progress cap is set right.. I got the sun-moon cat in a couple of hours.
    I honestly wouldn't care as long as the premium battle pass doesn't surpass what is offered for free, and is just a time/effort skip.

You can rest assured that if it's monetized as time/effort/QoL-only, that the baseline time/effort/QoL will be dramatically worse than right now in order to justify the paid path. So that would still be very bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You can rest assured that if it's monetized as time/effort/QoL-only, that the baseline time/effort/QoL will be dramatically worse than right now in order to justify the paid path. So that would still be very bad.
    I imagine it would be on par with the Hearthstone Tavern Pass on the 'free' route without the xp buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is literally our first ever switching of Trading Post product listings; but do we know when its going to happen? Does it happen when each time zone swaps over to the 1st of March kinda like how the actual release was staggered across EU, US, and OC?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.